Green White Token Gen deck help

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
OK, so I'm building a token generation deck, built around two champions. Champion of Lambholt and Crusader of Odric. One of my main combos is, either of the two aformentioned characters, equiped with Pollenbright Wings, Whispersilk Cloak and Avacyn's Collar. This way I can attack with either champion, get a lot of tokens, do a lot of damage and still be able to block the next turn. What I'm looking for is good token generators along with instances and sorceries that would take advantage of what my deck is meant to do.

Edit: I was also considering throwing in Rhys The Redeemed.

First thing I see is that with a key part of strategy being Pollenbright, you're gonna need some definate mana ramp. I guessing by card choices, there is no specific format to follow?

Both Elspeth and Garruk are excellent planeswalker choices for a token deck. Doubling Season or it's newer variants are good choices obviously. Parallel Evolution and Saproling Symbiosis are good choices. Both Verdeloth the Ancient and Mycoloth are decent, but expensive, token generators. Take advantage of Verdeloth by utilizing Gaea's Cradle and a way to bounce Verdeloth back to your hand Karakas is great, as is Equilibrium. I guess maybe I'm wandering to expensive territory here, so lemme see if I can keep it cheaper...

Elvish Promenade is good if you end up going with mana elves for the ramp, as many token decks that need lots of mana do. Captain of the Watch could lead you in a more soldier oriented direction. Soldier tokens are almost as easy to make as saprolings and elves, and Odric IS a soldier...

Eldrazi Monument and Wrath of God could be fun.

I'll edit as I think of more.
Both Strength in Numbers and Elder of Laurels seem fitting.

Be careful about when you equip the Whispersilk Cloak - Shroud can bite you if not careful.

If you anticipate longer games wherein the participants simply stare at one another while building up massive armies, Vitu-Ghazi, the City-Tree can work for you.

Overrun and Triumph of the Hordes take advantage of your weenie horde - if the weenies are all of the same type, Echoing Courage adds to the ridiculousness of a token deck.

Cheers!
A shout out to Gaming Grounds in Kent, Ohio and Gamers N Geeks in Mobile, Alabama. www.zombiehunters.org for all your preparation needs. http://shtfschool.com/ - why prepping is useful, from one who has been there.
Both Strength in Numbers and Elder of Laurels seem fitting.

Be careful about when you equip the Whispersilk Cloak - Shroud can bite you if not careful.

If you anticipate longer games wherein the participants simply stare at one another while building up massive armies, Vitu-Ghazi, the City-Tree can work for you.

Overrun and Triumph of the Hordes take advantage of your weenie horde - if the weenies are all of the same type, Echoing Courage adds to the ridiculousness of a token deck.

Cheers!

Yeah, I know shroud can bite me in the ass. However, I would only put it on after the creature had pollenbright wings on.

First thing I see is that with a key part of strategy being Pollenbright, you're gonna need some definate mana ramp. I guessing by card choices, there is no specific format to follow?

For mana ramp I have several cards in my deck that tap for mana. One Ranger's Path, one Krosan Verge, two Farseek, two Llanowar Elves, one Avacyn's Pilgrim and two Scorned Villager.
Not a bad start for the mana ramp. MOAR ramp.  
For ramp, Gatecreeper Vine and Axebane Guardian make for a fairly powerful combo, plus they guardian gives any colored mana, not just green.

Another option you might want to think about, instead of Crusader of Odric could be Wayfaring Temple Even without Pollenbright, he still gets you more tokens on the board, though you do have to have at least one token out when he deals damage in order to get more.
I've been tossing the idea of parallel lives (it's inexpensive) tree of redemption, feed the pack and essence warden. The idea is to have parallel lives out swap your life total with the tree and sac it to feed the pack. Lets say you have 18 life on the tree, your total is 13 And 36 tokens are out into play, which (with just one warden) garners you 36 life. Throw a couple of revive In the deck and ideally, you could cycle this so you do it every round after. It's just an idea, but I've priced the cards from local card shops and its pretty cheap too. But I agree with sacrifice. I was gonna splash white for a few captains call and crusaders and Definately odrics crusader. Odric himself would be good because you could attack without your opponent blocking, but, with 36 tokens it won't matter. I do the standard green ramp, elvish archdruids, juraga, arbor and llanowar elves. I throw elvish visionary in for card draw and for fun I put caged sun in and garuks pack leader and soul of the harvest. You choose green and have your tokens come in with a few +1+1 on them and you can draw yourself down. The. With elixir of imortality you just shuffle it back up. It's a big deck, but so far (online anyway) it's a fun overwhelming stompy deck. Sorry for babbling and no auto add. I'm at work and bored.
Another option you might want to think about, instead of Crusader of Odric could be Wayfaring Temple.

I was going to suggest something like this, but the OP did say that his intentions were to build the deck around that card in particular. If the creatures he mentioned are flexible, and he's just looking for a token deck that involves creatures that have P/T equal to his creature total, I'd suggest elves. STUPIDLY easy to make LOTS of them, and you have cards like Heedless One and Jagged-Scar Archers. and as long as you are making the same name tokens, a Alpha Status or 3 wouldn't hurt.
While I am flexible with crusader and champion, I dont want to stick to one type of token. That's the only reason I don't like the headless one. Wayfaring temple would be an awesome addition to the deck, as would any other creatures whose p/t were equal to the amount of creatures I control.
What about snake basket? It's a 4 cost artifact that has an X cost. Pay X and sac it and put that many 1/1 green snakes into play.
I have a casual token deck built around Doubling Season and the Thallids, like Thallid Shell-Dweller and Thallid Germinator. The Seasons are hard to get a hold of, but just using a thallid deck can be fun. The Spore Counters and having a constant, if small, flow of Saprolings can put a lot of wierd, interesting situations on the board. Also, a Grave Pact can help you dominate multiplayer games.

For fun budget casual I would suggest Fists of Ironwood and Bramble Elemental. Both help you begin your token production and the two together are really a havoc.

I would have killed, literally ended someones life, to NOT have Arrogant Bloodlord riding a giant ant... Good times:
Show
but where DID the other fork come from?
Show
Lord_Zed: I was at my friends house when this happened. He's married and his wife was an excellent baker. She had baked a homemade apple pie the night before. I was hungry, and my friend convinced me to try those low carb monster drinks. Before this day, I had never triend energy drinks before. Boy was I in for a treat. When I tried that first monster, I really enjoyed the flavor, but the taste that it left in my mouth wasn't so good. What was my solution? Drink another! before I could finish drinking that 2nd monster, I felt it already kicking in(these drinks were not very far apart, we're talking minutes here) my friend decided that it was a good idea to whip out that fresh pie his wife made the night before. I didn't know what to do, since I felt incredibly invigorated, and at the same time, freaked out by the rush I was feeling, but I was also hungry, and my friend have me an entire plate with a fork and said "help yourself." He extended his saucer to me, and I cut him a piece of the pie and handed it to him, then I looked at the pie, noticed that the pie was in an aluminum holder, and dumped the entire pie onto my plate and started eating it with 2 forks. I don't know where I found that other fork, it probably came from my friend. Anyhow, his wife wasn't happy, and I was already in magical christmas land. 2 days later, I was in my friends bed and I slept for 14 hours. His wife outlawed my from having any of her baked goods for a while(which sucked because I could just show up at there house, steal some sweets, and leave) and said I couldn't have any energy drinks at her house, unless under close watch. My friend, on the other hand, had to take me out to a steak dinner, because apparently I won a bet where I climbed a tree and didn't die.
The great land debate:
Show
97563441 wrote:
Zendikar had fetchlands, and Worldwake had manlands. What are the new Scars duals called?
61325265 wrote:
Explosive Peanut Lightning lands. Well, that's just what I call them.
61325265 wrote:
58232598 wrote:
i'm just trying to figure out what the point of saying this is. it's just really random.
And so the pot met the kettle.
The best G/W token generator is Midnight Guard+Presence of Gond, you could also throw in something like Soul Warden for life gain.