Make me better!

29 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ok so I have just recently found this forum and I must say, I have learned a lot from it. Before DotP 2013, I didn't know that MtG existed, so I am very new at this game. What I would like to do is post some of my decklists and get some commentary on them from the community. Help a n00b out here! I'll start with my favorite two decks and perhaps I'll post the others later on... we'll see.

Crosswinds

Show

The idea here is to stabilize early (hence 3x hatchling and 3x fog bank) and start producing drakes. Bribery and RoR as well as anything on Panoptic mirror are certainly other win cons, but I find drakes to be the most reliable to set up a win. I like grav shift over favorable winds because of the negative effect it has on opposing ground forces. Future sight is a BEAST, always happy to see it.

Ancient Wilds

Show
[deck]
1 joraga warcaller
3 elvish visionary
1 fauna shaman
1 ring of kalonia
2 thornweald archer
3 beast within
1 carven caryatid
1 eternal witness
1 spawnwrithe
3 wood elves
2 briarpack alpha
2 erratic portal
2 natural order
2 vengevine
1 wolfbriar elemental
1 yeva, nature's herald
1 overrun
2 stingerfling spider
2 thragtusk
1 gaea's revenge
2 pelakka wurm[/deck]

I used to play a Wild Pair-oriented version of this deck but found that I was usually losing by the time I got it out so I revamped it to have a much lower curve. Joraga warcaller is one of my favorite cards because of the effect he can have on all the other weenie elves in here. I included the ring of kalonia for either him (+1/+1 to all elves every turn? yes please!), or spawnwrithe. I didn't think much of him before, but he immediately impacts the board when he's down. People may scratch their heads over no taunting elves or acidic slimes, but I find the former unreliable and the latter overcosted for its effect.  Erratic Portal is the best card in this deck game. Seriously.

I play on Xbox and my GamerTag is Hakeem928... shoot me a request if you want to play!
I can't get over how easy that was to post! I'll post my other two most common decks here as well. I do play them all, but these four are far and away my favorites.

Obedient Dead

Show

Easily my best deck in terms of win %. Tons of removal and big bombs to finish. What else is there to say?

Dream Puppets

Show
[deck]
2 hedron crab
4 jace's phantasm
2 tome scour
2 unsummon
2 counterspell
2 howling mine
2 into the roil
2 jace's erasure
3 mind sculpt
1 dream fracture
2 sword of body and mind
2 clone
2 font of mythos
1 archive trap
2 body double
2 mind control
2 chancellor of the spires[/deck]

I have great success with this deck, especially since Archive Trap has become a lot more reliable to cast for free. Counter magic and bounce spells control the tempo while I mill and set up a draw engine + jace's erasure or get a sword onto a (non-mind-controlled) creature. Clone is so versatile and kills legendaries, same with body double. Mind control is somewhat removal. I win nearly as often by depleting their health as I do depleting their library. Works great for me except against Rakdos. Screw you Demigod.
As a Crosswinds deciple I suggest running heavy control. Use your opponents deck against them.
Drop the Hatchlings, Invocations, Drakes, Spiketail,Sphinx, Sky Summoner. The only flyers you want are the Fog Bank's.
Run all of Rite, Bribery, Archaemancer, Warps. I also run Thievery, although most will argue it's for 2hg only (they do have a point).
Never be too quick to play a Bank, especially if you opponent either has nothing on the battlefield or just a little pinger. Leave your mana open for a Leak or a Leak bluff. This is all personal preferance, but it has worked out very well for me.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

For Obediant Dead, I found I was never getting my boy Grizzlecards out, so I yanked him.

I also tend not to run Nekrataal, due to the existence of tons of black in the current game.

Basically, my current build is the same witht he following exceptions:

- 2 Liliana's Spector
- 1 Liliana's Shade
- 1 Dread
- 1 Nekrataal
-1 Grizzlecards

+2 Befoul - with 2 color decks becoming the norm, it's still always great for busting up a land in case you face black
+1 Exsanguinate - mini-Corrupt
+2 Icy Manipulator - Stalling the game waiting on the next bomb, or with (or without) befoul, great for hosing up mana
+1 Nightmare - Flying un-bribe/mind controllable critter that just gets bigger

Dread and a Shade were the 2 I ran prior to the expansion, while the befouls were mostly in the sideboard. 
Oh yah, I would also drop the Mage's. Crap card really.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

As a Crosswinds deciple I suggest running heavy control. Use your opponents deck against them. Drop the Hatchlings, Invocations, Drakes, Spiketail,Sphinx, Sky Summoner. The only flyers you want are the Fog Bank's. Run all of Rite, Bribery, Archaemancer, Warps. I also run Thievery, although most will argue it's for 2hg only (they do have a point). Never be too quick to play a Bank, especially if you opponent either has nothing on the battlefield or just a little pinger. Leave your mana open for a Leak or a Leak bluff. This is all personal preferance, but it has worked out very well for me.

I used to play it just like that, but I found that I either won in spectacular fashion (one time I had 10 celestial forces and 5 rhox faithmenders: 960 life gained each upkeep... or having Blatant Thievery imprinted on the mirror with Cast through Time on board and stealing 2 perms each turn) or I just fizzled and died because I had nothing on the board. I find playing the drake version much more consistent, though the control game is very fun. Actually, the entire reason I rebuilt the deck this way was to better handle Rakdos. That's a tough match for the control build and you will see it a lot.

I should have specified that I play 1v1 99% of the time. I can imagine the control build is quite strong in 2HG.

Thanks for the input.

She's been surprisingly useful for me. Early she trades with opposing creatures (something the banks/hatchlings cannot do). Mid-game she's a chumper if you need one to survive another turn or two. And late she can help you dig through your deck for that spell you need. I can understand not including her, but I find her versatile no matter when I draw her. If I were to cut any of the low-cost creatures it would be the Hatchlings. They're in there strictly for Goblin and other weenie rushes.

I have thought about cutting one of them for another Time Warp..... hmmm.

Really? I've seen lots of people run with Azure Mages. It's a turn two 2/1 which could be worse for a deck with no 2-drop creatures other than Fog Bank and a single Spiketail Hatchling, and it serves a late game purpose for those times when you're drawing nothing but land.

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

Let me tell you what I think of your Ancient Wilds deck. Please keep in mind that it's only how I play the deck, I'm not saying it's the only way to go, it's just my opinion.

First of all, I agree about Wild Pair, it's incredibly awesome to play a 1/1 elf and then fetch for Gigantomancer but in a 1v1 duel, it just doesn't work this way, first if you have Wild Pair and you still have cards to abuse it in your hand, it means you have some other kind of card advantage going on and you usualy won't need Wild Pair to win. The other scenario is when you aren't winning and you draw a useless Wild Pair because casting it gives you nothing unless you have 8+ mana and another creature to cast in the same turn. If you're losing, Wild Pair is not going to save you.

Another note on Wild Pair, I think the only reason to play with would be to consistantly bring Yeva with your Primadox and Thragtusk but I find it way too slow (turn 7 yeva, as long as you save your 4/4 or 5/3 until turn 7, which means you have to stabilize with something else) and if you want to actually play Wild Pair, you need to run 2-3.. that's a lot of room in the deck.

Joraga: If he's a 1/1 for G, it's pretty useless... if you play it for 5 or 7 mana, there are often better drops. I find that boosting the elves is not how I win with this deck. The elves will often be dead already because I need them as blockers during the first few turns in order to stabilize. I wouldn't play it.

I used to like Briarpack Alpha because it can be a cool combat trick, but after running it for a while, I noticed that its uses are limited and you need to keep 4 mana open to cast it. It's often hard to keep 4 mana open if you got something else to do. If you have Yeva in play, I'd always like to have him in my hand, next to my other creature that I would otherwise play, that way I could have the +2/+2 if I need it, otherwise, I often have better to do with my mana. I know this is far fetched, but I would say his use is similar to Beast Within, except that the latter is much more versatile. The wolf is a good surprise blocker and can save one of your creature, but it's way too situational, most of the time, the threat that I would like to use it against will either be too strong or it will have evasion anyway, so Beast Within is the best answer, if only we could run 4.

Wolfbriar Elemental This card has a good value but I can't find room for it in my list as there are too many tools that I need to run over a big aggro guy. By tools I mean: Thragtusk, Acidic Slime or Stingergling Spider.

Fauna Shaman I used to think this card was a must but it often ends as a 2/2 for 1G... maybe that's how I should play it, and trying to scare my opponent. I just find that the situations in which I actually want to discard one of my creature to fetch another to be too rare, too situational. It's still an awesome card, maybe I should run it, it's just that most of the time I'd rather play my Elvish Visionary and draw another card or play my Wood Elves. However, it can be a life saver to discard a useless Primadox (with nothing on board to bounce) and go fetch a Spider against that big flyer... I'm not sure what I would replace in my list to run it thought, there is not too many low mana cost options that you can get rid of.

Soul of the Harvest This one makes me think of Wild Pair, it triggers when you cast a creature and gives you card advantage, it also comes with a big body, so it's a faster card than Wild Pair. I'm not sure if I run it (it's a 1 of, so I rarely see it) but I really like this card.

Roaring Primadox I did not always run this one but these days I like to abuse of the bounce engine and 2 portals is not enough. I really wish we had something like Primadox that triggers when he comes into play instead of triggering at the beginning of your upkeep. Playing 4 of this guy is definitely too much since it's not something you will cast on turn 4 with only 1 other creature in play. I often took that risk / made that mistake. You end up losing lots of tempo because it makes it too tempting for your opponent to get rid of your elvish visionary (or whatever you have there) and then the Primadox gets back in your hand as a dead card. I like to run 1-2.

I know this is quite incomplete, there are some awesome cards that I did not talk about, such as Portal, Natural Order, Eternal Witness, Vengevine, these are auto includes imo. I also like Pelakka Wurm.

I hope this helps at least a little.

I like your points except for the Primadox and the Wolfbriar. If the Primadox had a 'may' in his ability I would include it no question, but as it stands it has hurt me as often as it has helped. The Wolfbriar's ability ensures he's relevant late into the game and if you have a portal up and running the tokens can get out of hand fast.

Soul of the Harvest is nice, I ran him for quite some time but I found that gaining card advantage starting on turn 7 was too late, so in my eyes he was 6/6 trample for 6. Not bad but not auto-include. If I were to cut the Joraga, I would probably pick this up.

And about Joraga, most of the time he is only a 1/1 for 1 but  he's rarely seen as a threat and survives late into the game. Bouncing him and recasting to swing with your now-beefy army is fun, so that's why he's in there. He's a gimmick that I happen to like these days. I will probably cut him and the ring soon because I now think there may be better options. Hard to deny the fun-factor here though!

You are right about the Briarpacks, but I don't know what to grab in place of them. I haven't had much success with Taunting Elf, perhaps I could go that route as a 1 of and keep 1 Briarpack? Wheels are spinning. I do like combat tricks, however, and I feel he outclasses Giant Growth. Pitching a vengevine into the yard mid-combat and seeking your briarpack only to flash it in and recur Vengevine (or 2!) at the same time is pretty sweet, however rare.

And I forgot the fauna shaman... pitching vengevine into your yard to grab the creature you need now is always a great play (see above). It's like a second copy of all your best creatures, IMO. I can't see me giving this one up.

Thanks for the advice.
For Obediant Dead, I found I was never getting my boy Grizzlecards out, so I yanked him.

I also tend not to run Nekrataal, due to the existence of tons of black in the current game.

Basically, my current build is the same witht he following exceptions:

- 2 Liliana's Spector
- 1 Liliana's Shade
- 1 Dread
- 1 Nekrataal
-1 Grizzlecards

+2 Befoul - with 2 color decks becoming the norm, it's still always great for busting up a land in case you face black
+1 Exsanguinate - mini-Corrupt
+2 Icy Manipulator - Stalling the game waiting on the next bomb, or with (or without) befoul, great for hosing up mana
+1 Nightmare - Flying un-bribe/mind controllable critter that just gets bigger

Dread and a Shade were the 2 I ran prior to the expansion, while the befouls were mostly in the sideboard. 

Nice points about Nekrataal/Befoul/Nightmare. I may tweak the deck a little based on that input.

I can see the benefit of Icy Manipulator, I used to run it in Jace's deck, but I don't want to play control with this deck; I'll keep the Specters. Personal preference.

And Griselbrand is just too awesome. I am NOT cutting him. Call me stubborn.
Sean. Azure has only ever been a dead card to my build. I feel I get enough draw from Slieghts, Keep Watch and Future Sight.
@ hakeem.
Control is still playable in 1v1. Last night I kicked a RoR on Creekwood. Took a lot of thought and control to get to that point, but I did.

Show

Devil,

Don't you have a hard time getting to the late game with only Fog Bank, Counters, and Bounce to get you there?  I'm not saying you need full playsets of Hatchlings, Mages, and Invocations, but 2-4 total cards of some combination of those should help stabalize the board.  

I think in my build I have 2 mages and 2 Invocations and I still have a full playset of RoR, Warps, Draw, Counters, Bounce, etc.  So I'm not sure what you are putting in to cut every single one of those things out? Blatant Thievery is one that I don't have, but do you run even more of the 6+ mana bombs? 
Sean. Azure has only ever been a dead card to my build. I feel I get enough draw from Slieghts, Keep Watch and Future Sight. @ hakeem. Control is still playable in 1v1. Last night I kicked a RoR on Creekwood. Took a lot of thought and control to get to that point, but I did.

Personally I'd rather have Azure Mage than Keep Watch.  It's cheaper, it's not situational and it can chump or kill a creature potentially.  Overall average toughness of creatures in the game is 2, which makes it more valuable than a single instant.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Well, I'm not one to shy away from playing a 4 cost RoR as may are. I have two more and ways to bring them back. Next turn Bribe the card that gives you the longest turn advantage. Doesn't always play out right but the combination of the above plus Fogs, bounce, and control is usually enough to get me there

Show

Sean. Azure has only ever been a dead card to my build. I feel I get enough draw from Slieghts, Keep Watch and Future Sight. @ hakeem. Control is still playable in 1v1. Last night I kicked a RoR on Creekwood. Took a lot of thought and control to get to that point, but I did.

Personally I'd rather have Azure Mage than Keep Watch.  It's cheaper, it's not situational and it can chump or kill a creature potentially.  Overall average toughness of creatures in the game is 2, which makes it more valuable than a single instant.

Have you ever swung with your Kraken Hatchlings? Keep Watch makes it possible! Love that card.
Well, I'm not one to shy away from playing a 4 cost RoR as may are. I have two more and ways to bring them back. Next turn Bribe the card that gives you the longest turn advantage. Doesn't always play out right but the combination of the above plus Fogs, bounce, and control is usually enough to get me there

I used to do this when I played the control build, and if there were 2x Bribery in the deck as well as a few Redirects then I would definately still be playing it. As it stands now, I find it plays wildly different from game to game and against each other deck. Fun, but unreliable. I am having more fun with my current build and I have actually beaten some good goblin hands with it. Not many, but some! 
I agree that there is a large degree of not being able to do exactly what you want everytime but there are so many different paths to the goal that keep you on your toes, I have a hard time putting it down when I'm in the groove. Gobbys can ruin you day I must admit. Lucky Gobs have cleared a bit out of the meta.

Show

Ok so I have just recently found this forum and I must say, I have learned a lot from it. Before DotP 2013, I didn't know that MtG existed, so I am very new at this game. What I would like to do is post some of my decklists and get some commentary on them from the community. Help a n00b out here! I'll start with my favorite two decks and perhaps I'll post the others later on... we'll see.

Crosswinds

Show

The idea here is to stabilize early (hence 3x hatchling and 3x fog bank) and start producing drakes. Bribery and RoR as well as anything on Panoptic mirror are certainly other win cons, but I find drakes to be the most reliable to set up a win. I like grav shift over favorable winds because of the negative effect it has on opposing ground forces. Future sight is a BEAST, always happy to see it.

Ancient Wilds

Show
[deck]
1 joraga warcaller
3 elvish visionary
1 fauna shaman
1 ring of kalonia
2 thornweald archer
3 beast within
1 carven caryatid
1 eternal witness
1 spawnwrithe
3 wood elves
2 briarpack alpha
2 erratic portal
2 natural order
2 vengevine
1 wolfbriar elemental
1 yeva, nature's herald
1 overrun
2 stingerfling spider
2 thragtusk
1 gaea's revenge
2 pelakka wurm[/deck]

I used to play a Wild Pair-oriented version of this deck but found that I was usually losing by the time I got it out so I revamped it to have a much lower curve. Joraga warcaller is one of my favorite cards because of the effect he can have on all the other weenie elves in here. I included the ring of kalonia for either him (+1/+1 to all elves every turn? yes please!), or spawnwrithe. I didn't think much of him before, but he immediately impacts the board when he's down. People may scratch their heads over no taunting elves or acidic slimes, but I find the former unreliable and the latter overcosted for its effect.  Erratic Portal is the best card in this deck game. Seriously.

I play on Xbox and my GamerTag is Hakeem928... shoot me a request if you want to play!

I didn't real all the responses but re: Crosswinds...

For the love of God please put in the second time warp and the third rite of replication and a third sleight of hand. Anyone that tells you differently, ignore them. At least on the Rite of Replication and time warp. Those are WITHOUT QUESTION, the best cards in the deck aside from the mirror.

I recomment dropping Talrand, Sky Summoner for one of those since he eats removal in your creatuee light deck easily... and both Azure mages but if you want the mages (though I can't stand them and I'm not sure why the people here like them---3-4 mana to draw a card? you might as well just put a tidings in instead...) drop 1 hatchling and 1 invocation.

You are also MISSING THE BEST CARD in Yeva's deck right now. 3x Acidic Slime. I am absolutely brutalizing the multicolored expansion decks with this card. I use fauna shama/natural order just to grab one sometimes. Sure a Gae's Revenge is a better attacker and has protection but nothing is better than your opponent not being able to play spells.

Also, I might throw in an elderscale worm over one Pelakka wurm for a bit more vaiety but a 7 life gain plus 7/7 trample card is also very good...

And +2 roaring primadoes....but I use a bounc build---two primadoxes and two portals...

Cast the slime and return it to my hand and cast it again --> Multicolored deck opponent rage quits.

Joraga can be cut, the ring can be cut, 1 briarback can be cut, 1 spider can be cut...I'd also drop the spawnwrithe...

Just my $0.02
I can't get over how easy that was to post! I'll post my other two most common decks here as well. I do play them all, but these four are far and away my favorites.

Obedient Dead

Show

Easily my best deck in terms of win %. Tons of removal and big bombs to finish. What else is there to say?

Dream Puppets

Show
[deck]
2 hedron crab
4 jace's phantasm
2 tome scour
2 unsummon
2 counterspell
2 howling mine
2 into the roil
2 jace's erasure
3 mind sculpt
1 dream fracture
2 sword of body and mind
2 clone
2 font of mythos
1 archive trap
2 body double
2 mind control
2 chancellor of the spires[/deck]

I have great success with this deck, especially since Archive Trap has become a lot more reliable to cast for free. Counter magic and bounce spells control the tempo while I mill and set up a draw engine + jace's erasure or get a sword onto a (non-mind-controlled) creature. Clone is so versatile and kills legendaries, same with body double. Mind control is somewhat removal. I win nearly as often by depleting their health as I do depleting their library. Works great for me except against Rakdos. Screw you Demigod.

Well, you have the mill machine built but lack the the payoff..

Somewhere you need to fit 3x dreamborn muse.

What you are doing is creating a mill machine: 2x howling mine and 2x font of mythos keep their hands full and your muse makes them pay for the extra cards and your erasure makes them pay for you drawing extra cards.. I would drop 1-2x mind control in a mill build...and 1 tome scour for 3x Dreamborn muse and you have pretty much my exact mill build...

Body doubles are needed and so is the clone...more so than the mind control...

Also, consider 1-2 visions of beyond over another tome scour. Paying 1 mana to draw three cards (since you are running a mill version of Jace) is efficient.

Your Liliana deck is pretty much identical to one version that I run...I like it and it should net a lot of wins...

Crosswinds

Show

Ancient Wilds

Show
[deck]
1 joraga warcaller
3 elvish visionary
1 fauna shaman
1 ring of kalonia
2 thornweald archer
3 beast within
1 carven caryatid
1 eternal witness
1 spawnwrithe
3 wood elves
2 briarpack alpha
2 erratic portal
2 natural order
2 vengevine
1 wolfbriar elemental
1 yeva, nature's herald
1 overrun
2 stingerfling spider
2 thragtusk
1 gaea's revenge
2 pelakka wurm[/deck]

You are also MISSING THE BEST CARD in Yeva's deck right now. 3x Acidic Slime. I am absolutely brutalizing the multicolored expansion decks with this card. I use fauna shama/natural order just to grab one sometimes. Sure a Gae's Revenge is a better attacker and has protection but nothing is better than your opponent not being able to play spells.

Also, I might throw in an elderscale worm over one Pelakka wurm for a bit more vaiety but a 7 life gain plus 7/7 trample card is also very good...

And +2 roaring primadoes....but I use a bounc build---two primadoxes and two portals...

Cast the slime and return it to my hand and cast it again --> Multicolored deck opponent rage quits.

Joraga can be cut, the ring can be cut, 1 briarback can be cut, 1 spider can be cut...I'd also drop the spawnwrithe...

Just my $0.02

Well given the above advice I have tweaked my AW build and it seems great! I cut the Briarpack Alphas, Joraga Warcaller, Ring of Kalonia, and Spawnwrithe. In their place I now have 3x Acidic Slime and 2x Taunting Elf. The curve still feels good, although I only got to play a handful of matches with it.

Some good advice.
Turn 3 wood elves = turn 4 acidic slime = turn 6 quit....

IMAGE(http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af90/icanhasgif/04f6b6162a1996db0360a86a84f49d43.jpg)

This guy quit on turn 5 though since I drew a second slime. If i didnt draw another one and he didn't kill thenone on board turn 5 the portal goes out and turn 6 I do this anyways. He would have needed to draw a black mana turn 5 to have any chance in the game since the kill spells require black mana....

Man, Hakeem, remember when you were a noob? Found this while digging through 50+ pages looking for the old Duels 2014 Deck Requests thread. Still haven't found it, mind you. Worthless bloody search function.

Wizards: We're huge fans of George Orwell.

Wow, Necromancer!

Show

I saw a post from Wizards_Sean

GraciousEel761 wrote:

That was when he was young and full of exuberance.   We have since beat him down with our requests and complaints and he's a much more defeated individual.  Think Al Bundy from Married with Children.   I don't think he can stand the sight of his own children (us in this example) anymore.

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

sixty4half wrote:

GraciousEel761 wrote:

That was when he was young and full of exuberance.   We have since beat him down with our requests and complaints and he's a much more defeated individual.  Think Al Bundy from Married with Children.   I don't think he can stand the sight of his own children (us in this example) anymore.

Think Al Bundy from married with children... lol.

I think that was my first post, lol. How the hell did you dredge this up?

Hakeem928 wrote:

He managed to do it by putting X cards from the top of his library into his graveyard.

"People are like sausages: it's what's under the skin that's important... so poke them with a fork periodically."

"Lif is too short."

Hakeem928 wrote:

Like I said, I was looking for "Duels 2014 Deck Requests" - except without the quotes, because that TOTALLY bones the search function - and this was on page fifty or so "sorted by relevancy." Note I never found the actual topic that way. I had to search "deck requests", click the Duels 2014 NON-Deck Requests thread...which, luckily, had a link to the Deck Requests thread...and then I had it.

This forum is worse than a root canal. :/ And it probably was your first post - the post date was 2012/10/10 and your join date is 2012/10, so...

Wizards: We're huge fans of George Orwell.