Two combat questions

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi!
1) I have Loxodon Hierarch in play and my opponent attacks with creatures with trample. If i block with my creatures and i regenerate them with the Loxodon will the damage from the trample pass to me? Also if the Loxodon blocks and i sacrifice him what happens with the damage from the trample?
 2) My opponent plays Devouring Greed and the Greed makes me lose all my life. In responce i play Angel's Grace. What will happen?
 Thanks!
Hi!

1) I have Loxodon Hierarch in play and my opponent attacks with creatures with trample. If i block with my creatures and i regenerate them with the Loxodon will the damage from the trample pass to me? Also if the Loxodon blocks and i sacrifice him what happens with the damage from the trample?

The attackers will trample over your creatures as normal. The blockers will just survive the damage, they won't "soak" more damage for you this way.

The creature Loxodon blocked will deal full damage to you for having Trample.

2) My opponent plays Devouring Greed and the Greed makes me lose all my life. In responce i play Angel's Grace. What will happen?

You won't lose this turn, but Devouring Greed doesn't cause damage so Angel's Grace won't keep your life at 1. You will reach 0 or less life, and if your life total doesn't come up until the turn ends, you will lose as the next turn starts.

Angel's Grace rulings:

9/25/2006    The last sentence applies only if your life total is being reduced by damage. Other effects or costs (such as "lose 1 life" or "pay 1 life") can reduce your life total below 1 as normal.
9/25/2006 If your life total goes below 1 or you get a tenth poison counter, you will lose the game when this effect wears off.

[<o>]
If i block with my creatures and i regenerate them with the Loxodon will the damage from the trample pass to me?

assuming they are attacking you, yes, but if they were attacking a planeswalker that you control, then they'd trample through to it

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Sign In to post comments