Cards Obtained from Return To Ravnica Booster Box

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Just thought I should share this with you guys. So I've bought my very first MTG booster box (Sealed) ... spent 100-Eur on this (~ $130). Was hesitating a little due to the price but I went along with the purchase. Well, here are the notable results from the box:

The Rs:

• Nivmagus Elemental

• Rest In Peace

• Detention Sphere

• Lotleth Troll

• Hallowed Fountain

• Blood Crypt

• Overgrown Tomb

• Steam Vents

• Abrupt Decay

and now for the MRs:

• Utvara Hellkite

• Rakdos, Lord of Riots

• Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord

and the biggest bonus of the box:

• Jace, Architect of Thought

I guess I covered the cost of the box... Laughing I'm not the biggest MTG expert so I'd appreciate your thoughts!

*edit* forgot to mention I got a foil Supreme Verdict Rare promo 'Buy-a-Box' card.
Not too too bad if you can resell those cards to make the money back, don't forget there are also a few decent uncommons in the set too which i'd hold onto. I think Guttersnipe might hit around the $5 mark but that is pure speculation, but I don't see why he wouldn't since i'm sure quite a few top decks will run him especially in modern, also casual/multiplayer people will run him in most any deck with red and as far as competitive play goes I think burn will make a much bigger comeback running quad snipes.

Also SCG had 20 regs in stock the other day now 0 if that tells you anything :P 
Four boxes and not one Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius, WTF!  Foil Jace makes up for it.
STEP 1: Find your cousin STEP 2: Get your cousin in the cannon STEP: 3 Find another cousin
Not too too bad if you can resell those cards to make the money back, don't forget there are also a few decent uncommons in the set too which i'd hold onto. I think Guttersnipe might hit around the $5 mark but that is pure speculation, but I don't see why he wouldn't since i'm sure quite a few top decks will run him especially in modern, also casual/multiplayer people will run him in most any deck with red and as far as competitive play goes I think burn will make a much bigger comeback running quad snipes.

When is it best to be selling the new cards (by new I mean the recent releases and not old timers such as Scourge, Onslaught or Judgement...). Should I sell now while it's 'hot' or later when a new block is out and the cards are not played that much?

When is it best to be selling the new cards (by new I mean the recent releases and not old timers such as Scourge, Onslaught or Judgement...). Should I sell now while it's 'hot' or later when a new block is out and the cards are not played that much?

It really depends on the cards. Flashy, overestimated cards like Rakdos, Vraska, 'meh' mythics (Worldspine) should have been sold ASAP, although they have already lost a ton of value. Shocklands will probably stay stable, if not rise as fewer people sell theirs and more people buy now that they are in-set again. This early into a block, it might be a good idea to hold onto RtR cards. 
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
Four boxes and not one Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius, WTF!  Foil Jace makes up for it.

Bout the same here - 2 fat packs & 2 boxes, no Niv so I traded for one. Got one Jace & one Vraska plus the rest was more than money's worth (even with the price increase).
Sign In to post comments