DLCR: Void Stalker

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays other M13 card to rate is...

Void Stalker

Show

5.0: First pick no matter what pack.
4.5: First pick pack 1.
4.0: I will strongly consider playing this as the only card of its color.
3.5: I feel a strong pull into this card’s color.
3.0: This card makes me want to play this color.
2.5: Several cards of this power level start to pull me to this color.
2.0: Should generally make the deck if in this color.
1.5: Decent filler.
1.0: 23rd card if you have to.
0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in.
0.0: I will never put this card into my deck (main deck or after sideboarding).

This guy is pretty annoying.  He comes down early and can be a beater if the field is open.  But he can also disrupt the opponent by sending there best creature back to the library.  Very good and an early pick.

Discuss! 
This card is amazing. I'd go as high as 4. I'm playing it in my Online PTQ Sealed deck atm and it is gorgeous.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
3.5. Solid removal that also functions as a body. I can't give him a 4. Not being able to activate immediately and costing five mana total are still fairly big downsides.
I can't give this more than a 3.0. In the base case it is typically blue removal for a total of 3UU spread over 2 turns, which is decent due to the lack of blue removal that functions at this level. But the only time I've seen this card in play was on my opponent's side, where it died along with a Welkin Tern and Servant of Nefarox to Chandra's Fury.

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

I'll give it a 3.5.  Had two of these as the only good rares in a sealed once and won all my matches, with the Stalker usually stealing tempo at the right time, either removing a potential blocker to my fliers, sending away a bomb, or nerfing combat phases against Exalted.dec

Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

I've seen angels fall from blinding heights. But you yourself are nothing so divine. Just next in line.

191752181 wrote:
All I'm saying is, I don't really see how she goes around petrifying swords and boots and especially mirrors. How the heck does she beat a Panoptic Mirror? It makes no sense for artifacts either. Or enchantments, for that matter. "Well, you see, Jimmy cast this spell to flood the mountain, but then the gorgon just looked at the water really hard and it went away."