G/W goodstuff

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Looking for help with my G/W deck.  Have about half of it nailed so far, so looking for help rounding out the card base

Basically I'm unsure what to do around the 2 drop area, or if there's any other removal or useful spells to include in G/W as well as the sideboard.

With 8 mana dorks I doubt you even need a two drop. When I run that many I mulligan until I can play a dork on turn one and ramp into a three drop for turn two. Sunch as the Loxodon.

Acidic Slime is a good sideboard card.

"You wouldn't like me when I'm angry. I always back up my arguements with facts and documented sources." - The Credible Hulk
So after some more testing this is the full 75 I'm running currently.  Still trying to tweak it a bit, and would appreciate any feedback.  The TCGplayer qualifier is coming to town nov 23rd, so I'm trying to get a decent decklist going by then.

Lands:
4x Sunpetal Grove
4x Temple Garden
10x Forest
5x Plains
2x Gavony Township

Creatures:
4x Avacyn's Pilgrim
4x Arbor Elf
3x Loxodon Smiter
2x Fiend Hunter
4x Restoration Angel
4x Thragtusk
2x Armada Wurm

Spells:
4x Oblivion Ring
4x Rancor
3x Cloudshift
3x Selesnya Charm

Sideboard
3x Sundering Growth
3x Acidic Slime
3x Rest in Peace
2x Fiend Hunter
4x Ghost Quarter
Cards you can still consider are soul of the harvest and conjurors closest. They give such heavy draw power but see you are going more speed than late game. I used to play a very similar deck but there are so many removlals to get rid of dorks that the speed you build can be gone instanlty. Then i switched to farseek, lair delves, and rangers path and i like it so much more. You can take that early aggression from speedy decks and then gain all the health back with thragtusks and cloudshifts.

just giving you extra options that have worked for me. Made top 4 easily even against the snapcasters and titans.  
Your runninf a green creature based deck without rancor??? Turn 3 luxi swing 6 trample seems really good also consider strangleroot giest and call of the conclave

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg)

rwu
Consider cutting some angels for Conjurer's Closet and Parallel Lives both of which would work well in this deck
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/12.jpg)

What do I see you ask? I see dead people, all of them burned to a crisp... I was bored.
triumph of ferocity could be a pretty reliable spell in this deck for some card draw.

I also suggest swapping the ghost quarters out of your sideboard for more useful spells.  Maybe knight of glory or elite inquisitors to skew the zombie matchups in your favor.
I like the knight of glory idea.  The ghost quarters were mostly in the SB because I couldn't think of what else to pop in there.
Elite Inquisitor would be better as not all zombies are black, and they are also immune to vampires which a lot of people (as far as I know) try to incorperate into aggro decks
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/12.jpg)

What do I see you ask? I see dead people, all of them burned to a crisp... I was bored.