Panoptic Mirror

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have a question about  Panoptic Mirror. It seas to pay the casting cost for the Imprint. If the casting cost has an "X" in it like "Fireball" is the casting cost for the Imprint "R"?

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details....

From the gatherer ruling:

You don't pay the spell's mana cost. If the spell has X in its mana cost, X is 0. You do pay any additional costs for that spell. You can't use any alternative costs.

panoptic mirror

How to autocard: [c]gravecrawler[/c] = gravecrawler Find me on kingdomofloathing.com as Adamantois

Yes, but you probably don't want to do this in the first place. When you cast a spell with X in its mana cost, and you're told not to pay its mana cost, the only valid choice for X is 0, so imprinting Fireball on the Mirror is pretty useless.

By the way, you are not paying the mana cost. You are paying where X is the card's converted mana cost. For example, if you imprinted Force of Will (also a rather pointless play, but this is strictly an example), you would have to pay , not .

EDIT: Why the hell isn't the X generic mana symbol working in MC tags?
Jeff Heikkinen DCI Rules Advisor since Dec 25, 2011

You don't pay the spell's mana cost. If the spell has X in its mana cost, X is 0. You do pay any additional costs for that spell. You can't use any alternative costs.

panoptic mirror

So copinig a fierball would cost "R" and the afect would do 0 damege?

panoptic mirror

Yes.
Jeff Heikkinen DCI Rules Advisor since Dec 25, 2011
Listen to this man!^^

How to autocard: [c]gravecrawler[/c] = gravecrawler Find me on kingdomofloathing.com as Adamantois

K thanks guys, dont wory I play the mirer with Choice of Damnations and cards such as Time Walk. I just wonderd if it be posable with a card such as fireball.

panoptic mirror

you don't have to use , you can use any colored mana
proud member of the 2011 community team

panoptic mirror

you don't have to use , you can use any colored mana

Ya that I got I just  put the "R" there to mack it as clear as posable. R=1 
EDIT: Why the hell isn't the X generic mana symbol working in MC tags?

Because the image file for X that the mc tag is looking for does not exist, so it defaults to showing a 1x1px white space instead. The problem is an easy enough fix though. All that needs to be done is to change the URL that the mc tag is using so that the lowercase x is changed to an uppercase X.* WOTC has known about this for quite some time and I have no idea why it has not been taken care of as of yet.

* To see the difference, click here for the image file used for :xm: and click here to see the image file used for [mc]x[/mc]. The former contains an image for X that the tag can use, while the latter does not.

@ BigTutor

There is no need to show card images to get us to know what the card does. All you have to do is use autocard.
[c]Demonic Tutor[/c] will look like Demonic Tutor when posting.

Xweetoks = ♥Happiness