2 enchantments and creatures

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lucky Frog Symbol_U_mana.gifSymbol_G_mana.gif

Legendary Creature-Frog
Spells can't be countered.
Whenever ~ goes to its owner's hand, put a copy of ~ into play.

Rrrbit!
2/1

Dawnbreaker Symbol_7_mana.gifSymbol_W_mana.gifSymbol_W_mana.gif

Creature-Elemental Giant
At the beginning of your turn, exchange any number of player's life totals.
Whenever you gain life, you may reveal a card in your hand with mana cost equal to or less than the life gained and put it onto the battlefield.    

9/9

Regret Symbol_3_mana.gifSymbol_W_mana.gifSymbol_B_mana.gif 

Enchantment-Aura
Enchant Permanent
Enchanted permanent loses all abilities.
At the end of that player's turn, enchanted permanent's controller sacrifices it and attaches it to another permanent he or she controls. 

Demonstration Symbol_1_mana.gifSymbol_U_mana.gifSymbol_U_mana.gif

Enchantment
Only one activated and/triggered ability may be activated or triggered by each player a turn.

Observe!   
Symbol_1_mana.gifSymbol_2_mana.gifSymbol_3_mana.gifSymbol_4_mana.gifSymbol_5_mana.gifSymbol_6_mana.gifSymbol_7_mana.gifSymbol_X_mana.gifSymbol_W_mana.gifSymbol_U_mana.gifSymbol_B_mana.gifSymbol_R_mana.gifSymbol_G_mana.gifWUUBBRRGGWWBBGGUURRW2W2U2B2R2GTapUntap

Enchantment
Only one activated and/triggered ability may be activated or triggered by each player a turn.

Observe!   
Symbol_1_mana.gifSymbol_2_mana.gifSymbol_3_mana.gifSymbol_4_mana.gifSymbol_5_mana.gifSymbol_6_mana.gifSymbol_7_mana.gifSymbol_X_mana.gifSymbol_W_mana.gifSymbol_U_mana.gifSymbol_B_mana.gifSymbol_R_mana.gifSymbol_G_mana.gifWUUBBRRGGWWBBGGUURRW2W2U2B2R2GTapUntap

is it intentional that this turns off land?
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
This definitely doesn't mean what you think it means.
I was referring to the painting The Treachery of Images.
I know.
I really like the second ability on Dawnbreaker, though it needs some rewording.
Nothing really matters.
Anyone can see.

Creature-Elemental Giant
Whenever you gain life, you may reveal a card in your hand with mana cost equal to or less than the life gained and put it onto the battlefield.    

9/9

I really like this card, though I think it might be better if you removed its first ability. It seems to me to be just a tad overpowered?

Enchantment

Observe!   

is it intentional that this turns off land?

No, it should be nonland abilities
I really like the second ability on Dawnbreaker, though it needs some rewording.

all of them need rewording : P

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]

all of them need rewording : P

Hatin
Legendary Creature-Frog
Spells can't be countered by spells or abilities.
Whenever ~ is put into a player's hand from the battlefield, that player puts a token that's a copy of it onto the battlefield.
Rrrbit!
2/1

Creature-Elemental Giant
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may redistribute any number of players' life totals. (Each of those players gets one life total back.)
Whenever you gain life, you may put a permanent card from your hand onto the battlefield if its converted mana cost is less than or equal to the life gained.

9/9

Enchantment-Aura
Enchant permanent
Enchanted permanent loses all abilities. If it's a creature, it's 1/1.
At the end of that player's turn, enchanted permanent's controller sacrifices it and attaches it to another permanent he or she controls.

Fixed that templating for you.

Why do people always forget to set power and toughness when they make a creature lose all abilities?

Demonstration really should only work on activated abilities.  I'm reasonably certain messing with triggered abilities like that will lead to trouble, especially when multiple abilities trigger simultaneously.
Why do people always forget to set power and toughness when they make a creature lose all abilities?

Because you don't have to set a new p/t for creatures with characteristic-defining abilities.

From the Comp Rules
613.1a Layer 1: Copy effects are applied. See rule 706, "Copying Objects."
613.1b Layer 2: Control-changing effects are applied.
613.1c Layer 3: Text-changing effects are applied. See rule 612, "Text-Changing Effects."
613.1d Layer 4: Type-changing effects are applied. These include effects that change an object's card type, subtype, and/or supertype.
613.1e Layer 5: Color-changing effects are applied.
613.1f Layer 6: Ability-adding and ability-removing effects are applied.
613.1g Layer 7: Power- and/or toughness-changing effects are applied.
613.2. Within layers 1-6, apply effects from characteristic-defining abilities first (see rule 604.3), then all other effects in timestamp order (see rule 613.6). Note that dependency may alter the order in which effects are applied within a layer. (See rule 613.7.)
613.3. Within layer 7, apply effects in a series of sublayers in the order described below. Within each sublayer, apply effects in timestamp order. (See rule 613.6.) Note that dependency may alter the order in which effects are applied within a sublayer. (See rule 613.7.)
613.3a Layer 7a: Effects from characteristic-defining abilities that define power and/or toughness are applied. See rule 604.3.
613.3b Layer 7b: Effects that set power and/or toughness to a specific number or value are applied.
613.3c Layer 7c: Effects that modify power and/or toughness (but don't set power and/or toughness to a specific number or value) are applied.
613.3d Layer 7d: Power and/or toughness changes from counters are applied. See rule 121, "Counters."
613.3e Layer 7e: Effects that switch a creature's power and toughness are applied. Such effects take the value of power and apply it to the creature's toughness, and take the value of toughness and apply it to the creature's power.

I've bolded the important parts. Despite the p/t defining ability of something like Master of Etherium being removed in Layer 6, it still sets p/t in Layer 7(a). Humility, Turn to Frog, Sudden Spoiling...they don't have to have p/t setting effects attached to them, but then they wouldn't be very flavorful either. Also worth noting: their p/t setting abilities apply in Layer 7b, which is why you don't see Master of Etherium staying as large as your assortment of artifacts when affected by the mentioned spells..

Rules Advisor from 8-26-09 to 1-31-14 (haven't been able to attend any FNMs or prereleases for 18 months now, no sense maintaining RA status)
Joined the crowd and got an Avatar from zammm's Avatar Workshop on 5-6-2012

That "Dual Colors" personality test thing
IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20806.jpg)

I am Black/Green

Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!

Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

Oh, but wait, there were multiple answers that fit my thoughts to some questions. What colors did they say I was?

IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20801.jpg)

I am Blue/Green

I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

I thought the point of layers was that the ones higher had effects on subsequent ones. Isn't it a problem because it is applied afterwards?

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

I thought the point of layers was that the ones higher had effects on subsequent ones. Isn't it a problem because it is applied afterwards?

I'm confused by your statement. 7 is higher than 6. Likewise, 7d is higher than 7c is higher than 7b is higher than 7a.

Rules Advisor from 8-26-09 to 1-31-14 (haven't been able to attend any FNMs or prereleases for 18 months now, no sense maintaining RA status)

I am Black/Green

I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

Oh, but wait, there were multiple answers that fit my thoughts to some questions. What colors did they say I was?

I am Blue/Green

I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

I'm confused by your statement. 7 is higher than 6. Likewise, 7d is higher than 7c is higher than 7b is higher than 7a.

Exactly.
Remove abilities is applied in layer 6. By the time it comes to layer 7, it will no longer have a P/T setting ability, so it's not applied.

Edit: Well, higher as in higher up on the list, lower number.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

I really don't know how to explain it. All I know for sure is that if the characteristic-defining ability for p/t was applied in Layer 6 instead and the ability-adding/removing was applied in 7(a), then we'd have a problem in the form of a creature without a p/t (which is quickly fixed by SBAs sending the creature to the graveyard).

I am Black/Green

I am Blue/Green

Legendary Creature-Frog
Spells can't be countered by spells or abilities.
Whenever ~ is put into a player's hand from the battlefield, that player puts a token that's a copy of it onto the battlefield.
Rrrbit!
2/1

Creature-Elemental Giant
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may redistribute any number of players' life totals. (Each of those players gets one life total back.)
Whenever you gain life, you may put a permanent card from your hand onto the battlefield if its converted mana cost is less than or equal to the life gained.

9/9

Enchantment-Aura
Enchant permanent
Enchanted permanent loses all abilities. If it's a creature, it's 1/1.

Fixed that templating for you.

Demonstration really should only work on activated abilities.  I'm reasonably certain messing with triggered abilities like that will lead to trouble, especially when multiple abilities trigger simultaneously.

I didn't know u had to set power and toughness, but, if it's a 0/0, oh well, thnx
Setting it to 0/0 simply kills the creature, causing the aura to go to the graveyard. Which would make its last ability void.
I really don't know how to explain it. All I know for sure is that if the characteristic-defining ability for p/t was applied in Layer 6 instead and the ability-adding/removing was applied in 7(a), then we'd have a problem in the form of a creature without a p/t (which is quickly fixed by SBAs sending the creature to the graveyard).

You seem to have it backwards.  As it currently is, the reason why Humility effects set P/T is because if they didn't, then cards like Maro would have undefined P/T.  If they did it the way you just described, that wouldn't happen, as the P/T would be set in layer 6, then the ability would go away in layer 7.
Yes. I admit, I got confused on how the layer system works. I blame interactions like Humility + Opalescence and Bloodlord of Vaasgoth + Essence of the Wild + casting a Vampire creature.

I am Black/Green

I am Blue/Green

Creature-Elemental Giant

9/9

I really like this card, though I think it might be better if you removed its first ability. It seems to me to be just a tad overpowered?

I'm going to agree with Reader. Not so much because of power level though. I mean if this guy costs 9 mana and you want to play him in a lifegain deck then why wouldn't you already have some way of gaining life at the ready when he hits the board?
I'd drop the 1st ability and lower the stats so you could bring down the cost to something more reachable. Actually the abiliy might make a bettter enchantment than creature.