Power that makes the enemy go prone?

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Just a quick question...is there a power that makes enemies go right to prone at low levels?can be any 4e class, i think i remember seeing one that does but i cant remember the class...

Main reason...headmans chop+half orc+Beserker :3
There's plenty of low level powers that knock prone (180 powers between level 1-10). Which class ? Attack or Utility Power ? At-will, Encounter or Daily ?
There's plenty of low level powers that knock prone (180 powers between level 1-10). Which class ? Attack or Utility Power ? At-will, Encounter or Daily ?

preferably at will so i could do it a lot...just a quick list would be great, thanks.
Here is a list of all the At-will Attack Powers that Prone:

Name                                          Class        Level  Action Type         Source

Whirling Kusari-gamaAssassinStandardDragon Magazine 404
Bola TakedownAssassinStandardHeroes of Shadow
Quick LungeAssassinStandardHeroes of Shadow
Combat AgilityFighterOpportunityMartial Power 2
Clever ShotRangerStandardHeroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms
Jinx ShotBard1StandardArcane Power
Concussive SpikeBattlemind1StandardDark Sun Campaign Setting
Fell StrikeCleric1StandardDragon Magazine 409
Grasping Tide (Druid)Druid1StandardPH Heroes: Series 1
Knockdown AssaultFighter1StandardPH Heroes: Series 1
Dragon's Tail [Attack Technique]Monk1StandardPlayer's Handbook 3
Force PunchPsion1StandardPlayer's Handbook 3
Beast SwitchWizard1StandardHeroes of the Feywild
Lodestone LureBattlemind3StandardPsionic Power
Force HammerPsion3StandardPlayer's Handbook 3
Kinetic TripPsion3StandardPsionic Power
Forceful ReversalBattlemind7Immediate ReactionDark Sun Campaign Setting
Stone SquireBattlemind7StandardPlayer's Handbook 3
Cranial DisturbancePsion7StandardPlayer's Handbook 3
Brutal BarrageBattlemind13StandardPlayer's Handbook 3
Concussion BurstPsion13StandardPlayer's Handbook 3
Blade TremorBattlemind23StandardDark Sun Campaign Setting
Might of the OgreBattlemind23StandardPlayer's Handbook 3
Cruel CrushPsion23StandardPlayer's Handbook 3
Phantom BurdenPsion23StandardPsionic Power
Prismatic SwarmsPsion23StandardPsionic Power
Falling SkyArdent27StandardPsionic Power
FYI you can use the DDi Compendium search function by entering all this specs in the respective filter fields.

Filter

Type                             Select AllClass PowersPath PowersDestiny PowersRacial PowersFeat PowersSkill PowersTheme PowersWild Talent Powers                             ArdentArtificerAssassinAvengerBarbarianBardBattlemindClericDruidFighterHybrid PaladinHybrid PsionHybrid RunepriestInvokerMonkPaladinPsionRangerRogueRunepriestSeekerShamanSorcererSwordmageVampireWardenWarlockWarlordWizard                                                      BladelingBugbearChangelingDevaDragonbornDrowDuergarDwarfEladrinElfGenasiGithyankiGithzeraiGnollGnomeGoblinGoliathHalf-ElfHalflingHalf-OrcHamadryadHengeyokaiHobgoblinHumanKalashtarKenkuKoboldLongtooth ShifterMinotaurMulOrcPixieRazorclaw ShifterRevenantSatyrShadar-kaiShadeShardmindSvirfneblinThri-KreenTieflingVrylokaWarforgedWildenUsageSelect AllAt-WillAt-Will (Special)DailyDaily (Special)EncounterEncounter (Special)
KindSelect AllAttackFeaturePact BoonUtilityAction TypeSelect AllFreeImmediate InterruptImmediate ReactionMinorMoveNo ActionOpportunityStandard
SourceSelect AllRule BooksPrinted AdventuresDragon MagazinesDungeon MagazinesMiniatures-Adventurer's Vault 2Arcane PowerClass CompendiumDark Sun Campaign SettingDivine PowerEberron Player's GuideForgotten Realms Player's GuideHeroes of ShadowHeroes of the Elemental ChaosHeroes of the Fallen LandsHeroes of the FeywildHeroes of the Forgotten KingdomsInto the Unknown: The Dungeon Survival HandbookManual of the PlanesMartial PowerMartial Power 2Monster ManualMonster Manual 2Neverwinter Campaign SettingPlayer's HandbookPlayer's Handbook 2Player's Handbook 3Player's Handbook Races: DragonbornPlayer's Handbook Races: TieflingPrimal PowerPsionic PowerRed Box Starter SetThe Book of Vile DarknessThe Plane BelowCouncil of SpidersDragon Magazine 364Dragon Magazine 365Dragon Magazine 366Dragon Magazine 367Dragon Magazine 368Dragon Magazine 369Dragon Magazine 370Dragon Magazine 371Dragon Magazine 372Dragon Magazine 373Dragon Magazine 374Dragon Magazine 375Dragon Magazine 376Dragon Magazine 377Dragon Magazine 378Dragon Magazine 379Dragon Magazine 380Dragon Magazine 381Dragon Magazine 382Dragon Magazine 383Dragon Magazine 384Dragon Magazine 385Dragon Magazine 386Dragon Magazine 387Dragon Magazine 388Dragon Magazine 389Dragon Magazine 390Dragon Magazine 391Dragon Magazine 392Dragon Magazine 393Dragon Magazine 394Dragon Magazine 395Dragon Magazine 396Dragon Magazine 397Dragon Magazine 398Dragon Magazine 399Dragon Magazine 400Dragon Magazine 401Dragon Magazine 402Dragon Magazine 403Dragon Magazine 404Dragon Magazine 405Dragon Magazine 406Dragon Magazine 407Dragon Magazine 408Dragon Magazine 409Dragon Magazine 410Dragon Magazine 411Dragon Magazine 412Dragon Magazine 413Dragon Magazine AnnualDungeon Magazine 171Dungeon Magazine 178Dungeon Magazine 180Madness at Gardmore AbbeyPH Heroes: Series 1PH Heroes: Series 2Revenge of the GiantsLevel  to  

FYI you can use the DDi Compendium search function by entering all this specs in the respective filter fields.

Filter

Type                             Select AllClass PowersPath PowersDestiny PowersRacial PowersFeat PowersSkill PowersTheme PowersWild Talent Powers                             ArdentArtificerAssassinAvengerBarbarianBardBattlemindClericDruidFighterHybrid PaladinHybrid PsionHybrid RunepriestInvokerMonkPaladinPsionRangerRogueRunepriestSeekerShamanSorcererSwordmageVampireWardenWarlockWarlordWizard                                                      BladelingBugbearChangelingDevaDragonbornDrowDuergarDwarfEladrinElfGenasiGithyankiGithzeraiGnollGnomeGoblinGoliathHalf-ElfHalflingHalf-OrcHamadryadHengeyokaiHobgoblinHumanKalashtarKenkuKoboldLongtooth ShifterMinotaurMulOrcPixieRazorclaw ShifterRevenantSatyrShadar-kaiShadeShardmindSvirfneblinThri-KreenTieflingVrylokaWarforgedWildenUsageSelect AllAt-WillAt-Will (Special)DailyDaily (Special)EncounterEncounter (Special)
KindSelect AllAttackFeaturePact BoonUtilityAction TypeSelect AllFreeImmediate InterruptImmediate ReactionMinorMoveNo ActionOpportunityStandard
SourceSelect AllRule BooksPrinted AdventuresDragon MagazinesDungeon MagazinesMiniatures-Adventurer's Vault 2Arcane PowerClass CompendiumDark Sun Campaign SettingDivine PowerEberron Player's GuideForgotten Realms Player's GuideHeroes of ShadowHeroes of the Elemental ChaosHeroes of the Fallen LandsHeroes of the FeywildHeroes of the Forgotten KingdomsInto the Unknown: The Dungeon Survival HandbookManual of the PlanesMartial PowerMartial Power 2Monster ManualMonster Manual 2Neverwinter Campaign SettingPlayer's HandbookPlayer's Handbook 2Player's Handbook 3Player's Handbook Races: DragonbornPlayer's Handbook Races: TieflingPrimal PowerPsionic PowerRed Box Starter SetThe Book of Vile DarknessThe Plane BelowCouncil of SpidersDragon Magazine 364Dragon Magazine 365Dragon Magazine 366Dragon Magazine 367Dragon Magazine 368Dragon Magazine 369Dragon Magazine 370Dragon Magazine 371Dragon Magazine 372Dragon Magazine 373Dragon Magazine 374Dragon Magazine 375Dragon Magazine 376Dragon Magazine 377Dragon Magazine 378Dragon Magazine 379Dragon Magazine 380Dragon Magazine 381Dragon Magazine 382Dragon Magazine 383Dragon Magazine 384Dragon Magazine 385Dragon Magazine 386Dragon Magazine 387Dragon Magazine 388Dragon Magazine 389Dragon Magazine 390Dragon Magazine 391Dragon Magazine 392Dragon Magazine 393Dragon Magazine 394Dragon Magazine 395Dragon Magazine 396Dragon Magazine 397Dragon Magazine 398Dragon Magazine 399Dragon Magazine 400Dragon Magazine 401Dragon Magazine 402Dragon Magazine 403Dragon Magazine 404Dragon Magazine 405Dragon Magazine 406Dragon Magazine 407Dragon Magazine 408Dragon Magazine 409Dragon Magazine 410Dragon Magazine 411Dragon Magazine 412Dragon Magazine 413Dragon Magazine AnnualDungeon Magazine 171Dungeon Magazine 178Dungeon Magazine 180Madness at Gardmore AbbeyPH Heroes: Series 1PH Heroes: Series 2Revenge of the GiantsLevel  to  

Thanks man, thought that thing was only for rules =/ i found its search a little difficult as well. anyways this is going to be a fun character...
You're welcome ! If you need any help with the tools let us know !
Just a quick question...is there a power that makes enemies go right to prone at low levels?can be any 4e class, i think i remember seeing one that does but i cant remember the class...

Several berserker / barbarian powers knock prone.  At level one: Batter Down (martial encounter power) and Sweeping Cut (martial daily power).  At level 3: Brutal Slam (primal encounter power).

Also look to pick up the feat World Serpent's Grasp, which allows you to knock prone any enemy that is slowed or immobilized.  This can be used in combination with the berserker at-will attack power, Run Down, which slows.

Have fun!

Several berserker / barbarian powers knock prone.  At level one: Batter Down (martial encounter power) and Sweeping Cut (martial daily power).  At level 3: Brutal Slam (primal encounter power).

Also look to pick up the feat World Serpent's Grasp, which allows you to knock prone any enemy that is slowed or immobilized.  This can be used in combination with the berserker at-will attack power, Run Down, which slows.

Have fun!

Got what i wanted :3 although its house ruled a bit but i figure a 7 foot orc can use a large executioners axe if she wants!

Basically i get...6 2D6 Damage rolls(With Brute 2 so i cant roll under 2) if everything works out in one turn and if i blow my action point :D gunna be a fun boss for my players
Scout (the Ranger essentails striker) has a stance that allows it to charge and prone its target iirc.

I made an axe weilding Dwarf Scout, named Graf Spee, with the eEadman's Chop feat and Dwarven Weapon Training for War Axes.

After one charge he would knock the baddie prone, and then he would be able to use a Free Action to attack the proned creature (doing +5 damage since it was proned).

Graf Spee dished out crazy damage but he was a one trick pony. It got boring after early heroic.
Flail Expertise + Footwork Lure on a fighter is the most reliable way to consistently prone enemies in the game, at least at Heroic Tier.  

There's another combination using Mark of the Storm and the right weapon that anyone can do, but that's a little more involved.  

For headsman's chop its best if the proning is done by a different character, so just hold your turn to go right after the fighter, and then chop anyone he's prone.
Don't overlook essentials feat world serpents grasp - which knocks prone a slowed creature - works well in combination with stance (knights) which slows.
Indeed - WSG is one of the best feats to come out of Essentials.  It's super-useful in many parties, as slowing and immobilising are relatively easy to come by.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Indeed - WSG is one of the best feats to come out of Essentials.  It's super-useful in many parties, as slowing and immobilising are relatively easy to come by.

its one of those feats entire builds are based off of, and is amazing in a slowing party
Insulting someones grammar on a forum is like losing to someone in a drag race and saying they were cheating by having racing stripes. Not only do the two things not relate to each other (the logic behind the person's position, and their grammar) but you sound like an idiot for saying it (and you should, because its really stupid )
Sign In to post comments