[GTC] Keyrune Pictures

31 posts / 0 new
Last post
Didn't see this posted before -

From www.mythicspoiler.com/gtc/guilds.html

Thanks to MTGSalvation for this information.

Discuss.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
Looks like the Boros one transforms into Iron Man. XD

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
I'm guessing they transform into a Soldier, Spirit, Beast, Squid and Thrull respectively.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

Well if the Gruul one doesn't turn into Blanka from Street Fighter I'm going to be SUPER disappointed. 
these are awesome, Glare. 

Calling the orzhov one to be a 2/1 flying lifelink.

the dimir one has... Shades? @_@ Squirtle squad shades, at that.

i dunno about simic being squid though. My first though was krakens but then I remember slugs being in the set... how about snails?
Eh.
Time for Speculation

Boros - 1/2 Soldier with Double Strike
Dimir - 1/1 Spirit with Flying and "When ~ deals combat damage to a player, that player puts the top three cards of her library into her graveyard."
Gruul - 3/2 Rhino with Trample
Simic -  2/2 Kraken with Hexproof
Orhov - 1/1 Skeleton Creature with Flying and Deathtouch

(I'm assuming all of these will be wrong). 
Boros - Double Striking Soldier
Dimir - Unblockable Spirit
Gruul - Ogre with Trample
Simic - Octopus with Hexproof
Orzhov - Thrull with Lifelink
IMAGE(http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p268/TsengFox/20804.jpg)
I can't see the Orzhov one being skeletons.  They don't use Zombies (Golgari) or Skeletons (Dimir).  It'll be a Thrull.
Could be a bat or spirit too
Very true.  The Keyrune 'head' doesn't look like a Bat I think.  Non-Council spirits don't seem to wear the Mask.
Very true.  The Keyrune 'head' doesn't look like a Bat I think.  Non-Council spirits don't seem to wear the Mask.

Orzhov will probably be a gargoyle. It looks pretty close to Shrieking Grotesque even.
Orzhov will probably be a gargoyle. It looks pretty close to Shrieking Grotesque even.

I like this idea... 3/3 with Flying and Defender? Could help play into the Defender theme too.
I was away from the game during the original Ravnica block, but did Orzhov ever use Thrulls?  I thought they were a remnant of the Fallen Empires/Homelands days.

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

I was away from the game during the original Ravnica block, but did Orzhov ever use Thrulls?  I thought they were a remnant of the Fallen Empires/Homelands days.

They actually had quite a few thrulls.
Well then...I didn't know that.

I also wanted to say how much I love the Gruul one, and how much it stands out as being crude and barely held together.  I almost hope that it'll be  like Darksteel Relic.  It'll be non-functional because some dumb ogre broke it.

I called the Boros Keyrune being a Soldier and Orzhov Keyrune being a Thrull in the Gatecrash speculation topic. The Simic Keyrune looks nothing like a Frog, however, so I probably blew that one. The Gruul Keyrune looks almost like a Rhox and seems a bit too humanoid to be a Beast, and I'm not sure what the Dimir Keyrune is supposed to be.

Here's a list of Thrulls from Ravnica for the curious:

Absolver Thrull
Exhumer Thrull
Ostiary Thrull
Mourning Thrull
Rakdos Ickspitter

Oh my God the Dimir one is so beautiful I am in love irl

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Maybe a Merfolk for the Simic one? 
My forum good deeds. Fortunately, left unpunished:
Show
"Incidentally, everytime you post in of these (mine or anyone else's) you have really great advice." -Tigerguy786 "Thanks Stop-Whining, your suggestions have been gold." -RedRollinS "You are probably the best person who has explained a certain concept to me so far, thank you VERY much for the information, it helps me out a ton. I can't wait to play this deck and use some cards for a deck of my own. Cheers!" -SpaceLincoln "In short, you good sir, are made of win advice. And I am actually going to be taking pretty much all of it." -jeremyc13
I think the Boros one will be a Knight instead of a Soldier.  The top/head looks like a helmet, which strikes me as more Knight-ish.

Yeah, but the helmet reminds me of boros swiftblade, which i think was a soldier
My guesses based on the art are:

Orzhov Keyrune
Artifact
: Add or to your mana pool.
: ~ becomes a 2/2 white and black Thrull artifact creature with lifelink until end of turn.

Dimir Keyrune
Artifact
: ~ becomes a 1/3 blue and black Spirit artifact creature with "this creature is unblockable" until end of turn.

Gruul Keyrune
Artifact
: ~ becomes a 3/2 red and green Berserker artifact creature with trample until end of turn.

Boros Keyrune
Artifact
: ~ becomes a 1/2 red and white Soldier artifact creature with double strike until end of turn.

Simic Keyrune
Artifact
: ~ becomes a 2/2 green and blue Mutant artifact creature until end of turn.
Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control.

Simic reminds me of Alien. 

What about a Cephalid? Cephalid Looter
Fear Of The Dark, Fear Of The Dark, I Have A Constant Fear That Something's Always Near; Fear Of The Dark, Fear Of The Dark, I Have A Phobia That Someone's Always There- Iron Maiden Fear of the Dark shall be feared no longer! Let him be praised instead! (Many, many thanks for all your hard work!) - darkwarlock I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.
Check out my DnD blog! www.artificersintuition.blogspot.com

What about a Cephalid? Cephalid Looter

Maro has said not to expect Cephalids to return anytime soon. They were only created to replace Merfolk for a block after all and well, Gatecrash will have Merfolk in it.
The Orzhov one is a Thrull. Guaranteed.
It's got a little gold mask like Orzhov trulls actually wear.

Why does everyone think the Knight is a doublestriker?

2/2 Firststrike

I think the Simic will have a huge ass and Hexproof.

1/4 Hexproof?
Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
Why does everyone think the Knight is a doublestriker?

2/2 Firststrike

I think the Simic will have a huge ass and Hexproof.

1/4 Hexproof?

Not that it rules out repeating the ability, but Rakdos Keyrune already has first strike. The next most sensible thing for Boros is probably double strike. I could also see lifelink, maybe.
First of all, not necessarily a Knight. Soldier seems just as likely if not moreso. Secondly, Rakdos Keyrune already gets first strike and I at least would rather they not reuse abilities within a megacycle. Third, red and white are as well known for double strike as they are for first strike, and just as Selesnya has Watchwolf to provide the basis for their keyrune, Boros has a creature that could work quite well for a keyrune basis, Boros Swiftblade.

I think Boros Swiftblade as the source material like Watchwolf is fairly likely.

Orzhov is a thrull, my guess is 2/2 lifelink.

Gruul is possibly something like a 3/1 trample or 3/2 trample or maybe even 4/1 trample, and either a Rhino or a Beast.

Simic looks like a Kraken Hatchling to me, so I'm thinking 1/4 or something like that, and either hexproof or Islandwalk.

Spirit seems unlikely for Dimir, to my mind, I think it looks more like a Horror. Unblockable is likely, similar to Creeping Tar Pit perhaps. 
Has Dimir used a lot of horrors?

Actually, based on the possibilities of the Boros and Gruul Keyrunes being a Soldier and Warrior respectively, Dimir Keyrune could be a Rogue, which is perhaps the type most appropriate for the Dimir.

I'm still thinking Simic Keyrune is a Mutant. That's a type that was very relevent to Simic in Ravnica and just because their mechanics have changed doesn't mean that isn't still the case.

Wait...could the Gruul Keyrune be a Viashino?

Orzhov Keyrune
Artifact
: ~ becomes a 2/2 white and black Thrull artifact creature with lifelink until end of turn.

Dimir Keyrune
Artifact
: ~ becomes a 2/2 blue and black Rogue artifact creature with "this creature is unblockable" until end of turn.

Gruul Keyrune
Artifact
: ~ becomes a 3/2 red and green Berserker artifact creature with trample until end of turn.

Boros Keyrune
Artifact
: ~ becomes a 1/2 red and white Soldier artifact creature with double strike until end of turn.

Simic Keyrune
Artifact
: ~ becomes a 1/3 green and blue Mutant artifact creature until end of turn.
Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control.

Has Dimir used a lot of horrors?

Actually, based on the possibilities of the Boros and Gruul Keyrunes being a Soldier and Warrior respectively, Dimir Keyrune could be a Rogue, which is perhaps the type most appropriate for the Dimir.

I'm still thinking Simic Keyrune is a Mutant. That's a type that was very relevent to Simic in Ravnica and just because their mechanics have changed doesn't mean that isn't still the case.

Wait...could the Gruul Keyrune be a Viashino?

Orzhov Keyrune
Artifact

Dimir Keyrune
Artifact
: ~ becomes a 2/2 blue and black Rogue artifact creature with "this creature is unblockable" until end of turn.

Gruul Keyrune
Artifact

Boros Keyrune
Artifact

Simic Keyrune
Artifact
: ~ becomes a 1/3 green and blue Mutant artifact creature until end of turn.

I don't think Viashino really look like that.

Dimir have had horrors: Mindleech Mass and Netherborn Phalanx (and Hunted Horror); but it's mainly the shape of the staffhead that makes me think Horror. It reminds me of Thought Gouger and Nyxathid. 
Sign In to post comments