Russia is sitting on trillions of Carats of Hard Diamonds

41 posts / 0 new
Last post
So Russia has Diamonds in an Impact Crater - Trillions of Carats. That is sufficient funds to put a 10 million population colony on the moon over the next century.

Would you live there?
The Citadel Megadungeon: http://yellowdingosappendix.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/the-citadel-mega-dungeon-now-with-room.html
Yeah, no one wants to live in Russia. Even Russian don't want to live in Russia. Why would anyone want to live in a crator in Russia? That makes no sense.
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
I'd live in that Russian crater, as long as I was allowed to help myself to whatever rocks I wanted for my "collection".
Boraxe wrote: "Knowledge of the rules and creativity are great attributes for a DM, but knowing when to cut loose and when to hold back, when to follow the rules and when to discard them, in order to enhance the enjoyment of the game is the most important DM skill of all." Keeper of the Sacred Kitty Bowl of the House of Trolls. Resident Kitteh-napper.
I'd live in that Russian crater, as long as I was allowed to help myself to whatever rocks I wanted for my "collection".

No, you can only live there after all the diamonds have been mined out, and all the Russians are in space. You are also only take one blanket, one shoe, 2 hats, and an old toothbrush used to clean the latrines used by new recruits in boot camp... Russian boot camp.

Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
In that case I think I'll pass on the offer.
Boraxe wrote: "Knowledge of the rules and creativity are great attributes for a DM, but knowing when to cut loose and when to hold back, when to follow the rules and when to discard them, in order to enhance the enjoyment of the game is the most important DM skill of all." Keeper of the Sacred Kitty Bowl of the House of Trolls. Resident Kitteh-napper.
In that case I think I'll pass on the offer.

It's too late. Your name has been added to the list. Once you're on the list, you no longer have a choice.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
There is always a choice. We might not always like any of the options, but the choice is there. Unless you're dead, but at that point it doesn't really matter.
There is always a choice. We might not always like any of the options, but the choice is there. Unless you're dead, but at that point it doesn't really matter.

No, in this case you have no choice. You have no choice!

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
I dissagree.
I dissagree.

You can't. It's not allowed.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
I officially declare this thread TROLLED.
I would have killed, literally ended someones life, to NOT have Arrogant Bloodlord riding a giant ant... Good times:
Show
but where DID the other fork come from?
Show
Lord_Zed: I was at my friends house when this happened. He's married and his wife was an excellent baker. She had baked a homemade apple pie the night before. I was hungry, and my friend convinced me to try those low carb monster drinks. Before this day, I had never triend energy drinks before. Boy was I in for a treat. When I tried that first monster, I really enjoyed the flavor, but the taste that it left in my mouth wasn't so good. What was my solution? Drink another! before I could finish drinking that 2nd monster, I felt it already kicking in(these drinks were not very far apart, we're talking minutes here) my friend decided that it was a good idea to whip out that fresh pie his wife made the night before. I didn't know what to do, since I felt incredibly invigorated, and at the same time, freaked out by the rush I was feeling, but I was also hungry, and my friend have me an entire plate with a fork and said "help yourself." He extended his saucer to me, and I cut him a piece of the pie and handed it to him, then I looked at the pie, noticed that the pie was in an aluminum holder, and dumped the entire pie onto my plate and started eating it with 2 forks. I don't know where I found that other fork, it probably came from my friend. Anyhow, his wife wasn't happy, and I was already in magical christmas land. 2 days later, I was in my friends bed and I slept for 14 hours. His wife outlawed my from having any of her baked goods for a while(which sucked because I could just show up at there house, steal some sweets, and leave) and said I couldn't have any energy drinks at her house, unless under close watch. My friend, on the other hand, had to take me out to a steak dinner, because apparently I won a bet where I climbed a tree and didn't die.
The great land debate:
Show
97563441 wrote:
Zendikar had fetchlands, and Worldwake had manlands. What are the new Scars duals called?
61325265 wrote:
Explosive Peanut Lightning lands. Well, that's just what I call them.
61325265 wrote:
58232598 wrote:
i'm just trying to figure out what the point of saying this is. it's just really random.
And so the pot met the kettle.

You got some sort of hookups in Industrial Land we're not aware of?  Cuz them shiny rocks ain't the kinda shiny rocks people want to wear.  ;)

Calling people trolls is against our fairly rigid CoC and is an actionable offense.  I suggest you read it, place it deep inside yourself and understand its glory before you post anything else that could get you in trouble.  Lrn2rulznub.
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

You got some sort of hookups in Industrial Land we're not aware of?

There's a lot of things about me you're not aware of.
It involves a horse, doesn't it? 

Section Six Soldier

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

It involves a horse, doesn't it? 

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Aren't diamonds actually plentiful and their price artificially driven high? And people responsible for this to be arrested on sight in the States?
Aren't diamonds actually plentiful

Yes.
and their price artificially driven high?

Yes.
And people responsible for this to be arrested on sight in the States?

No. 

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this

You got some sort of hookups in Industrial Land we're not aware of?  Cuz them shiny rocks ain't the kinda shiny rocks people want to wear.  ;)

Calling people trolls is against our fairly rigid CoC and is an actionable offense.  I suggest you read it, place it deep inside yourself and understand its glory before you post anything else that could get you in trouble.  Lrn2rulznub.

I DID read the rules, years ago, and in no way did I call someone a troll.
I would have killed, literally ended someones life, to NOT have Arrogant Bloodlord riding a giant ant... Good times:
Show
Show
Lord_Zed: I was at my friends house when this happened. He's married and his wife was an excellent baker. She had baked a homemade apple pie the night before. I was hungry, and my friend convinced me to try those low carb monster drinks. Before this day, I had never triend energy drinks before. Boy was I in for a treat. When I tried that first monster, I really enjoyed the flavor, but the taste that it left in my mouth wasn't so good. What was my solution? Drink another! before I could finish drinking that 2nd monster, I felt it already kicking in(these drinks were not very far apart, we're talking minutes here) my friend decided that it was a good idea to whip out that fresh pie his wife made the night before. I didn't know what to do, since I felt incredibly invigorated, and at the same time, freaked out by the rush I was feeling, but I was also hungry, and my friend have me an entire plate with a fork and said "help yourself." He extended his saucer to me, and I cut him a piece of the pie and handed it to him, then I looked at the pie, noticed that the pie was in an aluminum holder, and dumped the entire pie onto my plate and started eating it with 2 forks. I don't know where I found that other fork, it probably came from my friend. Anyhow, his wife wasn't happy, and I was already in magical christmas land. 2 days later, I was in my friends bed and I slept for 14 hours. His wife outlawed my from having any of her baked goods for a while(which sucked because I could just show up at there house, steal some sweets, and leave) and said I couldn't have any energy drinks at her house, unless under close watch. My friend, on the other hand, had to take me out to a steak dinner, because apparently I won a bet where I climbed a tree and didn't die.
The great land debate:
Show
97563441 wrote:
Zendikar had fetchlands, and Worldwake had manlands. What are the new Scars duals called?
61325265 wrote:
61325265 wrote:
58232598 wrote:
i'm just trying to figure out what the point of saying this is. it's just really random.
Yeah, no one wants to live in Russia. Even Russian don't want to live in Russia. Why would anyone want to live in a crator in Russia? That makes no sense.

Live in a crater in Russia? I'd better be paid in the hundred of thousands of dollars a year for that.

On the Moon...would you live on the Moon in a Lunar Colony owned by a Russian Corporation/cartel/crime syndicate? Brothels, Casinos, and giggle & squeak Bars (places that let you breathe in Nitrous Oxide and Helium for money) by the spaceport...
The Citadel Megadungeon: http://yellowdingosappendix.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/the-citadel-mega-dungeon-now-with-room.html
Hey! This is a different thread!
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
On the Moon...would you live on the Moon in a Lunar Colony owned by a Russian Corporation/cartel/crime syndicate? Brothels, Casinos, and giggle & squeak Bars (places that let you breathe in Nitrous Oxide and Helium for money) by the spaceport...

Russia sucks enough. Why would you want to live with a bunch of Russians on the moon? Doesn't that just defeat the purpose of leaving the Russian crator for the moon?

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
I DID read the rules, years ago, and in no way did I call someone a troll.

Umm ... you said the thread had been trolled, no?  Now just how could that happen if people weren't  - according to you - trolling?  And if people - according to you - were trolling, wouldn't they have to be trolls?  So yes, yes you did call multiple people trolls.  It's blatantly obvious.  Which may be, you know, the reason I pointed it out.

Section Six Soldier

Diamonds are actually pretty common. The prices are kept artificially high by holding most off the market. If Russia were to try using these to finance a moonbase, diamonds would very quickly be devalued, and the venture would thus fail.
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! Resident Invisible Man Lurker in the House of Trolls A Testament to My Glory
fine, you guys either accidentaly or on purpose misunderstood the OP, and went off on a wild tangent.

To answer the OP's question;

I would never live in ANYTHING in space built by the russians.
Show
Show
The great land debate:
Show
97563441 wrote:
61325265 wrote:
61325265 wrote:
58232598 wrote:
fine, you guys either accidentaly or on purpose misunderstood the OP, and went off on a wild tangent.

So I am either stupid or a troll? Not cool, bro. Not cool.

"Or"?

Sounds pretty racist against Russians.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this

Sounds pretty racist against Russians.

They lost the space race. Also, whens the last time you've said, "Ooh, it must be good, it was built in RUSSIA."?
Show
Show
The great land debate:
Show
97563441 wrote:
61325265 wrote:
61325265 wrote:
58232598 wrote:
They lost the space race.

And yet we are paying them to fly our astronauts and gear to the International Space Station.
Also, whens the last time you've said, "Ooh, it must be good, it was built in RUSSIA."?

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this

So you're saying 'it's still not me, it's still you'.  Yeah, not cool brah.  Not cool at all.  You messed up.  Fess up and apologize.

Section Six Soldier

So you're saying 'it's still not me, it's still you'.  Yeah, not cool brah.  Not cool at all.  You messed up.  Fess up and apologize.

Yup, and he went al racist of the Russians just to rationalize his calling everyone a troll.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Oh really?  I didn't notice that.  Awesome.  Wow, the kind of people allowed to post here, yanno?  Amazing. 

Section Six Soldier

Oh really?  I didn't notice that.  Awesome.  Wow, the kind of people allowed to post here, yanno?  Amazing. 

Yup, this place is getting a lower quality of people visiting. Terrible, justterrible.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Im surprised the mods haven't done something to curtail this sort of behavior.  I thought this was a family friendly place.  Cyberbullying isn't family friendly, yanno?  Sad.  Sick and sad.

Section Six Soldier

I refrained from posting in this thread because trolling is against the CoC...Smile
"Unite the [fan] base? Hardly. As of right now, I doubt their ability to unite a slightly unruly teabag with a cup of water."--anjelika
1-4E play style
The 4E play style is a high action cinematic style of play where characters worry less about being killed in one hit and more about strategy and what their next move is and the one after it. The players talk back and forth about planning a battle and who can do what to influence the outcome. 4E play is filled with cinematic over the top action. An Eladrin teleports out of the grip of the Ogre. The Fighter slams the dragons foot with his hammer causing it to rear up and stagger back in pain. The Cleric creates a holy zone where their allies weapons are guided to their targets and whenever an enemy dies the Clerics allies are healed. 4E is about knowing when to lauch your nova attack, whether its a huge arcane spell that causes enemies to whirl around in a chaotic storm, or if its a trained adrenaline surge that causes you to attack many many times with two weapons on a single target, or a surge of adrenaline that keeps you going though you should already be dead. Its about tactics and the inability to carry around a bag of potions or a few wands and never have to worry about healing. Its about the guy that can barely role play having the same chance to convince the king to aid the group as the guy that takes improv acting classes and regularly stars as an extra on movies.
Stormwind Fallacy
The Stormwind Fallacy, aka the Roleplayer vs Rollplayer Fallacy Just because one optimizes his characters mechanically does not mean that they cannot also roleplay, and vice versa. Corollary: Doing one in a game does not preclude, nor infringe upon, the ability to do the other in the same game. Generalization 1: One is not automatically a worse role player if he optimizes, and vice versa. Generalization 2: A non-optimized character is not automatically role played better than an optimized one, and vice versa. ...[aside]... Proof: These two elements rely on different aspects of a player's game play. Optimization factors in to how well one understands the rules and handles synergies to produce a very effective end result. Role playing deals with how well a player can act in character and behave as if he was someone else. A person can act while understanding the rules, and can build something powerful while still handling an effective character. There is nothing in the game -- mechanical or otherwise -- restricting one if you participate in the other. Claiming that an optimizer cannot role play (or is participating in a play style that isn't supportive of role playing) because he is an optimizer, or vice versa, is committing the Stormwind Fallacy.
The spells we should getLook here to Check out my adventures and ideas. I've started a blog, about video games, table top role playing games, programming, and many other things its called Kel and Lok Games. My 4E Fantasy Grounds game is currently full.

I refrained from posting in this thread because trolling is against the CoC...

Fail.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Sign In to post comments