Guild feud

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
couple n00b questions about Guild feud
1- what about enter battlefield effects?  they go off befor they fight or does my guy have to still be on the field after for it to go off? i.e. angel of serenity / thragtusk/ armada wurm, etc

2- effects like first strike - double strike etc doesnt effect this "fight" does it?
1. Anything that triggers will need to wait for the Feud trigger to resolve first before they can go on the stack. So first you put the creatures on the battlefield, then you fight, then the triggers are put on the stack. Note that even if one of the creatures loses the fight, their enter the battlefield trigger will still go on the stack and resolve like normal.

2. They do not. First and double strike only matter in combat, not when two creatures fight.

Wizards.Com Boards Net Rep

DCI Level 2 Judge

Questions don't have to make sense, but answers do.

couple n00b questions about Guild feud
1- what about enter battlefield effects?  they go off befor they fight or does my guy have to still be on the field after for it to go off? i.e. angel of serenity / thragtusk/ armada wurm, etc

2- effects like first strike - double strike etc doesnt effect this "fight" does it?

1. the ETB trigger will go the stack and resolve even if the creature dies
2. correct
so say my armada wurm comes out, fights n loses to idk something bigger, dies, THEN I still get the 5/5 token? angel would be weird if it dies cus i would take 3 things then just go back to hand?
Almost correct.

Say your Armada Wurm fights an Axebane Stag.  After Guild Feud finishes resolving SBA will be checked and your Armada Wurm will die due to lethal damage.  It's ETB ability will then be put on the stack awaiting responses.

If your Angel of Serenity fought the Axebane Stag it would be a bit different.  If I'm correct, once Guild Feud finishes resolving, SBA will be checked and the Angel of Serenity would die.  Then both it's ETB and LTB abilities would be put on the stack.  You control them both, so you would choose the order.  You could stack the LTB on top off the ETB so it resolves first, returning nothing, then permanently exile three creatures or creature cards from graveyards.  Not too sure about this though, so confirmation would be helpful.

Cheers

EDIT: If this is correct, you could even stack the ETB first and LTB second and target the Angel of Serenity card in the graveyard with it's own ability to return it to yourt hand.
Almost correct.

If this is correct, you could even stack the ETB first and LTB second and target the Angel of Serenity card in the graveyard with it's own ability to return it to yourt hand.

if you had a second one that might work but it cant target itself. but if you can perm exile 3 dudes thats awesome lol
Almost correct.

If this is correct, you could even stack the ETB first and LTB second and target the Angel of Serenity card in the graveyard with it's own ability to return it to yourt hand.

if you had a second one that might work but it cant target itself. but if you can perm exile 3 dudes thats awesome lol

I think that it would be able to return itself from the graveyard, as it become a new object when it entered the graveyard so it satisfies the 'other' condition.
2- effects like first strike - double strike etc doesnt affect this "fight" does it?

first strike? no
double strike? no
deathtouch? yes
lifelink? yes
infect? yes
wither? yes
flanking? no
vigilance? no
flying? no
hexproof? no
shroud? no
relevant protection? yes
regeneration? no, except for Mossbridge Troll

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013  - If you have any concerns with my conduct as a judge, feel free to submit feedback here.
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

if you had a second one that might work but it cant target itself.

it can't target itself on the battlefield
it can target itself in the graveyard
proud member of the 2011 community team
So both Angel of Serenity scenarios I mentioned are correct?

Cheers
So both Angel of Serenity scenarios I mentioned are correct?

yes, almost

but in the second scenario where you want to get the angel back you have to put the LTB on the stack first so it resolves last

proud member of the 2011 community team
yes, almost

but in the second scenario where you want to get the angel back you have to put the LTB on the stack first so it resolves last

Ah, just realised the dubious wording.  I meant stack them so the ETB resolves first.  I should have been more careful how I wrote that.

Cheers
Sign In to post comments