Would that work?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi guys i am fairly new to Magic and I enjoy coming up with interesting combos to destroy other peoples decks.

Now in my current black/blue deck I want to utilize the Echo mage .

Most people know already what he can do but lets assume you can actually reach level 3 or 4 and then make 2 copies of Time Warp. Does that mean I could technically get unlimited turns and become the master of time, assuming that nobody counters the spells?

We are playing EDH exclusively with the additional rules that cards with no reprint after 98 cannot be used much to my dismay. I would love to use Paradigm Shiftcombined with Hive Mind in a deck utilized by Jace, The Mind Sculptor.

Pretty sure that since Echo Mage has in his ability cost, you would get 3 extra turns, if you had a way to untap him while still resolving the stack, you could get 5 turns. Not infinite, but usually close enough.
Autocarding
Please Please Please Autocard/// / / / [c]Protean Hydra[/c] => Protean Hydra / / / I can't read the cards you reference without it... / Well, ok, I CAN read the cards, but it involves opening Gatherer, looking your card up by name, hoping it's spelled right, and... I'm just too lazy to do it, alright? Please Autocard.
how about Niblis of the Breath?

or copy the  Echo Mage   via shapeshifters etc and send a Venerated Teacher into Conjurer's Closet
Well, yeah, but since none of those cards were mentioned, I still felt the need to say it's not infinite, yet.
Autocarding
Please Please Please Autocard/// / / / [c]Protean Hydra[/c] => Protean Hydra / / / I can't read the cards you reference without it... / Well, ok, I CAN read the cards, but it involves opening Gatherer, looking your card up by name, hoping it's spelled right, and... I'm just too lazy to do it, alright? Please Autocard.
thanks for your response. is there an easier way to cast infinite turns with cards after 98'?

STEP 1: Find your cousin STEP 2: Get your cousin in the cannon STEP: 3 Find another cousin
thanks perodequeso.

oh man, this just wrong. however i think most people will simply blast panoptic mirror. seems like a great end gamer though.

has this been ever used in play?
thanks perodequeso.

oh man, this just wrong. however i think most people will simply blast panoptic mirror. seems like a great end gamer though.

has this been ever used in play?

Yes, having that combo sitting on the table is a sure way to get that Mirror blasted. If you can time it with most ppls' mana being tapped, and get it out without them having a chance to untap, then it can go off. But as much as I try to play it and see it being played, somebody usually comes up with something to stop it. I've seen it go off a couple of times, but it's certainly not guaranteed.
Sign In to post comments