Help looking for a miniature type (Izzet Guild from MtG)

25 posts / 0 new
Last post

So as an avid mini painter, I've been working on my own personal MtG collection.  Usually this is pretty easy as a fair amount of standard fantasy miniatures fit into most MtG planes, though with Return to Ravnica I feel compelled to do some Izzet based minis.  Problem is I'm not sure if a company makes minis that fit well with the astetic of the Izzet Guild.  Anybody know of a good company that produces something akin to the Izzet?

Thanks for the assist. 

P.S. I did post this in the Magic forum also, but I have a small feeling I might find a few more miniature painters over here.

I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.
Pushing for a Viashino Planeswalker and Ugin!
  Anybody know of a good company that produces something akin to the Izzet?

Nope.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine
I have a small feeling I might find a few more miniature painters over here.

I doubt it.
Boraxe wrote: "Knowledge of the rules and creativity are great attributes for a DM, but knowing when to cut loose and when to hold back, when to follow the rules and when to discard them, in order to enhance the enjoyment of the game is the most important DM skill of all." Keeper of the Sacred Kitty Bowl of the House of Trolls. Resident Kitteh-napper.

Actually, you'll want to take this to either the Reaper Miniatures forums or the CoolMiniOrNot forums...
Posting some links to the card artwork and whatever background info there is on the guild on those forums will probably get you the best response. Posting here is basically going to only get you responses from D&D players who also happen to paint minis and play Magic.

According to the wiki, the Izzet seem to be technomages, so you're potentially looking at some of the Warmachine/Hordes miniatures line from Privateer Press, some of the Warhammer40k minis... and, um, there's at least one other company I forget the name of.

As for this bit I found on the wiki:

Show

Creature types

Species and races

Species and races associated with the Izzet League include:

Classes

Classes associated with the Izzet League include:

...well, that's pretty much anything from any company ever, so not much help there.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

I want to see a Nivmagus Elemental miniature.
Not only does this guy have a cool effect, he's also represented as an energy being with metal parts, something I really like.

Though this one would probably have to be custom sculpted, best using a translucent material, which might be tricky.

EDIT. Thanks, Editor Man
Motto - Don't Damn Me, Guns N' Roses http://adhadh.deviantart.com/ - my dA page adhadh.png
I have a small feeling I might find a few more miniature painters over here.

I doubt it.

Well, there's at least two or three. But I know nothing about MtG or its settings.
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! Resident Invisible Man Lurker in the House of Trolls A Testament to My Glory
Whats an Izzet!?
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
Whats an Izzet!?

Better yet, who gives a ?
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine
Whats an Izzet!?

One of the 10 guilds in the Ravnica setting in MtG.
Each one represents a combination of two colours and a mixture of the color philosophies. Izzet is a mix of blue (control/learning) and red (raw power/burn), making them mad scientists of the explosive kind.
Here's their ad.

Some MtG flavor is pretty damn inspiring.
Motto - Don't Damn Me, Guns N' Roses http://adhadh.deviantart.com/ - my dA page adhadh.png
Whats an Izzet!?

Oh my bad!
That's an Izzy...
Whats an Izzet!?

Oh my bad!
That's an Izzy...

That's Iggy, mon.
That's Izzy:
Boraxe wrote: "Knowledge of the rules and creativity are great attributes for a DM, but knowing when to cut loose and when to hold back, when to follow the rules and when to discard them, in order to enhance the enjoyment of the game is the most important DM skill of all." Keeper of the Sacred Kitty Bowl of the House of Trolls. Resident Kitteh-napper.
And here's Icky...

So ... what, umm ... you know ... guy ... uhh, well, did that dood's hair - ifunowutimeen?  Like, think Cameron Diaz in that movie kind of 'did his hair'.  Winkety-winkety.
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

And here is sexy.

No, peasant. It is done with paste for hair that comes in spray. 

I think that's what I said.  Paste, comes in a 'tubesteak' and it gets sprayed all over.  Yep, kinda exactly what I said.

The silver streaks are 100% natural and are natures way of attracting girls who want to **** their daddy.  

That's one way of rationalizing fading looks due to increasing age, I suppose.

Section Six Soldier

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />That's one way of rationalizing fading looks due to increasing age, I suppose.

I've go to take HCs side on this.
I have a bit of grey too, and I like the way it looks on me.
Hey man, you feel comfortable rationalizing anything you want.   It's cool.  I'll probably join you when I go more gray. 

Section Six Soldier

You are just bald and jealous.

You are just bald and jealous.

Jealous of man mayo hair product?  Umm ... no. 

Section Six Soldier

Hey man, you feel comfortable rationalizing anything you want.   It's cool.  I'll probably join you when I go more gray. 

You're bald. The only gray hairs you'll be getting are in your ears.
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
Back on topic, anything steam punk fits the Izzet attire to some extent.
Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)