Final deck building help. Woo!

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
For my 'final' deck for now, I'm trying to put together a Green/Red Combo deck with an Alt Win or 2.

Same as the blue/black, a deck list will follow soon, once I go through more of the cards to narrow it down.  Until then, any suggestions as to definite cards?  Something like a green Tendrils of Corruption? Also, are these standard, and if not, any replacement cards come to mind?

Found out how to check these, and none are standard...
Anyone know any standard red and/or green combo cards?  At all?
Or, even, any color combo cards that are standard?

3 Fiend Hunters can make a nearly infinite loop of creatures entering the battlefield. Not true infinite because you can easily stop it when you want to. Not sure what to use it for but there ya go?

"Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this."

So... I'm thinking Fireball would be a good card for this. Any way in red/green for me to double tap the mana?
red green combo, If you are lookingfor a massive burn and need the mana, try using
axebane guardian with a number of other defenders. then cast a volcanic geyser
so if you have 3 axebane guardian's out then you tap each of them for 3 mana one of which being red and bam, 7 damage plus what ever other lands you tap.
There is no combo deck in standard as it stands.
Zombies
Junk goodstuff
Esper tokens
Pick your colors midrange
Frites/reanimator

That's really what it boils down too mate

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/12.jpg)

I agree with jnp5021~

There is almost zero combo in standard at the moment, save some small Cloudshift combos and other small stuff to gain field advantage, but nothing like an "infinite fireball" or "super burn," if thats what you are trying for~

however, if you wanted to make big flames with your Fireballs like gwankovera said, I would look into mana dorks and other acceleration spells like Battle Hymn with tokens and such (Midnight Haunting,Thraben Doomsayer, etc)

That being said, I would HIGHLY recommend Naya Tokens/Midrange, if you wanted to get mana boosts for your fireball and burn stuffs, and you would have and be able to ramp into many strong creatures like Huntmaster of the Fells, Armada Wurm, Gisela, Blade of Goldnight (who would work VERY VERY VERY well with Fireball) and many other great creatures and spells (keep an eye open for the new Borborygmos in Gatecrash along with the other Gruul creatures)

Not to mention the planeswalkers you can run! (Both Garruk and esp. the new Gideon if he does turn out to be R/W)

So, yeah! In my opinion, if you want a lot of ways to win, and a solid, strong semi-combo type deck, i would look into Naya tokens/midrange I myself am running Jund Midrange, and it is coming out GREAT :D (can't wait for Gruul! XD)

Hope this helps! :D 
Thanks for the help, but no, not quite what I was looking for.  Specifically G/R, though if the only standard combos are field advantage, I suppose I'm interested in that.
red green combo, If you are lookingfor a massive burn and need the mana, try using
axebane guardian with a number of other defenders. then cast a volcanic geyser
so if you have 3 axebane guardian's out then you tap each of them for 3 mana one of which being red and bam, 7 damage plus what ever other lands you tap.

The help is deeply appreciated!!  This is exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for!
I agree with jnp5021~

There is almost zero combo in standard at the moment, save some small Cloudshift combos and other small stuff to gain field advantage, but nothing like an "infinite fireball" or "super burn," if thats what you are trying for~

however, if you wanted to make big flames with your Fireballs like gwankovera said, I would look into mana dorks and other acceleration spells like Battle Hymn with tokens and such (Midnight Haunting,Thraben Doomsayer, etc)

That being said, I would HIGHLY recommend Naya Tokens/Midrange, if you wanted to get mana boosts for your fireball and burn stuffs, and you would have and be able to ramp into many strong creatures like Huntmaster of the Fells, Armada Wurm, Gisela, Blade of Goldnight (who would work VERY VERY VERY well with Fireball) and many other great creatures and spells (keep an eye open for the new Borborygmos in Gatecrash along with the other Gruul creatures)

Not to mention the planeswalkers you can run! (Both Garruk and esp. the new Gideon if he does turn out to be R/W)

So, yeah! In my opinion, if you want a lot of ways to win, and a solid, strong semi-combo type deck, i would look into Naya tokens/midrange I myself am running Jund Midrange, and it is coming out GREAT :D (can't wait for Gruul! XD)

Hope this helps! :D 

Again I say, thanks a ton!  I'm definitely going to add Battle Hymn, and look into G/R token cards.  
Can you autocard the Naya/Gruul/Midrange, though?  I can't seem to find them in the Gatherer.  Also, are any of them standard? 
Huntsmaster of the Fells, too, and Volcanic Geyser.

Huntmaster of the Fells and Volcanic Geyser

also, when looking on the Gather, you can try to just narrow down your search using the key at the top :>

Just select Green, White, Red and the "exclude others" button, then select your set :D

The sets still in standard are:

Innistrad 
Dark Ascension
Avacyn Restored
M13
Return to Ravnica

Gatecrash will be out sometime after winter (Feb i think~)
And "Sinker" and M14 will probably out later this year in the Spring and summer (respectively)

and im very glad i could help! :D hope deck building is coming along well!
also, if you are willing to drop a little cash, Bonfire of the Damned is, imo, THE BEST red card in standard, hands down ;) and it would go very well with your mana boosting!

Huntmaster of the Fells and Volcanic Geyser

also, when looking on the Gather, you can try to just narrow down your search using the key at the top :>

Just select Green, White, Red and the "exclude others" button, then select your set :D

The sets still in standard are:

Innistrad 
Dark Ascension
Avacyn Restored
M13
Return to Ravnica

Gatecrash will be out sometime after winter (Feb i think~)
And "Sinker" and M14 will probably out later this year in the Spring and summer (respectively)

and im very glad i could help! :D hope deck building is coming along well!
also, if you are willing to drop a little cash, Bonfire of the Damned is, imo, THE BEST red card in standard, hands down ;) and it would go very well with your mana boosting!

Thanks yet again for the tips!  I've been messing around with Gatherer, and trying figure more out.

My follow-up question, then, would be when those sets go out of being standard...?

I'm considering it, but that's some serious cash for one single card, ya know. 
right! XD I believe the Innistrad block and M13 should drop from standard around this time next year (usually there is an annual rotation around the same time each year)

Sign In to post comments