Ways to cheat high cost creatures into play

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Looking to revamp my Shards-era bant exalted deck with some of the newer cards. But what I'm seeing that would fit the deck is a lot of very high cost Angels. The Sublime Archangels have already been added . I'm looking for suggestions to get those angels in play before turn 7 or 8, more like turn 5ish.

A little about the deck, without posting the whole thing. Rafiq is my hitter of course, supported with a bunch of exalted dudes and Knight of New Alara and Finest Hour. Format is not important, nor is price. Anything goes. It's a deck that is used in big FFA casual games and plays 4 Wrath of Gods as well.

Any ideas?
In some casual online play, I got creamed by a guy playing cards that instructed you to return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. It might have been an ability of another creature card.
Yeah, there's a lot of that, unfortunately, G/U/W doesn't get a whole lot of it. I've considered Reya Dawnbringer, but again, high cost means it's a ball that takes more time to get rolling, and I'm still left with the challenge of getting the high cost creatures INTO the graveyard playing G/U/W. It's just gonna take some time scouring the card database for something. I'm sure there's an answer that I've brainfarted over.
Blue has plenty of card draw/discard like Thirst for Knowledge or Compulsive Research and white has Resurrection, Breath of Life, False Defeat, or  Defy Death among others. There's even a g/w reanimation spell who's name escapes me.
IMAGE(http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/225/8/9/bloodgift_demon_sig_banner_by_voidelemental-d46gjhm.jpg)
Yeah, been looking at Thirst. It's the trick of what to trim out of the deck to make this stuff fit. I'll probably be ready to post a semi-reworked deck in the casual forum soon and see what kind of feedback I get there. I guess the hope of having the effect on a card that has other uses is wishful thinking. Reya is just such a bull's eye target in my playgroups. I know, Time Walk on a Stick! This is an option...
There's even a g/w reanimation spell who's name escapes me.

Hymn of Rebirth.

By the way, if the goal is to get big creatures onto the battlefield at least by turn five, how about Elvish Piper or Quicksilver Amulet?

Xweetoks = ♥Happiness

Amulet is an good option, but Elvish Piper has a life expectancy of about 3.745 seconds at our table. I guess the artifact isn't as imposing to some ppl. Just hadn't thought about it, thank you. Like I said, lots of brainfart here.
Yeah, been looking at Thirst. It's the trick of what to trim out of the deck to make this stuff fit. I'll probably be ready to post a semi-reworked deck in the casual forum soon and see what kind of feedback I get there. I guess the hope of having the effect on a card that has other uses is wishful thinking. Reya is just such a bull's eye target in my playgroups. I know, Time Walk on a Stick! This is an option...

You could add.
Temporal Mastery. nice extra turn.

I could of told you a dosen things if u wanted to play black.

Green has a nice return all of target card type from your GY to the top of your library for 5cmc, from innistrad block. Creeping Renaissance

Don't forget Cathedral of war.
And if u wanted to play exalted, I'd use homicidal Seclusion

Regrowth

Angelic Renewal

Breath of Life

Those are just a few I pulled from Gatherer.....however, if you're playing green, there's multitudes of ways to get fatties out of your library/hand onto the battlefield quick.
Axebane Guardian
you can run 1-4 of these guys. If you have any exalted defenders, these guys give mana of any color combo equal to the number of defenders you have in play.
Decks
Legacy
Coffee Girl/Super Zero
[deck] 4 Glimpse of Nature 4 Scapegoat 1 Brain Freeze 1 Grapeshot 1 Storm Entity 4 Land Grant 4 Lotus Petal 1 Mox Opal 4 Mox Diamond 4 Temple Garden 1 Breeding Pool 4 Memnite 4 Shield Sphere 4 Phyrexian Walker 4 Ornithopter 4 Crimson Kobolds 4 Kobolds of Kher Keep 4 Crookshank Kobolds 3 Phyrexian Marauder [/deck]
Zubera Chum
[deck] 4 Ember-Fist Zubera 4 Floating-Dream Zubera 4 Silent-Chant Zubera 4 Dripping-Tongue Zubera 4 Ashen-Skin Zubera 1 Honden of Infinite Rage 1 Honden of Cleansing Fire 1 Honden of Life's Web 1 Honden of Night's Reach 1 Honden of Seeing Winds 2 Soul Foundry 4 Pentad Prism 3 Devouring Greed 3 Spawning Pit 4 Mountain 4 Island 4 Plains 4 Swamp 4 Forest 3 Terramorphic Expanse [/deck]
Burn
[deck] 4 Burst Lightning 4 Lightning Bolt 4 Lava Spike 4 Chain Lightning 4 Rift Bolt 4 Incinerate 4 Chain of Plasma 4 Flame Rift 4 Thunderbolt 4 Fireblast 4 Barbarian Ring 16 Mountain [/deck]
Envy
[deck] 4 Shared Fate 4 Serum Powder 4 Manamorphose 4 Elvish Spirit Guide 4 Simian Spirit Guide 4 Rite of Flame 4 Desperate Ritual 4 Pyretic Ritual 4 Seething Song 4 Lotus Petal 4 City of Brass 4 Gemstone Mine 4 Tendo Ice Bridge 4 Shivan Reef 4 Steam Vents [/deck]
Arcane Bin
[deck] 4 Ire of Kaminari 3 Psychic Puppetry 4 Desperate Ritual 3 Dampen Thought 4 Peer Through Depths 4 Sift Through Sands 4 Reach Through Mists 4 Eerie Procession 4 Ideas Unbound 3 Glacial Ray 3 Sensei's Divining Top 4 Lotus Vale 10 Island 6 Mountain [/deck]
Multiplayer Syphon
[deck] 4 Barter in Blood 1 Infest 4 Hideous Laughter 4 Screams from Within 4 Syphon Soul 4 Blood Tithe 4 Syphon Mind 4 Hissing Miasma 4 Twisted Abomination 4 Consume Spirit 2 Exsanguinate 1 Panoptic Mirror 4 Cabal Coffers 1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth 1 Dark Depths 16 Swamp [/deck]
Extended
Elfball
[deck] 4 Heritage Druid 4 Nettle Sentinel 4 Llanowar Elves 4 Elvish Visionary 4 Elvish Promenade 4 Gilt-Leaf Ambush 2 Imperious Perfect 3 Elvish Archdruid 4 Regal Force 2 Manamorphose 2 Roar of the Crowd 2 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn 2 Naturalize 18 Forest 1 Mountain [/deck]
Standard
Liquimelter
[deck] 4 Liquimetal Coating 4 Manic Vandal 4 Oxidda Scrapmelter 4 Tuktuk Scrapper 3 Acidic Slime 3 Hoard-Smelter Dragon 3 Viridian Revel 3 Ancient Stirrings 4 Flame Slash 4 Lightning Bolt 10 Forest 14 Mountain [/deck]
Humans!
[deck] 4 Angel of Glory's Rise 4 Faithless Looting 4 Shattered Perception 4 Wild Guess 3 Mad Prophet 4 Unburial Rites 3 Goldnight Commander 2 Lightning Mauler 3 Fervent Cathar 3 Fiend Hunter 2 Kessig Malcontents 4 Zealous Conscripts 4 Clifftop Retreat 4 Dragonskull Summit 10 Mountain 2 Plains [/deck]
proteus staff,triassic egg, summoner's egg, quicksilver amulet, belbe's portal, cryptic gateway, and probably your best bet birthing pod all fit into any color deck and will reduce the cost of getting big fatties into play.

Magic the Drinking Game rules
here are the rules for MtDG: 1.at the beginning of each players turn that player takes a drink. 2.whenever a permanent you control is placed in a graveyard from play, drink. 3. whenever a spell you play is countered, drink. if the countered spells caster attempts to counter the counter, the loser of the counter battle must drink for a number of seconds for each counterspell that went on the stack. 4. whenever a player "loses life" that player must drink for a number of seconds equal to amount of life lost. (a) if a player would gain life, that player may make another player drink for a number of seconds equal to amount of life gained. 5. if a player puts a card from their library into their graveyard that player drinks for a number of seconds equal to the number of cards placed in graveyard. 6.if a player would discard a card that player drinks for a number of seconds equal to cards discarded. 7. on any coinflip the loser must drink. 8. at the end of each game all players must finish their drink. 9. loser must fetch all drinks/refills for the next game. if playing multiplayer use a**hole heirarchy(president,vp,secretary,treasurer,a**hole) 10. a player who wins 3 consecutive matches may add a "world effect" that affects all players and can not be removed without winning 3 consecutive matches and negating effect. multiple effects stack i.e if person wins 3 games then wins another 3 games both effects that player created stack. 11. ALL cards are legal, including ante cards.

Modern EldraziTron
[deck]

2x all is dust
1x blightsteel colossus
4x blinkmoth nexus
4x chromatic sphere
4x chromatic star
4x eldrazi conscription
1x emrakul, the aeons torn
4x expedition map
1x eye of ugin
4x inkmoth nexus
3x karn, liberated
1x kozilek, butcher of truth
2x mana confluence
2x oblivion stone
4x proteus staff
4x relic of progenitus
1x ulamog, the infinite gyre
4x urza's mine
4x urza's power plant
4x urza's tower
2x wurmcoil engine

[/deck]

Sublime Archangel demands moar Rude Awakening!

Life // Death could work, and cheat creatures into play.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
The Triassic Egg might be just what you're looking for, add some Bringer of the White Dawn and Rings of Brighthearth
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
I don't get why you need to "sneak" a 4 CMC creature...in an exalted deck.
...or reanimating and Piping things... in an exalted deck.

Two words.

IMAGE(http://www.spritestitch.com/forum/images/ranks/rank7mario.gif)
I don't get why you need to "sneak" a 4 CMC creature...in an exalted deck.
...or reanimating and Piping things... in an exalted deck.

Two words.

First off, there are many diff types of exalted decks, they are not all weenie decks...

Second, OK, granted the creatures I mentioned in the OP were 4 CMC creatures, but those aren't the ones I'm talking about cheating in. I was looking for ways to deal with 7 and 8 CMCers.

Taken care of though, I found what I needed and moved on. 

<----- Loser.