U/R Tempo

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Main point of the deck is to get a few small creatures out and pump them, then control board state as i whittle away. Also finish with Niv. Maybe lol

Creatures: 16
4x Guttersnipe
4x Nivmagus Elemental
4x Goblin Electromancer
1x Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius
1x Thundermaw Hellkite
1x Mercurial Chemister
1x Hypersonic Dragon

Instants/Sorceries: 20
3x Syncopate
3x Searing Spear
3x Pillar of Flame
4x Izzet Charm
1x Mizzium Mortars 
4x Think Twice
2x Counterflux  

Artifacts:1
1xIzzet Keyrune

Lands: 23
4x Sulphur Falls
2x Izzet Guildgate
9x Islands
8x Mountains
      ANy suggestions?
Re-edited
Drop the curse for more burn. You're probably running too many counterspells, given that Carern is around. Try Thunderous wrath. I'm guessing money is an issue?
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
We try to maintain the illusion that Magic cards are written in English.
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
Hell, if they steal from us, we'd be honored.
oh my god, AWESOME! Then changing the Slivers was your idea! haha lol
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]
hint, delver and mizzet don't belong in the same deck

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

ok so cut the delvers, bump mizzet to 2 and add in thunderous wrath while cutting 2 syncopates?
i have been running

"The Izzet ShIzzet"

4x delver of secrets
4x nivmagus elemental
4x snapcaster mage
4x stormbound geist
2x talrand, sky summoner

4x dynacharge
4x uncanny speed
4x izzet charm
4x searing spear
3x cyclonic rift
3x mizzium mortars

4x steam vents
4x sulfur falls
4x izzet guildgate
4x evolving wilds
2x mountain
2x island

i dont have a sideboard yet but the only real troublesome deck i have faced so far has been g/w token mostly due to life gain in that combination. u/w follows behind that with oblivion ring and detention sphere and the w/u charm being the monkey wrenches that make these decks more difficult. the rest including mirror matches have ended with me whittling my opponent down before they can get stable with the disruption i run.

some sideboard suggestions would be helpful. as far as the main deck the only flexible spot might be the stormbound geist but guttersnipe is not as effective as one would think it should be in the deck and i would like to keep it a creature in the 1-4cmc range, also niv-mizzet also doesnt seem to want to work as well as the geist, he is slower to get out and often either sat in my hand or would have been a winmore card and unnecessary.

Magic the Drinking Game rules
here are the rules for MtDG: 1.at the beginning of each players turn that player takes a drink. 2.whenever a permanent you control is placed in a graveyard from play, drink. 3. whenever a spell you play is countered, drink. if the countered spells caster attempts to counter the counter, the loser of the counter battle must drink for a number of seconds for each counterspell that went on the stack. 4. whenever a player "loses life" that player must drink for a number of seconds equal to amount of life lost. (a) if a player would gain life, that player may make another player drink for a number of seconds equal to amount of life gained. 5. if a player puts a card from their library into their graveyard that player drinks for a number of seconds equal to the number of cards placed in graveyard. 6.if a player would discard a card that player drinks for a number of seconds equal to cards discarded. 7. on any coinflip the loser must drink. 8. at the end of each game all players must finish their drink. 9. loser must fetch all drinks/refills for the next game. if playing multiplayer use a**hole heirarchy(president,vp,secretary,treasurer,a**hole) 10. a player who wins 3 consecutive matches may add a "world effect" that affects all players and can not be removed without winning 3 consecutive matches and negating effect. multiple effects stack i.e if person wins 3 games then wins another 3 games both effects that player created stack. 11. ALL cards are legal, including ante cards.

Modern EldraziTron
[deck]

2x all is dust
1x blightsteel colossus
4x blinkmoth nexus
4x chromatic sphere
4x chromatic star
4x eldrazi conscription
1x emrakul, the aeons torn
4x expedition map
1x eye of ugin
4x inkmoth nexus
3x karn, liberated
1x kozilek, butcher of truth
2x mana confluence
2x oblivion stone
4x proteus staff
4x relic of progenitus
1x ulamog, the infinite gyre
4x urza's mine
4x urza's power plant
4x urza's tower
2x wurmcoil engine

[/deck]

If you want Delver, you need a top of 15 creatures.
You need some sort of bounce, unsummon is good as is cyclonic rift also, in my opinion, 2 invisible stalker is more than enough. Also you need a way to fill your graveyard. I find thought scour and faithless looting to be more than enough. Niv-Mizzet is cute but really doesn't have a place in this deck. I find a few guttersnipe to be worthwhile as well. Also 3 brimstone volley are good for a potential win con.
ok so i re did the deck and i find now it has alot more synergy and runs really smooth. The dragons and mercurial are really big finishers