Jund Zombies Help Please!

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
So here is my deck list so far (below), however I have several questions about what I should be doing instead.
I really like the idea of Diregalf ghoul, but right now im already at 16 one drops, which is imo too much.  So I was wondering what your thoughts on that were first?  What ones drops should I use?  

In the two drop slots, I already have the lotleth troll, which seems like a solid go.  But then I also have mizziam mortars, dreadbore and abrupt decay, which could probably be a little more then needed.  

For the three drops i current have none!  I like Dredge mangler, so I was thinking that, but I have no idea what to take out for it!

For my four drops I have Huntmaster.  Now I see everyone else running Falkenrath Aristocrat, but I dont understand completely why over huntmaster, if someone could let me know a valid arguement, I would really appreciate it.  

I also really like blood artist, but I have no idea what I would take out for it.  Let me know any opinions on what to do!  

4 Gravecrawler

4 Slitherhead
4 Lotleth Troll
4 Geralf's Messenger
4 Deathrite Shaman
4 Huntmaster of the Fells

4 Mizzium Mortars
3 Abrupt Decay
3 Dreadbore
4 Rancor

4 Overgrown Tomb
4 Woodland Cemetery
4 Blood Crypt
4 Dragonskull Summit
3 Cavern of Souls
3 Swamp

PS.  How do I do link to cards?  
Anyone?  
In zombies, deathrite shaman is generally not particularly usefull.  You should be killing them before they have enough instants/sorceries in their graveyard to do anything of importance anyway, and your 1-drops need to be doing 2 dmg on turn 2.  I would use diregraf ghoul over it any day.  I would also recomend bonfire of the damned, over huntmaster of the fells, because it is a much more aggressive card and kills them faster.
1. Its considered... Impolite to self bump before 24 hours is up. You may not have known, so no harm, no foul.

2. There are already several zombie/Jund builds up. Try getting involved with the conversation there and post. You will get far better results/answers.

3. To link cards so they show in blue text (known as autocarding) you do this [c*]cardname[/c*] but take away the * - delver of secrets becomes delver of secrets. You must have proper spelling and punctuation for it to link correctly.

4. Slitherhead is garbage. Troll is not good unless you build solely around him. Even then it's mediocre at best. Huntmaster is unimpressive in a zombie deck. He won't ever flip. Too many mizzum and shaman. Perhaps 2 each. Cavern is unnecessary in this format-countermagic is almost non existent. Needs diregraf ghoul and dreg mangler. Aristocrat is better than huntmaster. With that much land, thragtusk could be an option.
In zombies, deathrite shaman is generally not particularly usefull.  You should be killing them before they have enough instants/sorceries in their graveyard to do anything of importance anyway, and your 1-drops need to be doing 2 dmg on turn 2.  I would use diregraf ghoul over it any day.

I certainly would not be running 4 shamed main deck, but I don't think he should be dismissed entirely In jund or B/G. Testing has shown he's an excellent sideboard option for the mirror.  Maybe as a 2-of depending on how many zombies you expect to face.

Definitely go for 4 diregraf ghouls main deck though and if you still need more 1-drops, I've had good results with rakdos cackler

Slitherhead despite being a zombie and good value on it's own is fairly weak here.  Same with lol troll.  Awesome card, but doesn't really fit the aggro plan.     You want to make room for blood artist, this is what I would take out.

to be honest, I really see no reason to weaken your mana pool for green.  There are a lot of really cool tools in green, but they feel like dedicated midrange tools.  If that's the direction you are trying to go that's fine, just be aware of that fact and play accordingly.  And if that is indeed your plan, then thragtusk and some acceleration are a good idea.
Next thing you will tell me Browbeat is bad.
Cavern is still necessary in Jund Zombies as an extra dual with upside.

Lotleth needs no building around, he's already the best two-drop Zombie available.

Thragtusk is probably not an option purely because its too slow, but otherwise jnp has the right ideas.