[Quick Contest] Setting Sail

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Another Quick Contest, probably only 24 hours, this time on the theme of travel. You've seen these before so I'll skip the preamble:

Make any number of cards to represent a journey. Your submission must include at least 4 colours.

Bon Voyage!
Ego
144902215 wrote:
Morgothra has the Syntax and Grammar of a God.
56754738 wrote:
I love this card.
56771968 wrote:
I can't compete with this.
57461258 wrote:
@Morgothra: Beautifully said, sir. Beautifully said.
Contest Winners
CKY, magicpablo666 and Dinobeer combined ingenuity and silliness to win a Summer fUn contest each! vlord beat the rest to become the architect of a better tomorrow in Build it and they will come! CityofAs pranced masterfully to victory in Skipping Merrily! ConfusedAsUsual conquered both tropes and opponents to ascend in Metafiction! FirstTurnKill condensed Success into Art form in Summing it Up!
Bon Voyage

Sorcery

Exile all creatures. Each player searches his or her library for X lands, where X is the number of creatures exiled this way and puts them onto the battlefield tapped, then each player shuffles his or her library. 

Flashback

When you flashback ~, Put all of the creature you have in exile onto the battlefield tapped. 
Set Sail
Instant
Exile all attacking creatures. Return them to the battlefield tapped under their owner's control at the beginning of your next upkeep.

Victorious Return
Instant
Return target creature with converted mana cost no greater than the amount of combat damage dealt to an opponent from your graveyard to the battlefield.

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Hmmm. I'm not going to do this right now, but if you don't get too many entries and you extend it, then I'll probably submit something tomorrow. If not, that's fine, too.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Setting Sail
Sorcery

Target creature gains islandwalk until end of turn.  Until end of turn, whenever that creature deals damage to a player, that player discards a card and you draw a card.

[edit]

Coming Home 
Sorcery

Put target exiled permanent card onto the battlefield under your control.

First one is in honor of everyone's least favorite US federal holiday.  
This is probably not as good as it could be, but I'm too obsessed with the Bastion soundtrack to name it anything else, and this is the best I could come up with for that name.  Multiple cards are for... er... people that want to win the contest, or something.

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

Dudibus's Incredible Journey -
Legendary Artifact
If was used to play this put a 2/2 white Human Soldier Token onto the battlefield.
If was used to play this, search your library for a land card and put it onto the battlefield.
If was used to play this, target creature gets -2/-2 until end of turn.
If was used to play this, destroy target land.
If was used to play this, draw 2 cards.
, : return Dudibus's Incredible Journey to it's owners hand.
"No matter how many times he read it, it always read a little different."

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
These cards are Ball Tightening.
I_forget_who_dammit wrote:
Perfect originality is overrated and often ugly. The best and most beautiful cards I've ever seen were clearly inspired by something else. Cards are not entirely unlike living organisms in this regard. All the good ones are a result of long evolution; the 'original' ones are either monocellular or mutant aberrations.
ColonialDragons wrote:
The weird part is reaching over the table, grabbing a card from their hand, and just staring slowly back at them, awkwardly, as you slide their voice of resurgence slowly into your pants.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Graveborn are strictly better than Zombies. I mean, look at that wicked beard. You try growing that when your dead. And I know aging fellows who are suffering from Male Pattern Baldness, who would kill for a Mop like Ribsy's over there.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Hey Dudibus, I can't take you seriously until you take your shirt off!
cats_and_me wrote:
I'm just stating what I think is their opinion! :/
Watchtower of the North
Artifact
Add to your mana pool.
, : You gain 2 life.

Watchtower of the Between
Artifact
: Add to your mana pool.
, : Counter target spell.  Return Watchtower of the Between to your hand.

Watchtower of the South
Artifact
Add to your mana pool.
, : Target opponent discards a card.  Activate this ability only as a sorcery.

Watchtower of the West
Artifact
, : Watchtower of the West deals 1 damage to each creature and each player.

Watchtower of the East
Artifact
, : Put a 2/2 green Wolf creature token onto the battlefield.
See the World 
Sorcery
As an additional cost to cast ~, tap up to two creatures you control.
Search your library for 2 basic land cards and exile them. For each creature tapped to cast ~, you may put one of those lands onto the battlefield tapped, then put the rest in your hand. Then shuffle your library.

Journey of Discovery 
Enchantment
Whenever a permanent ETB under your control, if you control no other permanents that share a name with it, draw a card.

Roadside Brigands :brm::brm:
Creature - Rogue
First Strike
Haste
Whenever a creature an opponent controls attacks alone, if ~ is in your hand, you may pay :brm::brm:. If you do, put ~ onto the battlefield under your control.
2/2 

Each of these represents some common events that happen during a hero's journey.

See the World represents the hero's initial setting out, often with friends, to see the world outside of their hometown.

Journey of Discovery represents how seeing new and interesting things expands the Hero's understanding of the world (and yes, JoD cantrips on purpose).

Roadside Brigands are the ruffians the hero encounters when they inevitably have to travel some distance alone.
Boom! Cycle of one-mana instants with Limerick Flavor text when read in the right order!

Leaving Home

Instant (U)
Target creature gains haste and attacks this turn if available.
One day he simply left the town.
Straying off the Path
Instant (U)
Remove target creature from combat. Put a +1/+1 counter on that creature.
He got lost in the green and blue and brown.

Making Progress
Instant (U)
If target creature would deal damage to a player this turn, draw a card.
He ventured far and wide abroad.

Homesickness
Instant (U)
Target creature gets -1/-1 and cannot attack this turn.
He never found the place he sought.

Peace at last
Instant (U)
Exile target attacking creature. Its controller may search his or her library for a creature with the same name as that card, reveal it and put it into his or her hand, then shuffle his or her library.
Restless until he at last lay down.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
Just for fun.

Hyperactive Imaginative Boy -
Legendary Creature - Human
~ attacks each turn if able.
, : Each player reveals a card from his or her library at random. Then, he or she casts that card without paying its mana cost if able and as though as it has flash.
, : Destroy target non-land permanent other than ~ at random. (All choices to be chosen at random must be legal.)
0/2

Faithful Companion -
Legendary Creature - Cat
Soulbond
As long as ~ is paired with another creature, it is indestructible, has hexproof and "When the creature paired with ~ leaves the battlefield, return ~ to your hand."
0/2 

Exploration -
Sorcery
Search your library for a basic land card that does not share a name with any land you control.
If you control 3 or more different basic lands, you may search your library for a non-basic land instead.

Bad Weather -
Instant
Split Second
Tap all creatures with converted mana cost 2 or less. Their abilities can't be activated this turn.  

Foul Mood -
Sorcery
As an additional cost to cast ~, pay 2 life.
Choose a creature. Then, that creature's controller sacrifices a creature other than the chosen creature. (If that player only controls the chosen creature, he or she does not sacrifice any creatures.)

There is Always Tomorrow -
Sorcery
Cast this spell only during your first main phrase.
Draw a card and you gain 5 life. Then, end your turn.
Show
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
Closed - Grades when I put them up.
Ego
144902215 wrote:
56754738 wrote:
I love this card.
56771968 wrote:
57461258 wrote:
Contest Winners
CKY, magicpablo666 and Dinobeer combined ingenuity and silliness to win a Summer fUn contest each! vlord beat the rest to become the architect of a better tomorrow in Build it and they will come! CityofAs pranced masterfully to victory in Skipping Merrily! ConfusedAsUsual conquered both tropes and opponents to ascend in Metafiction! FirstTurnKill condensed Success into Art form in Summing it Up!
Quest for Purity

Enchantment

You cannot gain life. At the beginning of your upkeep, put a quest counter on ~. If ~ has two or more quest counters on it, transform it.

Five brothers approaching manhood went on a journey. The eldest wanted desired valor, honor in all his dealings.

///

Purified Warrior

Enchantment

At the beginning of your upkeep, gaini 3 life.

He returned, as valiant a warrior as any had seen.

Quest for Knowledge

Enchantment

You cannot cast spells while another spell is on the stack. At the beginning of your upkeep, put a quest counter on ~. If ~ has two or more quest counters on it, transform it.

The second brother desired knowledge, nothing less than the mind of a god.

///

Insightful Warrior

Enchantment

At the beginning of your upkeep, draw a card.

He returned, knowing everything that is, was, will be, or could have been.

Quest for Power

Enchantment

When a card you control is put into a graveyard from anywhere, exile it instead. At the beginning of your upkeep, put a quest counter on ~. If ~ has two or more quest counters on it, transform it.

The third brother desired power, such power that even the dead obeyed him.

///

Glorious Warrior

Enchantment

At the beginning of your upkeep, if your graveyard has any cards in it, return a card from your graveyard to your hand, then discard a card.

He returned, with an army that no soldier ever left.

Quest for Vengaence

Enchantment

Prevent all damage to opponents and creatures opponents control by noncreature sources you control. At the beginning of your upkeep, put a quest counter on ~. If ~ has two or more quest counters on it, transform it.

The fourth brother, once mistreated by a friend, wanted nothing more than revenge.

///

Vengeful Warrior

Enchantment

When a source you control does damage to an opponent, ~ does two damage to that opponent.

He returned, and his old friend was a cinder.

Quest for Strength

Enchantment

Nonland mana abilities you control cannot be played. At the beginning of your upkeep, put a quest counter on ~. If ~ has two or more quest counters on it, transform it.

The youngest brother wished only to endure.

///

Enduring Warrior

Enchantment

Creatures you control get +2/+2.

He returned with the strength of the pines. And the five brothers never met an enemy they couldn't vanquish.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt

is that still happening?
grades?

Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
Now you have more cards to grade.

Prepare
Instant
Choose one - Counter target spell that targets a creature you control; Or, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.

Extended Leave
Instant
Exile target creature. Return it to the battlefield at the beggining of your next upkeep.

Adventure
Creature - Incarnation
Whenever a permanent enters the battlfield, that permanent's controller may have target creature gain +2/+0 haste until end of turn. If they do, that creature attacks or blocks this turn if able.
2/2

Journey's End
Enchantment
Whenever a creature dies, exile it.
Everything has protection from cards that share a name with cards exiled by ~.
Sorry guys, I utterly forgot about this contest, I'll try and put grades up sometime this week.
Ego
144902215 wrote:
56754738 wrote:
I love this card.
56771968 wrote:
57461258 wrote:
Contest Winners
Sorry guys, I utterly forgot about this contest, I'll try and put grades up sometime this week.

You have one day left.