Journey to Nowhere and equipment.

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
[C]Journey to Nowhere[/C] exiles target creature. Does it also exile any equipment attached to that creature, or does it simply unattach and remain on the battlefield?

Had a slight debate, but decided that since it only targets the creature, the creature "drops" all the equipment it was holding while getting pulled into the void.
This one:
it simply unattach and remain on the battlefield?

all equipment will fall off and simply remain on the battlefield

all auras will be moved to the graveyard
proud member of the 2011 community team
thanks
Could [C]Journey to Nowhere[/C] be used against [C]Emrakul, the Aeons Torn[/C] since it has the same wording as [C]Oblivion Ring[/C] or [C]Fiend Hunter[/C]?

As I gather, it isn't the spell that is targeting the Emrakul, but the ability of the enchantment.
I am Blue/White
Correct.

Could [C]Journey to Nowhere[/C] be used against [C]Emrakul, the Aeons Torn[/C] since it has the same wording as [C]Oblivion Ring[/C] or [C]Fiend Hunter[/C]?

As I gather, it isn't the spell that is targeting the Emrakul, but the ability of the enchantment.

Wait... Emrakul has protection from colored spells...

702.15b A permanent or player with protection can’t be targeted by spells with the stated quality 
and can’t be targeted by abilities from a source with the stated quality.

Since [C]Journey to Nowhere[/C] is a colored spell... and its ability targets... why is Emrakul protected from it? Why is Emrakul NOT protected from it?

(Sorry if this has an obvious answer... Just saw something that didn't make sense to me :P)
when Journey to Nowhere triggers it is a permanent, not a spell
so Emmy's protection does nothing
proud member of the 2011 community team
So its only a spell in your hand, and on the stack.
Once it hits the field, its a permanent? (So a creature is actually a creature permanent on the field, not a creature spell?)
Alright, thanks for the info!

So its only a spell in your hand, and on the stack.
Once it hits the field, its a permanent? (So a creature is actually a creature permanent on the field, not a creature spell?)
Alright, thanks for the info!

In your hand, it was a card. On the stack, a spell.
Spells only exist on the stack. Period.

The source of Journey to Nowhere is a colored permanent, not a colored spell. 

Rules Advisor

Please autocard: [c]Shard Phoenix[/c] = Shard Phoenix.