A couple questions to verify things that happened in a casual game

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
1)  Opponent had Izzet Keyrune in play, and played a March of the Machines.  He thinks he has to pay the cost to turn the Keyrune into a creature in order to get the bonus.  I say not because that line is seperate from the activated ability, and the only thing activating the creature effect does is turn it into a 2/1red and blue Elemental until end of turn, where it will return to being a 3/3.

2) Same opponent was undeer the impression that I would have to exile more cards to Harvest Pyre if I Reverberate it.   I don't think so as the cost is paid, and everything in a spell is copied, except some things.  Things like additional costs, kicker costs, modes, etc are copied, right?

3)  Does Goblin Electromancer reduce the cost of Flashback?  I can see a yes and no to this, but I want to be sure, as it affects a deck I am building to a small degree.
1) you are correct.

2) the value of X is copied, yes.

3) yes, it does.

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

1)  Opponent had Izzet Keyrune in play, and played a March of the Machines.  He thinks he has to pay the cost to turn the Keyrune into a creature in order to get the bonus.  I say not because that line is seperate from the activated ability, and the only thing activating the creature effect does is turn it into a 2/1red and blue Elemental until end of turn, where it will return to being a 3/3.

You're right, the triggered ability is a separate ability. It has it whether or not you have used izzet keyrune's second ability.
2) Same opponent was undeer the impression that I would have to exile more cards to Harvest Pyre if I Reverberate it.   I don't think so as the cost is paid, and everything in a spell is copied, except some things.  Things like additional costs, kicker costs, modes, etc are copied, right?

The additional cost is copied. However many cards you exiled for the original harvest pyre, that is how much damage both spells will do.
3)  Does Goblin Electromancer reduce the cost of Flashback?  I can see a yes and no to this, but I want to be sure, as it affects a deck I am building to a small degree.

Yes-ish. It reduces the total cost of the spell, so if you are casting the spell via flashback, it will benefit.

1) I am only going to point out that the Izzet Keyrune is the only Keyrune that works like that, for precisely the reason you stated. If it were any other one, he would have to activate it to get the secondary ability.

2) Technically, additional costs are copied, but because the copy isn't being cast (in this case), they don't need to be paid. And the value of X is most definitely copied.

"Proc" stands for "Programmed Random OCcurance". It does not even vaguely apply to anything Magic cards do. Don't use it.

Level 1 Judge as of 09/26/2013

Zammm = Batman

"Ability words are flavor text for Melvins." -- Fallingman

Sign In to post comments