Question about Web

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
When you web a creature does he lose his ability to attack if you are adjacent?  Can they still attack with ranged?

Also as a webbed Creature can you remove Web and move in the same turn?  I was under the impression that you could not.  That you had to spend your turn removing it.  But if you can remove it and move in the same turn it kinda makes it useless almost.  
When you web a creature does he lose his ability to attack if you are adjacent?  Can they still attack with ranged?

Also as a webbed Creature can you remove Web and move in the same turn?  I was under the impression that you could not.  That you had to spend your turn removing it.  But if you can remove it and move in the same turn it kinda makes it useless almost.  

Yes, you can attack adjacent and at range. It only stops movement. And yes, you can move on the same turn you remove it, but removing it costs a Standard action. You can do your move at any time during your turn, even after doing your Standard action.

It's not useless, it basically cancels one Standard action, which is about par for a card (saving 20-30 damage from one source is usually roughly one Standard action worth, etc). It is a bit on the weak side but that's to be expected from a level 1 card.
Depends very much what the other guy is using -

If they have a big melee hitter out with no dex and you avoid it's reach, it really limits their options for their turn.

Less so now Death Sentance and Forward the Horde are out, but you get the idea.

It could even save you from a killing strike, or at least for a turn.

If they just have a creature deck of archers, drow wizards and orc thugs it's far less useful. 

I've used it well with a drow mage deck vs. Dragon Kinghts, especially coupled with spring attack.
Does web only stop a creatures normal move? Could I still play an order that says shift, slide, move, etc on the webbed creature?
Web states:

"This creature cannot move or shift."

That means the creature cannot do any of those actions, even if the order says so. However you can still play the order, but as its effects cannot be completed it will fade with no effect (unless there are other actions that are possible to complete.)

The card does not specifically mention Slide, but in the rpg all movement is usually cancelled (forced or voluntarilly) except teleport, which leaves behind the method of movement restriction. (Which brings to mind the idea that Portal Stone might operate the same if you are lucky enough to be webbed on a square with treasure since it is basically a teleport, especially since the card states "... to place this creature..." instead of move.)

Until we have an official response re. slide I would say players / organisers would need to agree / set the rule before play begins.