NEW ~PSN 2HG Tournament~ (this time it's for real)

200 posts / 0 new
Last post

>> ROUND 1 <<

>> ROUND 2 <<

I'm going to keep this as simple as possible so that hopefully this can go smoothly.

____

Rules:

1. The number of rounds will depend on the number of teams we have. Each round a team will play a different team in a best of 3 game. Whoever wins the most matches gets a point, but I'll be counting individual match wins as well, so play all 3 matches even if you win/lose the first two.

This way we can have 2 leaderboards, one for overall tournament score and the other for individual match wins and losses.

2. Each person gets 5 random decks each round. I'll make it so that a team gets 10 different decks though, so as not to reduce their options and not have the same deck used twice during the matches. Out of the five decks you get, you have to use 3 different ones, no repeats.

3. Each round will last 1 week. Hopefully the first one will be starting next Monday.

4. If a player leaves (or spends a long enough time without saying anything), they can be replaced. If their partner wants to, and there's no one in the boards available, they can be replaced by someone not from here.

5. People can choose their partners, but if by the time we already have enough players there are people still without a partner, I'll partner them up randomly.

The first round decks will be assigned once the teams are decided.

___

Alright, those are the rules then. So who wants to join? Smile

(please post your PSN name in you post)

List of players:

1. Soratami (ilikethispart)
2. aaronjoncheney
3. Karstien (Von_Carstien)
4. LOGANPL (LOGAN_PL)
5. thelivingcrysus (CRYSUS89)
6. DVestal (Wanderer07)
7. antkour
8. thedevilwuster 
9. Squalltheonly 
10. tripp2300
11. killabkilledb
12. giantsfan2482
13. LegacyRO3
14. DroneOn (zerodrone)
15. EndarSeth
16. eaglenitewillow (EagleNiteWillow1)

Teams & Scores: 

#1 Boros Berserkers
aaronjoncheney + DVestal
1 Round
3 Wins

#2 Dimir Demons
thelivingcrysus + eaglenitewillow
1 Round 
2 Wins

#3 Azorius Avians
Karstien + tripp2300
0 Rounds
1 Win

Golgari Ghouls

Soratami + LOGANPL 
0 Rounds
0 Wins

Rakdos Rats
killabkilledb + thedevilwuster
0 Rounds
0 Wins

Izzet Illusions
antkour + EndarSeth
0 Rounds
0 Wins

Selesnya Saprolings
Squalltheonly + DroneOn
0 Rounds
0 Wins

Orzhov Octopuses 
giantsfan2482 + LegacyRO3
0 Rounds
0 Wins

Im in. I hope the rules are non negotiable, weve all debated them into the ground.

Good luck soritami..
Psn id is: aaronjoncheney
Alright thanks for joining.

And yeah I'm thinking of keeping them as is. It's a pretty straightforward rule set, so I'd guess most people will be ok with it. 
Good call, that was clearly a massive mistake on my part. Good luck soratami, and a quick question. 

Tournament, or League? 
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Well it's set like a league, with every team playing each other. I just called it tournament out of habit.
Excellent, if you have room, i'm in. Probably, have to ask my partner. You be doing the decks yourself? And can we have funny/cheesy team names? Sorry for the questions, just bored. I hate mornings...
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Yeah I'll be doing the decks. I'll use a random number generator do distribute them. And sure, the names thing would be pretty cool.

Your PSN name is Val_Carstien right? 
Yeah I'll be doing the decks. I'll use a random number generator do distribute them. And sure, the names thing would be pretty cool.

Your PSN name is Val_Carstien right? 

Von_Carstien

Close. This monday coming up? The 8th? 

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Yeah, if we have enough people, the first round should begin this monday. That still leaves quite a bit of time for people to join until then.
I'll play.  Wanderer07.

Aaron, let me know if you want to partner again.  If you have a specific partner in mind, that's totally understandable, but obviously, I was fine with getting randomly paired with you before.
I am in for this one. I assume Endarseth will partner up with me. Hopefully he will chime in!  My PSN is antkour. 
I'm in. What? All thar prep for the last on just to not play?

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Forgot. Psn same as forum id

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

I will play, if Crysus wants We could partner up.

PSN: squalltheonly

You said people can't use the same deck twice, but can my partner use a deck I already used? You might want to clarify that rule a lil to maybe "Teams cannot use a deck twice in the same 3 rounds."
im in lets try to keep this drama free psn crysus89 im on most nights after 7 pm and most mornings after 6 am eastern time.
yeah, me and wandered07 will be partners.
You said people can't use the same deck twice, but can my partner use a deck I already used? You might want to clarify that rule a lil to maybe "Teams cannot use a deck twice in the same 3 rounds."

He stated that when he gives teams random decks, there won't be any overlap between the 5 you get and the 5 your partner gets.  So it won't be possible to use a deck in the same round that your partner used previously.

Well Karstien can't play worth a darn without me so I guess I'm in, or he will never stop begging...Tongue Out
Avenger of Zendikar is not game... Got a question as to whether a card without shroud or hexproof is good? Answer is, dies to removal. "Control Slivers"
I like that with 10 decks, most of the "broken" deck combos are available for exploitation.  It leaves players with the option to "be that guy" or not to..lol
killabkilledb

Still want to team up wuster?
I'm in.  I don't have a partner so if you wanna team up, message me.  My PSN is: giantsfan2482
If everyone is cool with that, then of course I'll be your partner.

Show

He stated that when he gives teams random decks, there won't be any overlap between the 5 you get and the 5 your partner gets.  So it won't be possible to use a deck in the same round that your partner used previously.

Yeah that's right.
Well Karstien can't play worth a darn without me so I guess I'm in, or he will never stop begging...

What's your PSN name? Same as your username here?

_

Anyway, we already got 12 people, awesome!

Let's see if we can get to 16 at least, that way there could be 8 teams. Or even to 20, that'd be pretty cool. That way each team's name could be  based on a Ravnica guild, to add some flavor to the whole thing. 

Dibs on the Golgari.

Yeah that's right.
Well Karstien can't play worth a darn without me so I guess I'm in, or he will never stop begging...

_

Let's see if we can get to 16 at least, that way there could be 8 teams. Or even to 20, that'd be pretty cool. That way each team's name could be  based on a Ravnica guild, to add some flavor to the whole thing. 

Dibs on the Golgari.

Azorius!! Though can't we just make our own names, as long as they follow the forum guidelines? 

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White

I know I am a highly sought-after teammate but I'm already spoken for <3 <3 <3

;)
im in. PSN: LegacyRO3
hopefully people dont start acting like queens.

Yeah that's right.

_

Dibs on the Golgari.

Azorius!! Though can't we just make our own names, as long as they follow the forum guidelines? 

Yeah but make it so that it includes that it includes the word Azorius in the name, for example something like Azorius Auramancers, or Army of Azorius, etc.

I know I am a highly sought-after teammate but I'm already spoken for <3 3="" br="">
;)

Now I'm confused. Do you want to partner up or are you saying you have a new partner?

Show

Yeah that's right.

_

Dibs on the Golgari.

Yeah but make it so that it includes that it includes the word Azorius in the name, for example something like Azorius Auramancers, or Army of Azorius, etc.

Personally, I have nothing against that, i'm just concerned my partner might, lol. He isn't an Azorius man...

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White

I know I am a highly sought-after teammate but I'm already spoken for <3 3="" br="">
;)

Now I'm confused. Do you want to partner up or are you saying you have a new partner?

It was a bad joke, apparently. I don't have a new partner. 
Cool, I believe we have a fighting chance.

Show

I'm game (zerodrone).  I'll partner with whoever.  Karstien and aaronjoncheney can attest that I'm not a scrub. 
Also, the best way to avoid drama is to stop saying "Let's not have drama" or "hopefully people won't be queens" or things like that ;)
I'm game (zerodrone).  I'll partner with whoever.  Karstien and aaronjoncheney can attest that I'm not a scrub. 

Umm, i don't believe we've ever played, but I believe you, no worries. 
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White

Umm, i don't believe we've ever played, but I believe you, no worries. 

I just looked, I had you confused with Felbatista.

I'd like to say your not a scrub as well but you never sign in to play me.... Me thinks your scared. Tongue Out
Avenger of Zendikar is not game... Got a question as to whether a card without shroud or hexproof is good? Answer is, dies to removal. "Control Slivers"
That's 14 people. Let's see if we can get 2 more until tomorrow!

And in the meanwhile, can we please go through who the teams are again? Just to make sure there's no confusion.

I'll start - I'll be teaming up with LOGANPL.
I don't have a teammate so if anyone else needs a partner, let me know.
Me, and dvestal are partners
I don't have a teammate so if anyone else needs a partner, let me know.

For the record, I'll randomly team up all unpaired players tomorrow.
Will you be creating a challonge?

Ignore my previosu reponse, it was supposed t be in the other ps3 thread...