tree, land alteration

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
edit: Power increased, twice.

Birch Tree

Instant
Target plains gains a tree counter. If this plains has two or more tree counters then it is no longer a plains, it becomes a forest, draw a card, gain 8 life.

Oak Tree

Instant
Target plains gains a tree counter. If this plains has two or more tree counters then it is no longer a plains, it becomes a forest, draw a card, gain .

Ash Tree

Sorcery
Target plains gains a tree counter. If this plains has two or more tree counters then it is no longer a plains, it becomes a forest, draw a card, you gain and 4 life.

Apple Tree

Sorcery
Target plains gains a tree counter. If this plains has two or more tree counters then it is no longer a plains, it becomes a forest, draw two cards, gain 2 life.

Pear Tree

Sorcery
Target plains gains a tree counter. If this plains has two or more tree counters then it is no longer a plains, it becomes a forest, draw two cards, gain 2 life.

Pine Tree

Sorcery
Choose two target lands.
The first land gains a tree counter. If this land has three or more tree counters then both lands lose all land types and become forests, draw three cards, gain 5 life.

Holly Tree

Sorcery
Choose two target lands.
The first land gains a tree counter. If this land has three or more tree counters then both lands lose all land types and become forests, draw three cards, gain 5 life.

Cactus

Instant
Choose two target lands.
The first land gains a tree counter. If this land has three or more tree counters then both lands lose all land types and gain forest and plains, draw three cards, all players lose 4 life.
The idea is cute, but you need 3 cards, to do something worse than one mediocre card already does...

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Wow, isn't that in some respects like destroy target land for 2, why has it only 3 stars?

I've bumped it up in power to compensate. How about Modern or Standard, today it seems quite good?

edit: I see now why it's not.
its ok. I wouldn't play it, but its ok.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

Wow, isn't that in some respects like destroy target land for 2, why has it only 3 stars?

I've bumped it up in power to compensate. How about Modern or Standard, today it seems quite good?

It doesn't destroy it though, it only hinders 3 or more color decks. With today's lands it's not too hard. There was a deck for a bit when spreading seas was around that played 12 different seas effects and that was only because there were a bunch of 3 color decks running around, and even then it wasn't crazy powerful. Evil Presence also.
edit: Ignore this post, I made a mistake in my thinking. To read anyway, expand below.

Show
Player A and B play a match.

A: Plains.
B: Swamp, Evil Presence.
A: Plains, 1 mana creature.
B: Swamp, 2 mana creature.
A: Plains, 2 mana creature.
B: Swamp, 2 mana creature, Evil Presence.
A: Plains, 2 mana creature.
B: Swamp, 4 mana creature.

From A's point of view B has a playset of ": Turn off target land as long as its not a swamp.".

Indeed, in a 3 color deck it would be superb.
The problem is that that isn't how it works. A can still use the Evil Presence'd land to pay , which means that unless his deck is all Devout Lightcaster and White Knights, he's going to shrug off the effect of the Evil Presence. I have no idea why you think it's a Stone Rain.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

The problem is that that isn't how it works. A can still use the Evil Presence'd land to pay , which means that unless his deck is all Devout Lightcaster and White Knights, he's going to shrug off the effect of the Evil Presence. I have no idea why you think it's a Stone Rain.

And if they are using that deck they'll probably win once they hit 3 white anyway :P
Good point, I didn't notice, you'r entirly correct. Taking that into account my trees are a little weak, I've increased their power again.
Sign In to post comments