Ravnica Guildmage Planeswalker

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
I wanted everyone to create their own Planeswalker(s) based on one or more of their favorite Ravnica guilds. Try to make it so that it's playable and not too OP. Also try to stay within the theme of the guild if you can. If you'd like, add a little background story for your planeswalker.

For me... Izzet League

Raceak Loyalar
Planeswalker - Raceak
+1: Draw a card, then discard a card.
-2: Copy target instant or sorcery spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.
-6: You get an emblem with "Instant and Sorcery spells you play have Overload where their Overload cost is their mana cost plus ." L.C.: 3
The -2 ability doesn't work as written.  Planeswalker abilities are Sorcery speed, which means that you can't play them if something else is on the stack.  So yep.  Putting in a "You may play this ability any time you could play an instant" should work, although it'd be a bit strong at that point so would probably require a -3 instead of -2. 
Simic Combine :gum:

Virgim Kol
Planeswalker - Virgim
+1: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
-3: Creatures you control gain hexproof until end of turn.
-8: Take control of all creatures with a +1/+1 counter on them.
L.C.:4
Yeah I was thinking about that for my Izzet Planeswalker. Wasn't sure if I should just copy spells I control so it wouldn't be too O.P. ya know? Same for the Simic -3. I should make it instant speed >.<
The -2 ability on your Izzet planeswalker already exists on Chandra the Firebrand and it reads "-2: When you cast your next instant or sorcery spell this turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy."

Unfortunately, the ultimate doesn't work. The Overload keyword only works on cards that target creatures, and trying to explain that on a planeswalker box will be too clunky.
I thought overload was simply turning the word "target" to "each?
So target opponent will be each opponent.
As for the second ability belonging to Chandra, idc lol its focusing on how Izzet also copies spells. Not if another planeswalker already has it.
I thought overload was simply turning the word "target" to "each?

Yeah, but the problem is Swerve.  Or hundreds of other cards where simply replacing "target" with "each" results in a nonsense sentence that can't actually function.

A cool substitute though would be something like "Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell with a single target, copy it for each other object that spell could target. Each of those copies targets one of those objects."  It mostly achieves the same results, and doesn't have any absurd corner cases.
The World of Eldangard - a three act M:tG block by Fallingman Eldangard Stormfront Ragnarok
Hm.. I like the paraphrase thanks
Yeah I think fallingman's solution is good. I guess the point I was trying to make last time was that there are many spells out there that don't have the word target.

And I gave you Chandra so that you can have the correct wording on your card. ;)
I think Fallingman's ultimate is a good idea, except that I would make it a 'may' that way you can opt not to turn your unsummon into evacuation if the situation doesn't require it.
'
I like all of these ideas :D and thanks Springjack lol
Now everyone should try to make one :D
I'd do a Dimir one, but Jace already exists.

We need a Selesnya one.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
The wording for the final ability is the only thing tripping me up right now. Trying to make it short and sweet while basically stating that you can cause an instant or sorcery spell you cast to target all possible targets that spell can target... wait... is that it?

"When you cast an instant or sorcery spell with a single target, you may have it target all possible targets instead."

??? 
The wording for the final ability is the only thing tripping me up right now. Trying to make it short and sweet while basically stating that you can cause an instant or sorcery spell you cast to target all possible targets that spell can target... wait... is that it?

"When you cast an instant or sorcery spell with a single target, you may have it target all possible targets instead."

??? 

"Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell with a single target, you may copy that spell any number of times. Each copy targets a different target."

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

??? 

So how about this....

Izzet League Planeswalker

Raceak Loyalar
Planeswalker - Raceak
+1: Draw a card, then discard a card.
-3: Copy target instant or sorcery spell you control. Use this ability as through it had Flash.
-6: You get an emblem with "Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell with a single target, you may copy that spell any number of times, with each copy having a different target." 
L.C.: 3
I may take out the second ability and replace it with something like....

-2 or -3: Until your next upkeep, whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, Raceak Loyalar deals 2 damage to each opponent.

I got the inspiration from Guttersnipe and figured it would bring variety to Raceak as his second and final ability seem rather similar. What do you think??

All in all Raceak came from the inspiration of Nivix Guildmage, my new favorite creature card :D
I made these for an old contest by bay_falconer that never got graded, to my abject disappointment. They're uncommon, generic guildwalkers (similar to guildmages).

Show

Azorius Timewalker
Planeswalker (U)
{+1} Creatures you control gain vigilance until end of turn.
{+1} You gain 2 life.
[ 3 ]

Dimir Shadowstep
Planeswalker (U)
{+0} Draw a card, then discard a card.
{-1} Target player discards a card and you draw a card.
[ 2 ]

Rakdos Hotfoot
Planeswalker (U)
{-1} All creatures gain deathtouch until end of turn.
{-2} Each player loses 3 life and discards two cards.
[ 3 ]

Gruul Trailblazer
Planeswalker (U)
{+1} Target creature gets +2/+2 and gains trample until end of turn.
{-2} Destroy target nonland, noncreature permanent.
[ 3 ]

Selesnya Pathfinder
Planeswalker (U)
{+1} You may play an additional land this turn.
{-X} Put X 1/1 green Saproling creature tokens onto the battlefield.
[ 3 ]

Orzhov Drifter
Planeswalker (U)
{-1} Tap target creature. It doesn't untap during its controller's next untep step.
{-2} Destroy target tapped creature.
[ 4 ]

Izzet Journeyman
Planeswalker (U)
{-1} Return target instant or sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand.
{-1} Return target creature to its owner's hand.
[ 2 ]

Golgari Grave-Guide
Planeswalker (U)
{+1} Put target creature card in your graveyard on top of your library.
{-2} Each player sacrifices a creature.
[ 3 ]

Boros Outrider
Planeswalker (U)
{+1} Target creature gains lifelink until end of turn.
{-1} Target creature gains double strike until end of turn.
[ 3 ]

Simic Virtuoso
Planeswalker (U)
{+1} Put a +1/+1 counter on up to one target creature.
{-3} Distribute three +1/+1 counters among any number of target creatures.
[ 3 ]