DLCR: Vile Rebirth

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays M13 card to rate is...

Vile Rebirth

Show

5.0: First pick no matter what pack.
4.5: First pick pack 1.
4.0: I will strongly consider playing this as the only card of its color.
3.5: I feel a strong pull into this card’s color.
3.0: This card makes me want to play this color.
2.5: Several cards of this power level start to pull me to this color.
2.0: Should generally make the deck if in this color.
1.5: Decent filler.
1.0: 23rd card if you have to.
0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in.
0.0: I will never put this card into my deck (main deck or after sideboarding).

This card is alright.  I don't like maindecking it but if I need a 22nd-23rd card it's not the worst option ever.

Discuss! 
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
0.5-1.0. I don't really like this card at all. It's so unreliable compared to Walking Corpse. Sure you can "get" your opponent if they have graveyard recursion or they make a weird attack, but that's why it doesn't get a zero, and it's always a bear late game at least.

I tried drafting this once.  Once.  It just doesn't work out as well as you think.
Tolkein was a jerk. Seriously, what DM sends 9 Wraith Lords at a Lvl 2 party of Halflings. The only 'correct' way to play D&D is by whatever method is making the group you have at that session, have the most fun.
1/3 I think this may have a bit more value with Populate if you are simply trying to just outnumber and overrun someone. But who knows, I'm by no means an expert or advanced player. I just try to find some kind of good out of anything, except for Chimney Imp. That card should never have been made.
1/3 I think this may have a bit more value with Populate if you are simply trying to just outnumber and overrun someone. But who knows, I'm by no means an expert or advanced player. I just try to find some kind of good out of anything, except for Chimney Imp. That card should never have been made.

You draft M13 with RTR?

And at least Imp's effect is good.

You draft M13 with RTR?

And at least Imp's effect is good.

It was also a flying body, so there is that.  I'm still not entirely certain how they justify CMC 5 though, and even in limited it'd be a rough 23rd spot to say the least.  Still, I'd rather have an (overcosted) flier over straight chaffe.  
its late [smiley:crazy] , i misread the beginning of the post, I thought just overall rate. I fail, shun me []
I'll say 1 here.
1.5. When it works, it's a 2/2 with flash.
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
We try to maintain the illusion that Magic cards are written in English.
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
Hell, if they steal from us, we'd be honored.
oh my god, AWESOME! Then changing the Slivers was your idea! haha lol
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]

This card RARELY ever has a creature to exile on turn 2 when it'd be ideal to cast it.

I sometimes find that it can be a nice trick against an extremely aggressive deck as it does trade with a few things.

Sign In to post comments