[ICD] Kiraala, Hell's Fury

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
This is the first in a cycle of cards friends asked me to create so that we would have some more choices for 3 cross-color Commanders in our casual fun games (I.E.- Johnnyfests). Group-agreed upon criteria includes larger casting costs, bigger creatures. Relatively simple mechanics and effects that require putting the creature in jeapordy, as opposed to big creature just sitting around buffing the rest of your army. The requirement of attacking to get the bonus was group preference.

Kiraala, Hell's Fury  
Legendary Creature- Vampire Angel
Flying, vigilance, deathtouch.
Whenever Kiraala, Hell's Fury attacks, each opponent loses 3 life. You gain life equal to the life lost this way.
Blood is the nectar of life. 
5/5

I'm worried about the mana cost, and that I don't see a lot of red in it's abilities. Thought about swapping vigilance for haste maybe.  Hiding now... 

i agree with swapping vigilance and haste --- makes it more red, and helps tamp down what would then be a crazy powerful attacker that is also a golden wall every time...
i think haste would be better (because, even though it's a 5/5 haste flying coming at their face, since it was a commander they knew it was coming)
Actually, I would replace the deathtouch with haste instead, and then maybe lower the mana cost by .
That would allow the red to be more apparent without diminshing the white. The triggered ability holds the black sufficiently by itself.
How often is deathtouch relevant on a 5/5?
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Not very often in small, speedy game, but these are big brute free for alls that can easliy 20+ turns a game, and that means lots of BIG creatures. Plus, it's part of the flavor thing. She is Hell's Fury after all.

Actually, been going through the card database some more, and I think there's enough precedents set to just add haste, and maybe knock it down to 2 life lost. Cards like Akroma, Angel of WrathAkroma, Angel of FuryLightning Angel, and Razia, Boros Archangel say to me that it would still be fairly costed. This is for fun after all.
Kiraala?

Kraalia...

Kaalia?
Name will probably change. Kiraala is the name of one of my characters that has been through several RP games, both paper and video. Kaalia's artwork may be better for my card. (OK, there MAY have been a little inspiration there, but the name has most definately been around longer. Kiraala's first RP game was D&D in the mid 80's).
I don't like the double in the mana cost. wedge is centered on , so if anything it should have the extra color weight.  It'd be fine with equal weight to each, too.
I don't like the double in the mana cost. wedge is centered on , so if anything it should have the extra color weight.  It'd be fine with equal weight to each, too.

True, but Wizards doesn't always follow aesthetics. Then sometimes they do, like that new hard counter for ? Of course, that breaks the "All hard counters must cost at least " aesthetic.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Yeah, I chose the 2 black to show that she is unmistakably a vampire more than an angel. Evil resides here. All 5 wedge cards will probably be the same structure as well. We'll see.
Sign In to post comments