R/B Rakdos Deck

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
This is my try at Rakdos Deck what is your opinions/suggestions about the deck?

I Need ideas for my sideboard..also do you think i need more 1 drops like 4x Stonewright or 4x Tormented Soul??

I use the Freak until i can get [C]Ash Zealot[/c] what others 2 drops are good until i can get her beacause i know the freak is weak card

Also should i use Archwing Dragon or BloodFray Giant as 4 drop until i can get Rakdos himself or Aristocrat?

Should i add 5 drop like Zealous Conscripts ?

Should i add [C]Rakdos GuildGate[/c] until i can draft/trade the shock land?
Ok first thing. Never get a guildgate since its just faster to play a basic land. It will never be a replacement for a shock.

For some more interesting 1 drops I could suggest Deathrite Shaman good for clearing graveyards and doing some nice burn.

If your having problems for 2 drops I suggest Knight of Infamy 

I would move the Pillar of flame to the SB and MB 4 Mizzium Mortars

If you want a 5 drop I suggest Thundermaw Hellkite

I would remove Hellhole Flailer 

when you can get 2 Rakdos, Lord of Riots  and 2 Falkenrath Aristocrat

Some boardwipe like 2 Bonfire of the damned

Personally don't like Archwing Dragon

Sideboard some Slaughter GamesRakdos's Return

If I can think of anything else Ill edit/post again. I havent had much sleep and need to fetch my deck to remind myself of what I have.

edit -

Just remembered Dreadbore those are great removal for a rakdos deck. 

IMAGE(http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r552/Lambadelta/Rachel.jpg)

There is a rakdos aggro thread just below this, would be a good place to look for ideas since your trending towards aggro over midrange. community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

Your side should be counters for decks that your likely to play against that you can't fit in the main deck, or an alternate game plan incase your origional one gets shut down. As an example, Im building a bant control deck that uses thragtusk and angel of serenity to recur the thragtusks as finishers. However, in the sideboard, I have cards like centaur healer and some extra board sweepers to help mitigate the effects of aggro and allow me to survive long enough to wipe the board, and some alternate finishers like entreat the angels and host of herons incase I run up against a deck with lots of hard single target removal or Slaughter Games.
Ok first thing. Never get a guildgate since its just faster to play a basic land. It will never be a replacement for a shock.

For some more interesting 1 drops I could suggest Deathrite Shaman good for clearing graveyards and doing some nice burn.

If your having problems for 2 drops I suggest Knight of Infamy 

I would move the Pillar of flame to the SB and MB 4 Mizzium Mortars

If you want a 5 drop I suggest Thundermaw Hellkite

I would remove Hellhole Flailer 

when you can get 2 Rakdos, Lord of Riots  and 2 Falkenrath Aristocrat

Some boardwipe like 2 Bonfire of the damned

Personally don't like Archwing Dragon

Sideboard some Slaughter GamesRakdos's Return

If I can think of anything else Ill edit/post again. I havent had much sleep and need to fetch my deck to remind myself of what I have.

edit -

Just remembered Dreadbore those are great removal for a rakdos deck. 

All the cards are great but most of them are out of my budget especially Bonfire..but i will try to get Mizzium Mortars and Deathrite shaman or Dreadbore 

Also i will post a sideboard in a while

There is a rakdos aggro thread just below this, would be a good place to look for ideas since your trending towards aggro over midrange. community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

Your side should be counters for decks that your likely to play against that you can't fit in the main deck, or an alternate game plan incase your origional one gets shut down. As an example, Im building a bant control deck that uses thragtusk and angel of serenity to recur the thragtusks as finishers. However, in the sideboard, I have cards like centaur healer and some extra board sweepers to help mitigate the effects of aggro and allow me to survive long enough to wipe the board, and some alternate finishers like entreat the angels and host of herons incase I run up against a deck with lots of hard single target removal or Slaughter Games.

I have read every single reply on this thread but i created one just to focus on my deck :D
mortars is more often better than bonfire anyways

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

mortars is more often better than bonfire anyways

Can Rolling Temblor or Magmaquake be any good in this deck as a boardwipe?
In order of wipes I'd take:
1.) Bonfire of the Damned
2.) Mizzium Mortars
3.) Magmaquake
4.) Rolling Temblor

Long story short, I'd try to NOT dip into the 3 and 4 slots... Mizzium Mortars is probably your best budget bet without Bonfire. Magmaquake and Temblor could really make you flounder around for a while as, more than likely, it'll wipe your side too.
Puresteel players unite! [Archetype] PURESTEEL
In order of wipes I'd take:
1.) Bonfire of the Damned
2.) Mizzium Mortars
3.) Magmaquake
4.) Rolling Temblor

Long story short, I'd try to NOT dip into the 3 and 4 slots... Mizzium Mortars is probably your best budget bet without Bonfire. Magmaquake and Temblor could really make you flounder around for a while as, more than likely, it'll wipe your side too.

I havent noticed that magamquake and temblor will deal damage to my creatures :D

Now i will try to get only Mortars...

And now a noob question : How do i kill a plainswalker (i dont own any and in the FNM i went i didnt face anyone) i know they can be killed with Dreadbore but what else?

destroy permanent effects, but also you can redirect burn spells that normally target players to their PWs, or you can of course attack them with creatures.

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket