Sorcerycycling
Instantcycling
1/1

good or no? add haste? 2/1?

Have a bonus:

Black Common Riddle
Instant - Riddle
Counter target spell.
If Black Common Riddle was answered, that spell’s controller loses 5 life instead.
No haste. It is good as it is.

Black Common Riddle is a good name. And also I like the effect. You need to put Flavour Text on some of these bad boys.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
The first guy is very overpowered. Being an uncounterable tutor for instants or sorceries. And can even be a dude if you need it.

I somehow dislike that the sorcerycycling can be used at instant speed. 
How to Autocard
card: [c]cardname[/c]-> [c]Vampire Nighthawk[/c] -> Vampire Nighthawk
It's not uncounterable. My set cares a lot about abilities being activated to answer riddles and such, so there should be a few activated ability counters. I was sort of comparing to that tutor with flashback, but it might be a bit op...
Itzáchi Something
Creature - Elemental Shaman {R}
Sorcerycycling
Instantcycling
1/1

good or no? add haste? 2/1?

No. You shouldn't do typecycling on type, just on subtype, e.g. mountaincycling.

Also, answer has no rules meaning. For an instant, an answer is a counter.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Do you ever say anything helpful? (A riddle is answered if a player cast a spell or activated an non-mana ability while it was on the stack) I'll start posting this again.

No. You shouldn't do typecycling on type, just on subtype, e.g. mountaincycling.

Basic landcycling?

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

Basic landcycling?

That is a supertype + a cardtype.

[c]Mystical Teachings[/C].

Teachings is the closest comparison to Itzáchi Something but the cards are quite different from each other, so it is hard to compare. I think that a tutor effect would have to cost at least 4 mana with this much utility, at that cost you can also make the body reasonable, maybe:

Itzáchi Something :R:
Creature - Elemental
Haste
Sorcerycycling , activate this ability only anytime you could cast a sorcery.
Instantcycling
2/1 
How to Autocard
card: [c]cardname[/c]-> [c]Vampire Nighthawk[/c] -> Vampire Nighthawk
That bugs me because it's part of a cycle. Green has creature, blue has artifact, white has enchantment, and black has gravecycling. Grave could probably be pushed to 2BB, but the rest seem pretty on cost considering how powerful idyllc tutor and fabricate are. I suppose I can push them to 2CC and up the bodies too :/
Artifactcycling terrifies me.

Please tell me it at least costs like :U::U: 
Fabricate oh noez.
Edit: I would probably put them at 2CC, just because instant uncounterable.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Fabricate oh noez.
Edit: I would probably put them at 2CC, just because instant uncounterable.

They aren't uncounterable, just mostly :P But you have a point
Isn't it basically Mystical Tutor that can't be countered? And costs slightly more because it puts to hand and it can be a dude if it needs?
Nothing really matters.
Anyone can see.
It can be countered :I, and costing more than 1 is important. For four you get any card and that sucks.
It can be countered :I, and costing more than 1 is important. For four you get any card and that sucks.

Diabolic Tutor can be countered by the majority of cards, plus the added versatility of your card warrants a higher cost.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

I think that if you were to play this in an even remotely dedicated deck, it would be a superstar. As much as you say that in your set you can counter this sort of stuff, the vast majority of cards can't interact with it, making either the advantage really relevant, or forcing everyone to run Stifles all the time.
Nothing really matters.
Anyone can see.
I don't think it's an issue.  Yes, it's uncounterable.  But it doesn't actually affect the board state, or even give you card advantage.  You still need to actually cast the instant or sorcery you found for it to accomplish anything.
The World of Eldangard - a three act M:tG block by Fallingman Eldangard Stormfront Ragnarok
Yes, that's what tutors do.
This just happens to be a very efficient one, possibly verging on the overpowered, on account of flexibility and uncounterability.
Nothing really matters.
Anyone can see.
Flexibility is very good.  Instant-speed is very good.  Uncounterability... when will that matter?  The spell they searched for most likely can be countered, for much the same effect.
The World of Eldangard - a three act M:tG block by Fallingman Eldangard Stormfront Ragnarok
Flexibility is very good.  Instant-speed is very good.  Uncounterability... when will that matter?  The spell they searched for most likely can be countered, for much the same effect.

Not only that, you never counter the tutor. Ever. I play Vintage, and you always let Demonic Tutor slide and counter the Ad Nauseam they found with it. It's essentially the same thing, except you lower the odds of them peeling the card they wanted anyway, and you get a huge tempo boost because they spent more mana.  
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
Uncounterability is very dependant on deck, metagame and situation. At the very worst it's irrelevant, but it's easy to imagine situations where it is important.
Nothing really matters.
Anyone can see.
Sign In to post comments