Misthollow Drake

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Random idea occured to me.  Might be to confusing or even to good but let me know.

Misthollow Drake
1U
Creature - Drake
Flash, Flying
Sac:Counter target spell unless it's controller pays 1
You may cast from exile
If it would be put into a graveyard from anywhere exile it instead.
1/1

I know some wording is wrong but you get the general idea. 
It's like a constant, repeatable Force Spike for 1 mana more. Which can attack for 1 once in a while. Seems busted.
Nothing really matters.
Anyone can see.
Way too good, imo. It's a repeatable "counter unless they pay " for 1u. That's pretty much good enough on its own.

When you tie in the 1/1 flying flash body, that's also repeatable. (Which would also be overpowered on its own) it adds up to ridiculously broken.
I think it works better as:

Misthollow Drake 
Creature - Drake
Flying
Exile Misthollow Drake:Counter target spell unless it's controller pays .
You may cast Misthollow Drake from exile
1/1

That way, if they kill it, it stays dead, but you can exile it for the counter effect.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

I like that version. Cutting off the flash makes it much nicer, and because the sacrifice is targeted if they kill it in combat/with an ability it'll just die.

Also the fact you have to have it on the field in order to use it as a counter cuts down the power level massively, which it needed. 
I like AzureShade's version a lot.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
I think it works better as:

Misthollow Drake 
Creature - Drake
Flying
Exile Misthollow Drake:Counter target spell unless it's controller pays .
You may cast Misthollow Drake from exile
1/1

That way, if they kill it, it stays dead, but you can exile it for the counter effect.

After reading your take on it this is probably the correct way to go about it.
Hehe, Marshmallow Drake...
The World of Eldangard - a three act M:tG block by Fallingman Eldangard Stormfront Ragnarok
Hehe, Marshmallow Drake...

heh.
It still seems like a strictly better Spiketail Hatchling.
It still seems like a strictly better Spiketail Hatchling.

They print strictly better cards a lot.
And you don't think the fact that it recurs itself goes beyond that wiggle room you have? It can't actually be removed by spells because unlike Spiketail Hatchling, if you use its ability to counter the removal aimed at it, you can still replay it. This is just replacing "Sacrifice Spiketail Hatchling" with "Return Misthollow Drake to its owner's hand" except it's immune to discard.