Best Card sleeves on a budget?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm planning on picking up some card sleeves in an order tomorrow and I was wondering what do you think are the best cheap sleeves out there? I've got a bunch of decks to sleeve. I use Dragon Shield for my EDH decks, but they're a bit too expensive for all of my casual decks (especially since I kinda want them in different-looking sleeves.) I've also heard that Ultra Pro break often on the sides. We've used penny sleeves before and I don't like them at all.

What do you suggest?

"Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this."

Well not sure if this helps but I just bought some "Neo Sleaves" from a dollar store and they are great. not sure what "neo sleaves" are running online though.

cheers

<----- Loser.

Been using ultra pro for years. They do what they are supposed to do, protect, not break and not be sticky. Dragonshield are just too expensive for no reason.
I love trolls Dont hate me because I'm blunt and you cannot handle it
The Ultra Pros with graphics are the ones that fall apart on the sides.  The regular solid color ones are very well made and hold up really well.  I bought two 50 packs of those "neo" sleeves and got about 45 useable sleeves, the manufacturing tolerances were awful.  That's probably just the batch i bought from tho, ymmv.     
KMC >> Dragon Shield >>>> Ultra Pro for me. I don't know where I would put penny sleeves, but they always seem to do the job just fine. Ultra Pro have been unreliable for me.
Seems I'm getting a lot of differing views on which is the best.

"Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this."

People  who  don't invest on  shields a lot  tend to use dragonshields. They are durable and will last long,  although  personally I hate shuffling tacky sleeves (and all sleeves will become tacky after 2 tournaments) 
"Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Proud member of the Rakdos guild
bloodartist got a good point, I hate shuffling 60 cards decks that feels like an EDH deck because they have big(ger) sleeves.
I love trolls Dont hate me because I'm blunt and you cannot handle it
Sign In to post comments