Paralyzing Grasp x2
Hover Barrier
Tower Drake
Cancel
Lyev Skynight
Hussar Patrol
Azorios Guildgate
Plains x8 

I came in 5th place winning 3 matches losing one and getting a bye. The MVP cards were definitely Sphere of Protection and Martial Law with honorable mention to Ethereal Armor and Dueling Ace 

Mono Blue Delver in Legacy

Garrin, The Valiant, Noble Cleric of Heironeous

Woah. I'm gonna go ahead and congratulate you because I really feel like that's a bad pool. I like how far you took the Enchantment theme though.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!

Trained Caracal, Sphere of Safety, Ethereal Armor, and Chronic Flooding seem awful.
Security Blockade, Armory Guard, and Cancel feel mediocre.
Crosstown Courier and Doorkeeper don't seem very potent in this deck in particular, but I guess they provide you with early blockers.
Azorius Justicar is good, but it also feels like the deck can't put it to the best use. However the interaction with Steeler of Secrets is nice so I think he's definitely includable.

Honestly I feel like this deck should have underperformed. But perhaps I'm just missing the value of certain cards.

Actually nevermind. Sphere seems alright with Martial Law, double Paralyzing Grasp, and Security Blockade. But you couldn't pay me to play Chronic Flooding and I'd probably only play one Ethereal Armor.
Actually nevermind. Sphere seems alright with Martial Law, double Paralyzing Grasp, and Security Blockade. But you couldn't pay me to play Chronic Flooding and I'd probably only play one Ethereal Armor.

I took a shot at Chronic Flooding during 2HG, but yeah, highly unlikely.
The interaction that made me win so much was getting Martial Law almost every game and Sphere of Protection most games. Between the both of them I was able to steadily whiddle down my opponents Detain was incredibly usefull in slowing the game down.
I had the most trouble taking on other Azorios decks. It was usually a stalemate on the board until I milled my opponents out. 

Sphere does seem pretty bad, but I know from experience that Martial Law is just awesome.
Sphere was good when I was locking down creatures with Paralyzing grasp and Martial law and boosting my creatures with Ethereal armor. Paying X for each attacking creature where X was 4 on average. Made people pull their hair out.

You got 5th with basically a 4-1 record? How is that possible? Did you lose your first match and get paired down after nabbing the bye? 

Maybe I don't "get" Azorius but I don't see how this deck would've performed well consistently enough to have only lost once. Golgari should've been able to take advantage of graveyard shenanigans, Rakdos should've been aggressive enough to get in early damage and dominate with later big creatures and burn, Selesnya should've been able to overrun you or kill the enchantments, and Izzet should've, er, done what Izzet does.

What decks did you play?

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

Beat Selesnya in the first round. Beat Golgari in the second. Got the Bye, Lost to Rackdos and then Milled Azorius to death for the final win.

One of the stores top five regulars was also running azorios and he's the one I beat in the final round. I did poorly with Rakdos today in draft

I did poorly with Rakdos today in draft

Just for the records, can you remember how many/which unleash creatures you had in your deck?  

So you went 2-0, and THEN received a bye?  That seems odd.  Generally, in my experience, only the 0-Xs are eligible for a bye. 

Anyway, I just look at that list and see a lot of things that seem pretty mediocre, like the Sphere, like Ethereal Armor.  I'm glad they worked for you, but I can only imagine that your deck would have been stronger had you played something a little higher impact in their place.

EDIT: I do think the enchantment theme helped you out quite a bit, so maybe I'm off.  Even with the nice enchantment theme you have going, I am just a little underwhelmed.  I'm happy that you were able to pull off a strong record, though.

BTW, I placed fifth in a 12-man draft last Friday, without actually winning a match.  Weird.
With Rakdos I had 9 Unleash cards including two of the split color devil one of the regen zombie and one of the first strike 2/2 red that becomes 3/3

With Rakdos I had 9 Unleash cards including two of the split color devil one of the regen zombie and one of the first strike 2/2 red that becomes 3/3

9 unleash and you did poorly. This tends to verify my original assumption that playing Rakdos, you need a majority of unleash creatures to be efficient.

9/40 means you had in average 2 in your starting hand, and 4 by then end of turn 10, which I believe is not much in an unleash/aggro deck.

9 unleash and you did poorly. This tends to verify my original assumption that playing Rakdos, you need a majority of unleash creatures to be efficient.

9/40 means you had in average 2 in your starting hand, and 4 by then end of turn 10, which I believe is not much in an unleash/aggro deck.

My first Rakdos deck probably didn't even have 9 Unleash cards and I won every game I played. A Rakdos deck's quality is not directly proportional to its Unleach count. I can try and dig out the cards and post the decklist if you want to see it?

Also, there are other factors for doing well than your deck, including but not limited to luck of the draw, pairings, opponent skill level and own skill level (not insinuating anything here btw).

EDIT: It actually had 9 Unleash dudes Embarassed I'll post it in the other thread after class.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
I had my worst sealed game the other day going 1-3.  I don't feel as bad as when I went 2-2, why?  My opponents had better bombs, and a few of them were very skilled, in fact my 3rd opponent used to work in Wizards R&D, and had a better bomb.  The final round I got mana screwed with 18 lands in the deck.

There's just a certin amount of luck in the game, and while in the moment it can be frustrating you have to acknowledge that sometimes you're going to lose matches to factors out of your control.

The difficult part is figuring out if it means you can improve as a player or if you played all the right moves with the best pool you were given.  That's much more difficult to figure out.  (And part of the reason and use of these forums.)
Tolkein was a jerk. Seriously, what DM sends 9 Wraith Lords at a Lvl 2 party of Halflings. The only 'correct' way to play D&D is by whatever method is making the group you have at that session, have the most fun.