2nd ed AD&D reprints listed on Amazon.

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm not sure if this has been announced/discussed yet but here are the links.

Players Handbook.
Monstrous Manual.
Dungeon Masters Guide.

Dungeons of Dread and Against the Slave Lords are also listed.

Edit: And it looks like I can't edit the thread title to fix that typo. Great. 
AW HELLS YEAH! Excited to say the least, but I hope it's the 1989 version, and not the 1995 version.

Either way, my reprint collection will now be almost complete (once BECMI is re-released).

Thank you, WotC!!!Cool     

Just roll some dice.

RADIO FREE BORDERLANDS:

Explore the new D&D podcast that is a celebration of all eras of the game! Discussing the loves, challenges, topics, ideas, and news of this great hobby in both a contemporary and historical view.

http://radiofreeborderlands.libsyn.com/

Sweet Fancy Moses! 
I hope that Dungeons of Dread is the original modules compiled, and not a reprint of the S1-4 supermodule.  The supermodule, IIRC, contained changes to the original material that, IMO, were not needed and were of lower quality.
you remember correctly
Howdy folks,

I edited the thread title.  No other changes were made.

Personal note...

I'm also excited for these reprints.           

All around helpful simian

I hope that Dungeons of Dread is the original modules compiled, and not a reprint of the S1-4 supermodule.  The supermodule, IIRC, contained changes to the original material that, IMO, were not needed and were of lower quality.

Like what? I've been unable to find out in online discussions of Realms of Horror.

Like what? I've been unable to find out in online discussions of Realms of Horror.

I'll have to dig mine up to compare but off the top of my head...
Outright cuts to content in Expedition to the Barrier Peaks as well as Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth.  In other words, abridged.
Rewriting of certain specifics of the modules, the poem in Tomb of Horrors comes immediately to mind. 

Not sure if all of the current crop of people at WotC have even played the originals, so just want to make sure they are aware that there were significant differences.  They should stick with the originals, with all the original content.
The only thing I can say is that I'm EXTREMELY HAPPY about this. I'll be visiting my FLGS to pre-order this as soon as possible. I have a lot of great memories playing 2nd ed. AD&D, it was probably the edition I played the most over the years (although 4e is coming close).

I'm sooooooooo pleased WotC is doing this. THANK YOU!

Which cover, original or black? If they go with original I hope they include all of the errata and updates. The black edition looked fugly but the content was very well done.
I'm hoping beyond hope that the reprint is based on the original 1989 versions, as the artwork in it was incredible (Caldwell, Parkinson, Easley, Elmore). The Larry Elmore painting of the adventuring group post-dragon fight in the beginning of the PHB is still one of my favorite D&D art pieces of all time; to me it is what the essence of the game is summed up in a painting.

Just roll some dice.

RADIO FREE BORDERLANDS:

Explore the new D&D podcast that is a celebration of all eras of the game! Discussing the loves, challenges, topics, ideas, and news of this great hobby in both a contemporary and historical view.

http://radiofreeborderlands.libsyn.com/

I'm hoping beyond hope that the reprint is based on the original 1989 versions, as the artwork in it was incredible (Caldwell, Parkinson, Easley, Elmore). The Larry Elmore painting of the adventuring group post-dragon fight in the beginning of the PHB is still one of my favorite D&D art pieces of all time; to me it is what the essence of the game is summed up in a painting.

I love that one - the whole group seems so proud of themselves, like it was this big accomplishment, yet the dragon looks only to be a few years young.

The fact of the matter is that it probably WAS a really tough fight, even for such a small dragon - but through media and video games I wonder how many people would look at that and think "Wow, they killed a baby dragon" 
Welcome to ZomboniLand - My D&D Blog http://zomboniland.blogspot.com/
I hope this means we'll see some 2e setting material in online or print format soon. :-)