[nmr] Itzáchi dude

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
Itzáchi Something
Creature - Elemental Shaman {R}
Sorcerycycling
Instantcycling
1/1

good or no? add haste? 2/1?

Have a bonus:

Black Common Riddle
Instant - Riddle
Counter target spell.
If Black Common Riddle was answered, that spell’s controller loses 5 life instead.
No haste. It is good as it is.

Black Common Riddle is a good name. And also I like the effect. You need to put Flavour Text on some of these bad boys.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
The first guy is very overpowered. Being an uncounterable tutor for instants or sorceries. And can even be a dude if you need it.

I somehow dislike that the sorcerycycling can be used at instant speed. 
How to Autocard
card: [c]cardname[/c]-> [c]Vampire Nighthawk[/c] -> Vampire Nighthawk
It's not uncounterable. My set cares a lot about abilities being activated to answer riddles and such, so there should be a few activated ability counters. I was sort of comparing to that tutor with flashback, but it might be a bit op...
Itzáchi Something
Creature - Elemental Shaman {R}
Sorcerycycling
Instantcycling
1/1

good or no? add haste? 2/1?



No. You shouldn't do typecycling on type, just on subtype, e.g. mountaincycling.

Also, answer has no rules meaning. For an instant, an answer is a counter.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Do you ever say anything helpful? (A riddle is answered if a player cast a spell or activated an non-mana ability while it was on the stack) I'll start posting this again.

No. You shouldn't do typecycling on type, just on subtype, e.g. mountaincycling.


Basic landcycling?

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.


No. You shouldn't do typecycling on type, just on subtype, e.g. mountaincycling.


Basic landcycling?



That is a supertype + a cardtype.

[c]Mystical Teachings[/C].

Teachings is the closest comparison to Itzáchi Something but the cards are quite different from each other, so it is hard to compare. I think that a tutor effect would have to cost at least 4 mana with this much utility, at that cost you can also make the body reasonable, maybe:

Itzáchi Something :R:
Creature - Elemental
Haste
Sorcerycycling , activate this ability only anytime you could cast a sorcery.
Instantcycling
2/1 
How to Autocard
card: [c]cardname[/c]-> [c]Vampire Nighthawk[/c] -> Vampire Nighthawk
That bugs me because it's part of a cycle. Green has creature, blue has artifact, white has enchantment, and black has gravecycling. Grave could probably be pushed to 2BB, but the rest seem pretty on cost considering how powerful idyllc tutor and fabricate are. I suppose I can push them to 2CC and up the bodies too :/
Artifactcycling terrifies me.

Please tell me it at least costs like :U::U: 
Fabricate oh noez.
Edit: I would probably put them at 2CC, just because instant uncounterable.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Fabricate oh noez.
Edit: I would probably put them at 2CC, just because instant uncounterable.



They aren't uncounterable, just mostly :P But you have a point
Isn't it basically Mystical Tutor that can't be countered? And costs slightly more because it puts to hand and it can be a dude if it needs?
Nothing really matters.
Anyone can see.
It can be countered :I, and costing more than 1 is important. For four you get any card and that sucks.
It can be countered :I, and costing more than 1 is important. For four you get any card and that sucks.

Diabolic Tutor can be countered by the majority of cards, plus the added versatility of your card warrants a higher cost.
Embrace imagination. Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block
More
Each of its nine tails is imbued with supernatural power, and it can live for a thousand years. My Standard deck: Setting Sun
108516289 wrote:
Think of how Neo couldn't beat the robots, but they kept him around anyways to defeat Agent Smith. Sure, the robots might not like having a Neo running rampant because instead of playing their favorite 4 drop fatty robot, they have to play a bunch of one mana Matrixs to contain him, but at least Neo keeps Agent Smith from reanimating an Iona on turn two.
139359831 wrote:
Are you saying I'm trying to blame my loss on something? I don't care that I lost, I care that he's a sore loser, and a cheater, and a liar.
144902215 wrote:
CKY, are you bad at anything?
144902215 wrote:
I really enjoy imagining this from Kevin's perspective. Because in Kevin's world, Rosewater actually reads everything he types. Mark is sitting there right now, reading this, and thinking "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled. . ." Or some such. He chuckles low, then clicks on "The Best Of KEVINSET" and says "Yes, this'll do just fine. A busty lady with banding who deals direct damage to Zones!? Why this will be the star of my next set, and no one will ever believe you Kevin." Then he closes his Macbook, so his servant may move it out of the way, while another servant puts a Fetal Richard Garfield Clone lathered in Steak Sauce in front of him. Then Mark Feasts. I mean, In KevinWorld, Mark is reading the very words I'm typing as well. Heck, in KevinWorld maybe I am Mark.
99964981 wrote:
I'm beginning to think CKY may be anime in real life...
57150868 wrote:
Don't go anywhere CKY, I need to crash dramatically through your window and propose marriage and I don't want you throwing off my paradrop.
63588923 wrote:
[In response to a thread about how hard grading is] Upon reading this, I've found myself completely unable to operate in the world. I tried to decide what to eat for breakfast, and pondered the vast consequences of my choice. How do I balance my dietary needs against my desire to eat good-tasting food? Should I factor in how long it takes to prepare? Cereal is ready in moments, but bacon takes longer to cook. Then there is the impact on other industries. Do people in the cereal industry deserve to be employed more than people in the bacon industry? Which industry should I support? I don't even have the data regarding HOW MUCH the cereal industry benefits from me eating a bowl of cereal, or how much the bacon industry benefits from me eating a side of bacon. How can I compare two qualities I can't even quantify? And let's not forget the milk on the cereal. In addition to determining whether or not milk is healthy for me, how much that benefits the milk industry, and how much the people in the milk industry deserve my support, we have to factor in the fact that cows are put under brutal conditions in order to collect thier milk. Of course, the same goes for the pigs, and then they get killed. Of course, I really like bacon. So I need to come up with a scale that compares the value of cow happiness to pig happiness to my happiness. What trade-offs am I willing to make here? Does the fact that the pig gets put out of its misery count as a plus or a minus? Isn't bacon bad for me anyway? Deciding what to eat for breakfast (or any meal) is impossible. Help me!
104339228 wrote:
I must admit chinkeeyong, you have the most interesting character ideas; and you play them well.
144902215 wrote:
Anyway, you'd be surprised about Time Stop. When I first saw that card as a relatively new player I didn't see its full potential until I read the reminder text. Is it that unintuitive, though? Mine I mean. What is possibility? Is it possible for me to type these words with my tusks? No, because I don't have tusks. Although I am now tempted to go buy some - obviously not from poachers or whatever - and use them as typing apparatus. I could be the best secretary ever. "What's your words per minute sir?" "Well, only six, but I use these tusks to type them." "You're hired!" That was the interview. And is anyone else disappointed that "apparati" is not the plural form of apparatus? I just could strangle a dictionary, because "apparatuses" is a real word. I guess it sounds pretty cool. I'll call them my Apparatusks.
I think that if you were to play this in an even remotely dedicated deck, it would be a superstar. As much as you say that in your set you can counter this sort of stuff, the vast majority of cards can't interact with it, making either the advantage really relevant, or forcing everyone to run Stifles all the time.
Nothing really matters.
Anyone can see.
I don't think it's an issue.  Yes, it's uncounterable.  But it doesn't actually affect the board state, or even give you card advantage.  You still need to actually cast the instant or sorcery you found for it to accomplish anything.
The World of Eldangard - a three act M:tG block by Fallingman Eldangard Stormfront Ragnarok
Yes, that's what tutors do.
This just happens to be a very efficient one, possibly verging on the overpowered, on account of flexibility and uncounterability.
Nothing really matters.
Anyone can see.
Flexibility is very good.  Instant-speed is very good.  Uncounterability... when will that matter?  The spell they searched for most likely can be countered, for much the same effect.
The World of Eldangard - a three act M:tG block by Fallingman Eldangard Stormfront Ragnarok
Flexibility is very good.  Instant-speed is very good.  Uncounterability... when will that matter?  The spell they searched for most likely can be countered, for much the same effect.



Not only that, you never counter the tutor. Ever. I play Vintage, and you always let Demonic Tutor slide and counter the Ad Nauseam they found with it. It's essentially the same thing, except you lower the odds of them peeling the card they wanted anyway, and you get a huge tempo boost because they spent more mana.  
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
Uncounterability is very dependant on deck, metagame and situation. At the very worst it's irrelevant, but it's easy to imagine situations where it is important.
Nothing really matters.
Anyone can see.