EDH, Primeval titan ban

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
friends are saying Primeval titan is banned from EDH, even the judge at the local friday night magic said it was banned, i saw a forum post somehwere that said in september it was goin to be banned, but when i look here www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/Resources.aspx... and here gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Printing... it says it not banned and legal to play, so is the local judge full of it?
Yes, Prime Time is banned in EDH - and is probably the most controversial ban ever.  Here is the official page and you can see the current ban list under Deck Construction.

dragonhighlander.net/rules.php
mtgcommander.net/rules.php

it IS banned (as of 20 Sept)
while Commander is an official format now, the rules and bannings are not under WotC's control, so their ressources might be lagged compared to the official Commander site
proud member of the 2011 community team
Why is it banned?
too good at ramping
proud member of the 2011 community team
too good at ramping

In addition to being a 6/6 trampler for 6, which is already decent.

Rules Advisor

Please autocard: [c]Shard Phoenix[/c] = Shard Phoenix.

Why is it banned?

You can see the explanation for its banning here.
I saw Vesuvan Shapeshifter is banned too, is that a recent banning?
Guessing because of the two card "Pickles" interaction with Brine Elemental

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013  - If you have any concerns with my conduct as a judge, feel free to submit feedback here.
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

I saw Vesuvan Shapeshifter is banned too, is that a recent banning?
Guessing because of the two card "Pickles" interaction with Brine Elemental

Where did you see that?  I don't see the Shapeshifter on either WotC's or mtgcommander.net's lists.

I was trying out the Magic Online beta and noticed my Progenitus deck was not in the Commander binder so I checked it out and it had the newest offender P-Titan and I decided I wanted to replace it with a Shapeshifter and Vesuvan in particular and he was listed with 'X's too which led me to think it was banned as well.

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013  - If you have any concerns with my conduct as a judge, feel free to submit feedback here.
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Considering you were replacing a banned card with it, I would assume this is a bug. I'm not sure, of course.
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
I was trying out the Magic Online beta and noticed my Progenitus deck was not in the Commander binder so I checked it out and it had the newest offender P-Titan and I decided I wanted to replace it with a Shapeshifter and Vesuvan in particular and he was listed with 'X's too which led me to think it was banned as well.

It is not banned, must be a bug.

Sign In to post comments