The Stick...

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Has anybody tried putting Research//Development on Isochron? It seems like some split of 9 power/3 cards every turn would be really, really good....
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
i'm pretty sure you can't imprint that card on stick since dev.'s CMC is 5 but I could be wrong and unless you're packing some serious heat in your SB i'd rather imprint a different card
You can imprint a Split card on Scepter as long as one side is an Instant with CMC 2 or less. Then, when activating the Scepter, you can cast either side of the split card.
I don't exactly know how R&D on a stick would be a good idea though since you're increasing your deck size for answers, and you can only use it up to 4 turns anyways given you get 4 cards 3 times and 3 on the 4th. I'd much rather have boomerang, holy day, fog, remand, or any other control card over R/D 
I don't exactly know how R&D on a stick would be a good idea though since you're increasing your deck size for answers, and you can only use it up to 4 turns anyways given you get 4 cards 3 times and 3 on the 4th. I'd much rather have boomerang, holy day, fog, remand, or any other control card over R/D 

I'm not increasing my deck size at all. I'm getting some combination of 0-3 cards drawn and 0-3 3/1 creatures. That seems pretty good for 2 mana a turn.

Cat is right, though, both sides of R&D are pretty bad without the Scepter.  
How do you get 3 cards drawn? It shuffles up to 4 cards from your SB into your library unless I am completely blind...but yeah it could be a benefit to maybe a gifts deck or something but I don't think it'd be worth the mana spent =\
you're not getting creatures at all the cost of development is too high to play on a stick the CMC has to be 2 or less.

nvm I guess I was wrong but still naturalize does wonders   
Like Rmd stated unless you are relying on heavy sideboard action it is not worth it. But there are alot of great cards to put on the stick like Orim's Chant , Geth's Verdict , Ponder and the list goes on and on.
Except that Orim's Chant is not a card you can use in Modern. But that being said you can still use Silence.
Pretty sure Ponder is banned, but the point he's making is still valid.
Pretty sure Ponder is banned, but the point he's making is still valid.

Banned, and a sorcery so it can't go on the Stick. 

And the thread was 3 months old.
Ive found that izzet charm is just about the best stick target, even being able to protect the stick itself outside of abrupt decay.

Decay has made the stick a lot less appealing. Still i think its a powerful enough card to see play somewhere, and the charms are perfect for it. Dimir charm is another great one  
The new Boros Charm looks like a good target, if you're playing some kind of Naya theme.