YMTC Idol 10: Round 9 Tie-Breaker!

64 posts / 0 new
Last post

IMAGE(http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l300/idiotic_puppy/YMTCIdol10logo.jpg)

Welcome to the 9th round vote-off of YMTC Idol!

Our first ever tie-breaker! At least, that I've been a part of. razorborne will have to sit this one out while Imidazoline and Detektor battle it out.

You'll recall that your last round tasked you with a vertical cycle spanning three colors. For this tie-breaker, you will design a two-color mythic rare. It's two-colors will be the two-colors you neglected, and it's theme will be the antithesis of your previous cycle. That doesn't necessarily mean it needs to be a hoser; rather, it should constrast in some stark matter.

Imidazoline and Detektor have 3 days to submit. Judges majority vote will decide who goes on.
Make sure everyone votes it a tie again so we can have razorborn vs detekavoavoavoline
It's too late. We have achieved fusion.
Detektazoline can submit 1 card, representing imi and detektor. Then we all vote on that card.
submission from imi and detektor is not required.

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Make sure everyone votes it a tie again so we can have razorborn vs detekavoavoavoline

No vote this time. I can't trust the public for this match-up. (>.<)
this time razorborne chooses the winner.

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

So I guess the both of you are eliminated? Because you are going to submit only one card and people vote for the worse submission.
So a blue white mythic that contrasts strongly with turning stuff into mana.

Some thought is required, though my first thought isi just to invert it and turn mana into stuff.
We query the judges whether we could compete in fusion.

We also query razorborne as to whether that would royally piss him off.
We agree with ourself. We cannot participate in the tiebreaker round. The ties between us are unbreakable.

We might also gain the element of suprise against razorborne. 
We agree with ourself. We cannot participate in the tiebreaker round. The ties between us are unbreakable.

you think I'm not reading this thread? like, if both of you guys want to not submit in protest and be disqualified for not participating that's fine by me. I will enjoy my finals round all by myself.

you think I'm not reading this thread? like, if both of you guys want to not submit in protest and be disqualified for not participating that's fine by me. I will enjoy my finals round all by myself.

Your submission would automatically be the worst in the finals round, so you too would be eliminated.
YMTC Idol 10 is... no one! suck it!

I don't feel as though razorborne should ever be allowed to win a popularity contest.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
I would like to query as to whether Mown ended up voting.

Like, of all the contests I'd like to win, it's this one, but if Mown didn't vote then I would probably withdraw, because I'd feel bad otherwise given that should really have been another vote for me.

It's not like competing as part of Detektazoline wouldn't be fun as well.
Also, Detektazoline is so much more likeable than Detek or myself singularly, so I would actually have a small concern over whether that would influence voting. Which would trouble me a little.
Also, Detektazoline is so much more likeable than Detek or myself singularly, so I would actually have a small concern over whether that would influence voting. Which would trouble me a little.

Perhaps we could submit cards via PM, and have them displayed by a third party.

Also, Detektor is very likeable on his own. 
OK, so I still wanted to be in a position where I wouldn't have to scrounge something crap together whatever the judges decide to do, but I came up with something that a) I thought was neat enough to submit, and b) actually feels mythic to me and c) actually you know, fits the criteria.

Telane Clockblade |
Legendary Creature - Moonfolk Knight
First strike
Whenever a creature dies, end the turn.
"No death is meaningless. No death will go unmourned. Not even yours."
3/3

So this is the antithesis of my initial entry because they need stuff to die to make use of it, but then this guy's all grossed out by the dishonor and stuff and says 'NO WAY IS THAT OK' and stops everything until the next turn to make sure the new deadee is all taken care of and this is going to end my razor impression I just don't have the rambling chops.

I liked the mechanical segue of these blue and white abilities here, especially in a defensive control mode, where he can sit back and just about fog while killing small attackers, so swarm and aggro decks hate him. He started at a CMC of 4 but got bumped to 5 for this reason.
Not an aggro card itself, it does more work in a control shell by encouraging board commitment pre-combat.

The most unfun thing I could think of here was hooking up both a Basilisk Collar and something like Lightning Prowess for a creature dependent turn lock. But that's at least two other cards, plus a way to continue to generate creatures to extend the lock, so I didn't think that was awful. It also turns Doom Blades etc into Time Warps, but that works both ways.

So I still don't know what's going on with this tie-breaker thingy and and much as I enjoy the sight of an amalgam of me and Detektor discussing options with myself this is probably my card.
So this is the antithesis of my initial entry because they need stuff to die to make use of it, but then this guy's all grossed out by the dishonor and stuff and says 'NO WAY IS THAT OK' and stops everything until the next turn to make sure the new deadee is all taken care of and this is going to end my razor impression I just don't have the rambling chops.

don't sell yourself short bro. anyone can ramble. you just have to believe in yourself.

that's actually a recent thing right? I don't recall razor rambling like that few years back? or had he always been like that and i'm that blatantly unobservant lol?

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
that's actually a recent thing right? I don't recall razor rambling like that few years back? or had he always been like that and i'm that blatantly unobservant lol?

maybe

maybe

don't read that post I am incredibly wrong that card was broken.

maybe

don't read that post I am incredibly wrong that card was broken.

Well duh, It was Control Magic, even without recursion it would be broken.

The next card was more broken though. 
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Are we talking the combo with 1-mana blue draw spells or the name of the mechanic? because I'm looking at a list of every keyworded ability that I have for other reasons, and the only ones I see are Flash and Fear, and they both relate to the cards.

I was an awesome 16-year-old.

Are we talking the combo with 1-mana blue draw spells or the name of the mechanic? because I'm looking at a list of every keyworded ability that I have for other reasons, and the only ones I see are Flash and Fear, and they both relate to the cards.

Too bad that Battle Cry has happened since then.
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:

maybe

Post #398 in that thred, you forgot to put the smiley!

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Your submission would automatically be the worst in the finals round, so you too would be eliminated.

You know you vote on the winner in the finals, right?

I would like to query as to whether Mown ended up voting.

Like, of all the contests I'd like to win, it's this one, but if Mown didn't vote then I would probably withdraw, because I'd feel bad otherwise given that should really have been another vote for me.

It's not like competing as part of Detektazoline wouldn't be fun as well.

No, I didn't vote. This wasn't an accident or anything, any vote wouldn't represent my feelings on the matter. Detektor had better cards, you had a better cycle. I genuinely have no idea what to do with it. Also, I despise being tiebreaker, especially in things like this.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

you can never sink lower than the Purple_Shrimp of 2006
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
This definitely doesn't mean what you think it means.
I was referring to the painting The Treachery of Images.
I know.

how low is that?

I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]

So I guess the both of you are eliminated? Because you are going to submit only one card and people vote for the worse submission.

So a blue white mythic that contrasts strongly with turning stuff into mana.

Some thought is required, though my first thought isi just to invert it and turn mana into stuff.

I like to see this sequence of posts as direct responses to the previous one.
Detektazoline  -We will compete together.
Riovrd -That would logically result in both of your eliminations.
Imi -I have my own idea for a card.
This is going to be tricky, because my original submission was about doing something for both players with a twist of unfairness. I'm not really sure whether the opposite of that is complete equality or complete bias.

Hmm.

This is going to be tricky, because my original submission was about doing something for both players with a twist of unfairness. I'm not really sure whether the opposite of that is complete equality or complete bias.

Hmm.

Well some very balancey effects tend to be very biased towards some players over others.

Hmm.

Well some very balancey effects tend to be very biased towards some players over others.

I already essentially did that, though.

how low is that?

my first post was a chimney imp joke
i trust that is sufficient information? 
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
I know.

how low is that?

I used to end every autocard with a link to chimney imp like this.

how low is that?

maybe it was IN back then : P I don't know coz' i'm not around back in 06'

I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Chimney Imp jokes were funny for a total of one thread.

Woody Engine jokes, on the other hand, continue to be funny to this day.

Gogha, Sword of Suffrage 
Legendary Creature - Elf Barbarian [MR]
Mana abilities add mana to each player's mana pool.
: Gogha, Sword of Suffrage gets +3/+3 until end of turn.
'Each day from dawn to dusk we fight
for Mother Keld, and equal rites...'
-excerpt from The Marching Song of Gogha

2/2

I've decided to go with the theme of equality, and I also wanted to make a card that was conceptually elegant in order to balance the complexity of my last submission. And what are red and green both great at? Mana production! She's definitely a build-around-me card, but she comes with her own little way to soak up the extra mana at instant speed and/or do some bashing in the early turns of the game. I also like that she's rarely going to enable countermagic, since that tends to require double blue. Although probably the most interesting time to play her would be in a duel where both players shared at least one colour, so that each player always had chance of fueling otheir opponent's instants or instant-speed abilities. Keeping track of what mana is in your mana pool shouldn't be hard, because the opponent has to declare what they're adding anyways and it always empties at the end of the phase.

Longer explanation and better flavour text coming.

I can't wait for Detektazoline to fuse these two cards, though.

I can't wait for Detektazoline to fuse these two cards, though.

We are full of wonderful ideas.

Telane Goghra, the Sufferclock |
Legendary Creature - Elf Knight
: Telane Goghra, the Sufferclock gets +2/+2 until end of turn. Then, if Telane's power is eight or more, end the turn. Any player may activate this ability.
He exults in his power each day, and mourns its loss each night.
2/2
Chimney Imp jokes were funny for a total of one thread.

Woody Engine jokes, on the other hand, continue to be funny to this day.

i think i remember that actually
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
I know.
If both contestants are ready, we'll move onto judges decisions. We'll probably do that even if you aren't ready, but I wanted to sound nice.