TX, Dallas - New Forgotten Realms Campaign

7 posts / 0 new
Last post

Having just moved the family to Texas about 2 months back I am looking to form a group to tackle what I hope will be a long term campaign. I plan to setup in the Forgotten Realms, at least to start with, and utilize a combination of Pathfinder rules with some FR specific D&D additions and modifications. I am not big on the rules, and could care less if you haven't played before (sometimes that's more fun), I would just like to find a few reliable and interested players. I tend to focus more on storytelling and character development as opposed to combat, but the game goes where the players take it, just remember "Caveat Emptor".

I am located at the NW corner of Garland, minutes from the George Bush, and so right near Dallas, Plano, and Richardson. I'd like to start out slowly, once a month or perhaps once per 3 weeks, on a Friday evening. If you have time and interest please let me know ASAP so we can talk details and logistics.

Hey Solar4lare,

I don't know where to begin.  I live in the Shreveport, LA area right now, but I'm moving to Garland on Sunday to attend the mortuary college in Dallas.  

I'm a bit older (32) and haven't played in several years other than a brief period 3 years ago when me and my gf at the time played 3rd ed with another couple.  Other than that my experience is limited to 2e (mainly Spelljammer and Al-Qadim).  Good Lord that makes me feel old lol. I thought 3rd ed was waaaaay better than 2nd, though I've heard bad and good about 4th (never was into using minis).  I prefer playing humans and gravitate toward the martial classes like fighter and barbarian.

Anyways, I just wanted to touch base.  I don't really know anybody in the Dallas area other than family (I will be living with my Aunt while attending school).  I don't know how busy I will be with mortuary college, but I don't see a Friday evening every 3-4 weeks being a problem.  I might not have internet for maybe a week so don't despair if it takes me a little while to get back to you.

Sincerely,

Daniel Waters    
Hi Daniel. I wrote a reply to your private message. Thanks for reaching out, it's been exceedingly difficult meeting new people here, at least thus far. Glad to hear from you.
Hello,  Im a bit older and farther away but am looking for a game.  Im in Hillsboro and have a small group now but things are starting to unravel.  Some are moving away, one is a father now and my youngest player has been introduced to the female anatomy.  

Im 36,  Male, Dwarf,  Oh...No wait.....Wrong stats....Human.  Where about in Dallas are you?   
Hey solar4lare,

I'm 30yo male in Richardson, fairly close to your neck of the woods. I haven't played DnD since 3.5 first came out but would like to get back into it. If you are still looking for more for your group please let me know.

Hope to hear from you soon!
Hey guys I am a 20 year old newbie. I live in carrollton right next to George bush.
I hope y'all haven't started yet because me and few friends are really wanting to get into it and would love to play a real game.
I have played a few of the encounters at random shops but would really like to do the full blown version. 

you can text me at 972-821-1249 To get in touch with me fast. 
Hey. Im 17 an i play with 3 friend of mine in irving. We play 3rd edition, and were fairly strict on the rules, but not as strict as some. Our only rule is: DM makes the rules. That being said, whichever one of us is DMing usually sticks pretty close to the book anyway. If that sounds like a playing style you would enjoy, hit me up! Weve been playing in our own worlds lately but considering picking up Forgotten Realms and starting a campaign there.