DLCR: Trumpet Blast

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Another M13 card to rate...

Trumpet Blast

Show

5.0: First pick no matter what pack.
4.5: First pick pack 1.
4.0: I will strongly consider playing this as the only card of its color.
3.5: I feel a strong pull into this card’s color.
3.0: This card makes me want to play this color.
2.5: Several cards of this power level start to pull me to this color.
2.0: Should generally make the deck if in this color.
1.5: Decent filler.
1.0: 23rd card if you have to.
0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in.
0.0: I will never put this card into my deck (main deck or after sideboarding).

I'm not a fan of Trumpet Blast.  I just really dislike that it only hits attacking creatures.  Thankfully they've fixed that problem in Return to Ravnica.

Discuss! 
1-1.5.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
Definitely not a fan. 1.0
I'll go 1.5 on this.

I can't see anyone running more than 1, but in a deck that is on the token plan like W/R this card can pull out a win.  Still, you're going to end up taking this card late, but it can make the main-deck.
Tolkein was a jerk. Seriously, what DM sends 9 Wraith Lords at a Lvl 2 party of Halflings. The only 'correct' way to play D&D is by whatever method is making the group you have at that session, have the most fun.
Usually a 1 but in a weenie rush deck probably a 2.  I have played decks with 2 of these MD and in those types of deck they are immense.

If you're building a well-curved deck, this could easily add 10 damage to an attack. And that's if you hit curve, it doesn't include the above mentioned white weenie deck. I love me some combat tricks. 

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

The other day my pretty bomby RG aggro suffered its only loss to a trumpet blast deck featuring 4x Krenko's Command and 2x Captain's call.Cry 
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
We try to maintain the illusion that Magic cards are written in English.
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
Hell, if they steal from us, we'd be honored.
oh my god, AWESOME! Then changing the Slivers was your idea! haha lol
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]
I'm going to say it is a 1. But it's one of those 1s that's more like 2 in the decks it belongs in and a 0 other places.
Sign In to post comments