The New Elves

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is dedicated to creating an updated version of a competative modern elf deck. With newer potentials such as Mentor of the Meek and Soul of the Harvest being printed, I feel that an update to the old (and banned) Glimpse of Nature and Heritage Druid combo is needed. Below is a sample decklist that is just begging to be improved; so why not take a crack at it?

12 Forest
4 Wooded Bastion
2 Ghost Quarter
1 Pendelhaven
19 Land

4 Elvish Archdruid
4 Arbor Elf
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Heritage Druid
4 Nettle Sentinel
4 Elvish Visionary
2 Soul of the Harvest
2 Mentor of the Meek
1 Craterhoof Behemoth
1 Ranger of Eos
1 Viridian Shaman
1 Eternal Witness
32 Creatures

3 Genesis Wave
4 Chord of Calling
2 Primal Command
9 Other spells

Sideoboard
4 Vengevine
3 Cloudstone Curio
3 Ranger of Eos
2 Acidic Slime
3 Rest in Peace

Lastly, I would like to clarify that I am planning on purchasing this deck soon, and cannot afford sets of either of the green fetchlands (otherwise I would undoubtly be running them). So budget is a bit of a limitation. Thanks in advance for your feedback!
I dislike singles unless the deck is built around them, which seems to be the case here.  However, Why are you using a single Eternal Witness when you could be using a second Ranger of Eos?  You might want to add another Viridian Shaman as well.
I think you can add something like Eldrazi Monument/Akroma's memorial and the green pact since you go off in 1 big turn. At least that's what I was used to seeing in old extended. They'd just pact once or twice to get either infinte mana pieces(druids/sentinels) or the draw engine - Regal Force. I think you MUST replace mentors of the meek and soul of the harvest with Regal Force. This is probably the best card engine for this deck and was widely used(relatively easy to cast/tutorable and  insane with cloudstone curio). 
I dislike singles unless the deck is built around them, which seems to be the case here.  However, Why are you using a single Eternal Witness when you could be using a second Ranger of Eos?  You might want to add another Viridian Shaman as well.

I'm running the one Eternal Witness for the purpose of fetching anything I need from the graveyard such as an additional tutor. For example, If I need a Primal Command and I already have used one, I can either cast a shaman that I drew or I can tutor for it to end up with an extra creature and the Primal Command. Whenever I do draw it I can always use it to grab another tutor or a Heritage Druid that was killed.