Return to Ravnica and the Clans

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have notcied that all of the guilds that were in the previous Ravnica block are all in this new block except one.....the Gruul Clan. What happened to that clan for it not to be in this set block?
Return to Ravnica focuses on five out of the ten guilds: Selesnya, Izzet, Rakdos, Azorius and Golgari.  These five guilds each got a new mechanic.  The next set, Gatecrash, will focus on the other five:  Boros, Dimir, Simic, Orzhov and yes, Gruul.  Each will have a new mechanic.

All of the guilds, though,  are mentioned here and there in the flavor text of Return to Ravnica.

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

I'd also point out that "clans" are a lower level of organization than guilds. Like the Ordruun minotaurs and the Wojek of the Boros.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

When is the Gatecrash set due out?
When is the Gatecrash set due out?

3 Months. New set every 3 months, like clockwork.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

Sign In to post comments