DLCR: War Falcon

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Another M13 card to rate...

War Falcon

Show

5.0: First pick no matter what pack.
4.5: First pick pack 1.
4.0: I will strongly consider playing this as the only card of its color.
3.5: I feel a strong pull into this card’s color.
3.0: This card makes me want to play this color.
2.5: Several cards of this power level start to pull me to this color.
2.0: Should generally make the deck if in this color.
1.5: Decent filler.
1.0: 23rd card if you have to.
0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in.
0.0: I will never put this card into my deck (main deck or after sideboarding).

War Falcon is a good card.  At worst it's a blocker but if you can draft enough soldiers and knights it's a great 1 drop.

1.5-2

Discuss! 
This one has grown on me. I think 2.0 describes it best.
I think I twice managed to build myself a deck where this thing with a Ring of Thune was my only creature on the feild for something like 6 or 7 turns in at least two games. I have no idea how I did it, I suspect both decks were just really removal heavy, but it is an awful experience. However, it makes a really, really nasty wall.

1.0 if you can't find soldier support, 1.5 with some soldiers.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
With three amazing Knights // Soldiers and one decent Soldier token generator at common, as well as three amazing Knights // Soldiers at uncommon this is pretty servicable. Even with just three enablers in your deck you have about a coin flip of a chance of it being active in the earliest turns. And hey, that's pretty good considering the fact that it is still a 2/1 flying defender for otherwise, rather than being completely dead. I'd give it a strong 2.0, better than a bear. Also if you ever get seven or more Knights // Soldiers it is definitely a 3.0.
1.5. I haven't really played with this card but it seems to have potential.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
Sign In to post comments