Sublime Archangel plus exalted

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi there I was arguing a few days ago with a jugde level 1, he stated that as he have creatures with exalted after he plays Sublime Archangel, that hes exalted creates will stack and provide +2/+2 whenever a creature attacks alone, I stated that the exalted does not stack each other and this is only for creatures without exalted to become exalted, well at the end is hard to argue with a jugde, so I want to ask and make sure.

So the question is:

I have 3 creates with exalted, meaning when 1 creature attack will get +3/+3 until the end of the turn, on the next turn I play Sublime Archangel, having 4 creatures with exalted that should be +4/+4, however does the exalted given by sublime archangle stacks to the other 3 creatures making them exalted +2? and if the judge is right a creature when attacks wil become +7/+7do to the 3 stacked exalted creatures plus sublime achangel?

thanks

Sublime Archangel

2 ManaWhite ManaWhite Mana
Creature -- Angel
4/3
Flying
Exalted (Whenever a creature you control attacks alone, that creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.) Other creatures you control have exalted.
The judge is correct: every instance of exalted triggers. If you have 7 instances of exalted among your 4 creatures, 7 abilities trigger and the attacking creature gets +7/+7.
Wow. thanks, i know exalted was strong but now I think is a destructive deck all an all.

thanks
If you click on this Gatherer link for Sublime Archangel, you can read the reminder text on the card and a helpful ruling.

The reminder text says:
(If a creature has multiple instances of exalted, each triggers separately.)

The ruling says:
Whenever a creature you control attacks alone, count the number of instances of exalted among permanents you control. After those abilities resolve, that's how many times the creature will get +1/+1.

Sign In to post comments