One More for Mathset - Imaginary Creatures

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
So I want Imaginary Numbers - but I can't have them, so I'll settle for Imaginary Creatures.

Grizzly Figment
Imaginary Creature - Bear (C)

"You won't even hear his roar."

2/2

Rules for Imaginary Creatures - not formatted well and not finalized:

1. Spells and effects that don't target don't effect Imaginary Creatures.
2. Imaginary Creatures can not interact with combat.
3. Some more?

Thoughts and tips?

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
So it can't attack or block?

I don't get it. 
The World of Eldangard - a three act M:tG block by Fallingman Eldangard Stormfront Ragnarok
Um, yeah. That's right. It can't attack or block, and you can't kill it via Wrath and the like.

Perhaps I should cut Two, and just keep one. Since there isn't a lot of interaction there. I just feel like it could just be a keyword, unless I give it some more rules, and I like the idea of Imaginary Creature as opposed to Creature with Imaginary.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Change to a keyword bro.
Imaginary Bear
Creature - Bear
Imaginary (This creature assigns combat damage equal to the opposite of its power, and dies if it has damage equal to the opposite of its toughness or has non-negative toughness.)
-2/-2
The World of Eldangard - a three act M:tG block by Fallingman Eldangard Stormfront Ragnarok
Nice synergy with Echoing Courage + Echoing Decay..

Shadowfeed Crow
Creature - Bird
Flying
Imaginary (Multiply this creature's power and toughness with -1.)
-1/-2
Shadowfeed Crow
Creature - Bird
Flying
Imaginary (Multiply this creature's power and toughness with -1.)
-1/-2

...We are no longer safe.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

Huh, from Storm Crow jokes? That's not Storm Crow, that's a creature that you're pumping with Grasp Of Darkness and that you're killing with Vines Of Vastwood..
If you want to get pedantic with the math aspect though, multiplying P/T by -1 gets applied before addition and subtraction, so it's functionally the same as having positive P/T to begin with...
That's cool, cats, but wouldn't imaginary be more a i/1.4142135...i?
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
That's cool, cats, but wouldn't imaginary be more a i/1.4142135...i?

I'm scraping this anyway, but out of curiosity, how would one represent that as a card?

139359831 wrote:
Power or toughness change when it's tapped?  Multiplication by i is a 90-degree rotation in the complex plane...

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

Power or toughness change when it's tapped?  Multiplication by i is a 90-degree rotation in the complex plane...

I like this one. Kind of hard to really work as a mechanic though. COmbined with the even-odd power matters though, could be interesting,
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
Last night I had an idea. "They have tapping, flip cards, even double faced, but no turning counter clockwise?" I couldn't think of anything good though.
Last night I had an idea. "They have tapping, flip cards, even double faced, but no turning counter clockwise?" I couldn't think of anything good though.

Q feels underappreciated. 
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
Q is just reverse T, you know what I meant!
Sign In to post comments