Multiplayer question

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
This came up on our first team game.

A attacks B
A passes priority to B
B passes to C
C passes to D
D wants to play an immediate to help his partner (which is B).

heres the question can someone else play cards to help another creature.

I was saying no because the owner is the only one that can tap to play an ability for the creature. But I can see it either way.

Thanks
What do you mean by passing priority?
I use it because of MTG, and there is no mention of timing in the rulebook except the stack. I assume it uses priority for the simple fact of who plays what and when.
I don't play Magic, so I don't understand the reference.

So, as I understand it, Player A and Player C are a team, and Player B and Player D are a team.

On Player A's turn, he attacks one of Player B's miniatures.  Player D then wants to play an Immediate order to help Player B out.  I'd say that's perfectly legal, so long as it's played on one of Player D's minis.

For example, the Cormyr set has two order cards called "Shield" and "Defend Ally."  These allow creatures to defend other creatures.  These I would allow.  But, a card like "Intercept" I would not allow.  The difference?  With the first pair, you play it on your own creature (i.e. you tap your own mini).  In the case of Intercept, the creature that gets the damage reduction is tapped (i.e. you're tapping another player's mini).

I think that each player should be responsible for any actions that would tap his army.  So, if you're in a position to do so, and you have an order that allows you to defend an allied creature, then go for it.  But you can't directly control another player's creatures.*

The rules don't specifically address it.  The only mention comes in the Team game section, where it says that "the tcreatures controlled by your teammates are allied creatures for the creatures in your warband.  I think that's important.  It allows you to protect the other players' creatures, but you must use your own warband to do it.

* That is, of course, except for attack order cards that cause targets to tap.  Those are a special case of action denial.