Making the most out of a race/class combo.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey guys! I'm designing a hexblade at the moment.
More importantly an Eladrin Hexblade. 
I'm trying to get the most out of the concept possible cheese-wise.

Wanna help me play around with it?

Overall goal is to be viable in all tiers, but the most important goal is to be especially powerful at level 10. With a secondary in either defender or controller.
I have read the handbook, but it's lacking in actual builds.

At the moment I'm quite sure I want him to be a fey hexblade. I know it's subpar for an eldarin, but if I wanted to go star, I could simply rip it out of the handbook.

A swordmage MC feat is appealing for the eladrin swordmage advance. But fighter opens up more interesting paragon alternatives. MC as Rogue is also a viable choice for charge spamming. But I have no idea of where to go with paragon as MC rogue. Ideas?

I could go the standard evermeet route, it is indeed powerful. But are there any other decent alternatives?

I also appreciate any suggestion on powers. Tbh the handbook is rather harsh with its power suggestions, since there are several tiers with only black rating. Help is wanted!

Anything actually turning the eladrin race to an advantage is a bonus.

I hope you will help me out.

(Edit2) 
Have you thought about assassin multiclass instead of rogue?  Taking it allows you to pick up cursed shadow, a nifty little trinket

When I built mine, I went for the gloom pact to match his storyline, and added the assassin multiclass.  This way I got the cursed shadow feat and was able to pick up a feat flail expertise, which with my pact allowed me to hit a creature for 1[W]+charisma modifier+dexterity modifier damage, push the target 1 square, knock it prone, and give it a -2 penalty to all attack roles until the start of my next turn, and it could be used as a melee basic attack.

If you are set going for the rogue multiclass though, I personally liked duelist's panache, adds your charisma modifier to athletics and acrobatics, and blade and buckler duelist, which makes a light shield act as a heavy shield as far as defense goes for you.  I kind of like the image it presents, if your dm allows you to specify exactly what your shield looks like, you'd be able to use a spiked shield, have the defense and an off-hand light blade.  I would view it as kind of your rogues parrying skill being so high that it's like wielding a shield.

Also if you do go with the fey pact, consider the fey pact of the white well.  You can always take arcane admixture to add cold to your attacks, but not radiant.  Also if you take the white well one, there is a warlock feat you can take that allows you to roll a saving throw when you hit with a radiant power.

Either way you go, best of luck  
To use flails with fey pact you can get a disrupting flail (MC avenger is good), admixture lighting, and mark of storms.

Evermeet is probably the most you'll get cheeze wise.  Knocking someone down, then hiding next to them is extreamly powerful.  They'll have crawl away to attack someone else (thus provoking an OA), or they swing at you with a major penalty.

Consider a staff of the traveler too.  For more invisibility.

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

Sign In to post comments