succubus / incubus Warlock build help wanted.

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
     Okay so in an upcoming game my group and i will be doing 3.5 Under-mountain. had the book for some time finally getting a dm to do it lol.
And i thought i would spice things up a bit and play from the savage species book witch is a 3.0 but no 3.5 version exsists that i know of at least.
in it i found the entry for succubus / incubus (Female / Male) demon. witch is not a bad set up i might add in terms of warlock. now the book has the base racial for the monster and a lvl 1 through 12 class chart in order to obtain all the ability's of the monster. the base racial traits are as followed
*starting ability score adjustments: +2 dex +6 cha (here is where you see it scream warlock or any other cha based class)
*speed: 30 feet land. **and 50 feet fly (avarge) if you go to third monster class level and up)
*dark-vision 60 feet.
*Poison immunity: succubi native plane is where poison is omnipresent. (reason given)
*skills: +8 racial bonus on listen and spot checks (very nice)
*automatic languages: abyssal, celestial, and draconic. (these are kinda moot if you take at least the first lvl of the monster class due to the ability tongues "witch lets you speak and know any language lol also very nice)

and if you have the book you can see more on the class lvls and what they give but point im getting at is just racial alone this is a very good warlock building or any other CHA main state class. so i was gonna go with it now my only problem is "it has the power and the ability but where do i go from here. any thoughts would be most welcome.
also campaign is gonna start at lvl 3. and i am most def taking the fist lvl of incubus for the skill start of (8+int)x4 and the special of ( Feat, 2claws1d3 alternate form(1) "main reason right there hide what i am in world under-MT is set in" +1NA resistances (acid,cold,fire,electricity, 5) tongues, and subtypes (chaotic, evil) .)

any thoughts
Don't the rules in savage species say that you have to take all the levels of those classes to prevent one level dips like this?

-Yup right at the begining of the examples section on page 152. 
Don't the rules in savage species say that you have to take all the levels of those classes to prevent one level dips like this?

-Yup right at the begining of the examples section on page 152. 

well then i guess im just strait warlock then lol.
A "Savage Species" style build for the Succubus in 3.5 will be 13 levels long.  It would probably be a HD granting level (Succubus is an Outsider 7) followed by a "LA" level where you don't get any HD.  As mentioned you must (usually) take ALL levels in a monster class before you can "multiclass" into something else.  While those break downs are designed to be usable from first level they may still get a LOT of goodies at that time and they'd always get a HD at that point; after that is when you develope and "pay for" the rest of the things that go into the monster.  Frankly, a single level dip into most Monster classes that are Dragon, Outsider, or even Monstrous Humanoid would be very useful if spellcasting isn't your primary concern.
FOUND A LOOP HOLE! the rituals. in that section there is a sub text stating that a player can trade up lvls for monster lvl mainly to go all the way. but rare times is where you only get a few of that monster lvl and cant go into it any more. so not a grand loop hole but hey its DnD the whole game is about bend a rule here to make it fun there lol
FOUND A LOOP HOLE! the rituals. in that section there is a sub text stating that a player can trade up lvls for monster lvl mainly to go all the way. but rare times is where you only get a few of that monster lvl and cant go into it any more. so not a grand loop hole but hey its DnD the whole game is about bend a rule here to make it fun there lol

What you have here is where you likely pass beyond extreme power gamer into Munchkin.  Using "creative" interpretation of the rules may be "fun" for some but it can easily destroy the game or at the very least render it into something that many of use wouldn't recognize as DnD.

Also remember that Savage Species is 3.0 and Warlock is a 3.5 class.