Oops and ouch.

44 posts / 0 new
Last post
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine
Meh... the VA is a waste of money. We really need to get rid of it and the sub-par services it provides. A private hospital would have provided better care.
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
A private hospital would have provided better care.

Perhaps.
It would be interesting to see if privitizing Veterans care would be cheaper than what we have now, with better services provided.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine

Perhaps.
It would be interesting to see if privitizing Veterans care would be cheaper than what we have now, with better services provided.

No, I mean get rid of veterans care altogether. Let them get health coverage from their new jobs or some other non-government source or pay for it out of pocket. 

Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.

Perhaps.

No, I mean get rid of veterans care altogether. Let them get health coverage from their new jobs or some other non-government source or pay for it out of pocket. 

Sorry no.
I can't get behind that.
I won't throw veterans under the bus.

Perhaps.

Sorry no.
I can't get behind that.

How are you throwing them under the bus? I'm saying we get the verterans to find health insurance and health care that meets their needs in the private market. Seriously, this isn't the first time the VA has messed up some poor guy. You think some government employee knows better than the veteran what his health care needs are?

Are you actually telling me that you want them to stay in a system that is as terrible as the VA? 

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this

Perhaps.

Sorry no.
I can't get behind that.

How are you throwing them under the bus? I'm saying we get the verterans to find health insurance and health care that meets their needs in the private market. Seriously, this isn't the first time the VA has messed up some poor guy. You think some government employee knows better than the veteran what his health care needs are?

Are you actually telling me that you want them to stay in a system that is as terrible as the VA? 

No, but I am saying the gov't (we taxpayers) should still cover the costs.
That's an interesting reversal from your usual position on government spending.
Boraxe wrote: "Knowledge of the rules and creativity are great attributes for a DM, but knowing when to cut loose and when to hold back, when to follow the rules and when to discard them, in order to enhance the enjoyment of the game is the most important DM skill of all." Keeper of the Sacred Kitty Bowl of the House of Trolls. Resident Kitteh-napper.

Why? They volunteered. No one forced them to join the military and go fight. They got paid. Once they are out, they need to get themselves jobs and health coverage. You may as well be advocating that we pay the health care costs of McDonald's employees.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this

I find it amusing how ordinary people can't get the same level defense from RH just for being humans. 

There is a word for that. It is one of RH's favorite words to use. ;)

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Which one is the D word?
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
They volunteered. No one forced them to join the military and go fight. They got paid. Once they are out, they need to get themselves jobs and health coverage. 

Uh, dude, theres still 'Nam vets alive you know, you do know that right?

So yeah, some vets were forced to go, well i mean I guess they could skipped town or whatever, but they were definetly not volunteers.

And Im siding with RH on this one, Vets put their lives on the line for our Country, the least we can do is make sure they get taken care of, they way this country treats its veterans, especially seniors, is shameful, they should be able to go to a real hospital, not the VA one!

But yeah, guy should of known better than to trust his junk with the VA, sad to say, but its true.

I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there

Well, I think this time he's one of the receiving ;)
Motto - Don't Damn Me, Guns N' Roses http://adhadh.deviantart.com/ - my dA page adhadh.png
In Nam they weren't there to defend US citizens. They were there just to make sure Vietnam stayed in the empire.

No, they were there to defend South Vietnam from the vile infection of Communism, you know, that dasterdly and despicable form of gov't you love so much.

Why? They volunteered. No one forced them to join the military and go fight. They got paid. Once they are out, they need to get themselves jobs and health coverage. You may as well be advocating that we pay the health care costs of McDonald's employees.

They are defending this country and the people what live in it, even people like you.
Volunteers or not, they deserve our support.
They are defending this country and the people what live in it, even people like you.

No they're not.
Volunteers or not, they deserve our support.

No they don't. They applied for a job, and they got it. They got paid for their job and got health coverage plus other benefits while they were employed to do that job. Once they are out, they need to get their own coverage like the everyone else. 

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Whatever HS.
I'm not wasting my time arguing with you.
Uh, dude, theres still 'Nam vets alive you know, you do know that right?

So yeah, some vets were forced to go, well i mean I guess they could skipped town or whatever, but they were definetly not volunteers.

They should die off soon. I guess we can make an ecception for them, bu the rest should get their own coverage.

And Im siding with RH on this one, Vets put their lives on the line for our Country, the least we can do is make sure they get taken care of, they way this country treats its veterans, especially seniors, is shameful, they should be able to go to a real hospital, not the VA one!

So what? There are many people that put their lives on the line while on the job, and we don't pay for their coverage. Look at police officers. They put their lives on the line, and everywhere politicians are trying to make cops pay for their own health coverage. I don't see RH standing up for them. Why are veterans any different? They aren't. Veterans should pay for their own coverage, like everyone else. Senior veterans? Well, they should have planed better for retirement, don't you think? Instead, they want the government to hand-hold and coddle them. 

But yeah, guy should of known better than to trust his junk with the VA, sad to say, but its true.

He should have known better than to join the military.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Itd be nice if there was no need for a military, but unfortunatly, not the world we live in.
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
Itd be nice if there was no need for a military, but unfortunatly, not the world we live in.

It would be nice, but what does that have to do with veterans paying for their own health care instead of leeching off the government?
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
How the hell do these guys not ... I mean, it's so obvious what's ... it's truly mind boggling.
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Soo ... these guys aren't pelicans?

Section Six Soldier

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

That you know of.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Oh, I'm pretty sure nobody pelican'd what was pelicanin on.  Or something.  ;)

Section Six Soldier

Oh, I'm pretty sure nobody pelican'd what was pelicanin on.  Or something.  ;)

I pelican'd on you while you were sleeping.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Sweet.

Section Six Soldier

Sweet.

Yes, now tell everyone how you also think veterans need to get their own health care coverage.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Well they should.  They weren't leeches on society when they were in the service, why should they be allowed to be once they're out?

Section Six Soldier

Well they should.  They weren't leeches on society when they were in the service, why should they be allowed to be once they're out?

But... soldiers deployed in a warzone don't pay income taxes.  Wsan't that the definition of a leech on the government dole until sometime yesterday?
Resident Over-Educated Ivory-Tower Elitist [You don't have the Need-to-Know for that, citizen]

But... soldiers deployed in a warzone don't pay income taxes.  Wsan't that the definition of a leech on the government dole until sometime yesterday?

Well in that case, they also need to start paying taxes.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this

Are you kidding?
Do you actually know what these brave young women and men go through? Just so you can belittle them?

Really HS?

I've seen enough threads to know here this is going.

Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

Are you kidding?
Do you actually know what these brave young women and men go through? Just so you can belittle them?

Really HS?

Hold on a sec. Paying taxes belittles people? Really? Is that what you are saying? 
And by the way, those "brave young men and women" are getting paid for the job they applied to and got hired to do. They are getting plenty of recompense for the job they do. They get a salary, they get room and board, and they get school paid for (if they choose to go).

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Soldiers are government employees, where does the government get its money? It could be said that ALL government emplyees are leeches, but you know what? I dont mind paying taxes so vets can see a decent doctor, its those politicians i cant stand, if anybody should be "cut off" its them!!
Soldiers are government employees, where does the government get its money?

Taxes. However, that mone is being used to pay people who are providing a service. Also, government employees still pay taxes. What makes soldier any different? Why should they get special treatment? They shouldn't. Soldiers should pay taxes like everyone else.  
It could be said that ALL government emplyees are leeches, but you know what? I dont mind paying taxes so vets can see a decent doctor...

Except soldiers conitue to get benefits after they are no longer employed by the government. Would you expect a private employer to continue to pay health benefits to an employee who quit? Why should soldiers continue to get health benefits after they quit? Why should soldiers be exempt from paying taxes? They volunteered to do the job, and they get paid to do that job as well. They need to pay taxes, and once they are out, they need to find their own health care coverage either through a new employer or pay for it themselves.
its those politicians i cant stand, if anybody should be "cut off" its them!!

They should be cut off as well. 

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Two words: 'tee' and 'hee'.

Section Six Soldier

Two words: 'tee' and 'hee'.

Shut it!

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Whoops!  Umm ... nobody's spot has been blown up.  Carry on.

Section Six Soldier

The car I parked to appears to have over-heated. You missed. 
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this