RtR Mechanics, Then and Now

28 posts / 0 new
Last post
I remember a time about a month or so ago when Scavenge, Unleash, and the sort were spoiled, and we mostly didn't like them. I didn't see Populate as being very good, and Unleash certainly didn't appeal to me right away.

However, now that most of you have gotten your hands on the set and played with it, and others (like myself) made do with proxies at the kitchen table waiting for tomorrow when the set comes out, what do you guys think about the guild keywords compared to your first impressions?

For myself:

Populate: I wasn't a fan. I didn't see it being very helpful, but as more and more Selesnya cards became public and by witnessing it in action firsthand the other day, I gotta say it's a really solid mechanic.

Scavenge: With Deadbridge Goliath being the first card spoiled showing off the Golgari keyword, I saw that mana cost required to scavenge and turned away. Going Golgari from the start, I was sorta discouraged. I love the mechanic now.

Unleash: It seemed so... bland to me at first. When I realized that cards like Rakdos Cackler and Gore-House Chainwalker are decent-sized creatures for their costs, I tipped my hat off to Unleash.

Detain: I felt it was annoying then, and still feel it's going to be annoying at the release tomorrow. Being an initially Azorius guy in the first Ravnica block, I was indifferent about this mechanic. I recognize it's potential, to say the least.

Overload: This seemed like the only keyword that was popular then, and still popular now. At least nowadays it isn't so extremely superior to the rest of the keywords, but it still has it's power. Hit EVERYTHING of the opponents for a little extra mana? All over it.

CURRENT EDH DECKS: Sek'kuar | Kraj | Teysa | Wort | Purphoros | Varolz | Reaper King | Rakdos | Isperia | Ultimus | Iroas | Macar | Roon | Marath | Kruphix | Karametra | Marchesa

Populate. At first I wasn't a fan, but I'm starting to like it.

Scavenge. It's better than I thought at first.

Unleash: Bleh then, bleh now. A few good cards for limited, but that's it. Rakdos have Dreadbore and Rakdos himself. Poor things.

Detain: It's annoying, but that's the whole point. Plus, Martial Law is ridiculous. Better than most tappers.

Overload: Really, really good. Not one of these spells didn't say "want" to me.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Unleash Then: That seems like a cool tactical thing.
Unleash Now: Oh my god, Rakdos killed everyone at the prerelease.

Overload Then: Oh god these are going to be game changing.
Overload Now: Wow, these spells did nothing remotely threatening at the prerelease.

Detain Then: Might make control viable in the future.
Detain Now: Might make control viable in the future.

Populate Then: This looks amazing.
Popluate Now: This is tricky.

Scavenge Then: This looks fun, shouldn't be too much trouble.
Scavenge Now: This can spiral out of control really fast. 
I still find them all either boring or terribly named and boring.

3DH4LIF3

I avoided the spoilers, just me but I kind of like the pre-releases to be like a mystery box full of new goodies.  That said my opinion on the machanics:

Overload, love it.

Scavenge seems to be counterproductive to what Golgari has historically done well, graveyard recursion.

Populate, it wasn't good in limited but it will be fun to build around for casual

Detain, yep just what blue white needed, another way to slow down games

Unleash, is interesting I think it could be better than I saw it used at the pre-release so I'm still undecided 
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Detain
Then: I thought it was okay. Don't think locking down one creature for a turn would be too important.
Now: Every. Damn. Turn. Significantly more effective than I thought, significantly less fun than desired.

Overload
Then: Now THAT'S a mechanic! Talk about power!
Now: Never saw it used once. Seems to have just cost too much mana with too little pay off.

Unleash
Then: Word for word, "Well, Rakdos got screwed again. I'll pick them at prerelease."
Now: Well, well. Who woulda thunk that +1/+1 would have been so dramatic? Really enjoy Unleash, and the shocking amount of thought that goes into whether you should unleash or not. Very impressed now.

Scavenge
Then: Eh. Costs a lot of mana.
Now: Eh. Costs a lot of mana.

Populate
Then: That's neat. Mini-Proliferate. Cute, but maybe not too effective.
Now: After being dicked over by it multiple times in clever, clever ways, I'd say its a nice trick. Good mechanic.

That's my evaluations! Yup.
Puresteel players unite! [Archetype] PURESTEEL
Detain: Very simple ability but it works as a keyword. This retroactively turns Arrest into perma-Detain. Altogether fitting for the lawful and orderly Azorius.

Overload: The most interesting keyword in the set simply because of the potential. If they have to choose just one of these five to bring back in the future, I'd pick this one. It's a nice spin on Replicate's concept without stepping on its toes outright.

Unleash: The most disappointing ability, and even simpler than Detain. Granted, it suits B/R's style but I feel like it would have worked better as a minor mechanic, not as the definitive keyword of the guild.

Scavenge: This has perhaps the second-best synergy of the new keywords shown so far with it's predecessor. Dredge puts cards in your graveyard and the ones with Scavenge help you by making your creatures bigger. Golgari Grave-Troll would represent the peak of this synergy. Granted, it's nowhere near as useful as Dredge was, but it's a nice compliment.

Populate: Another synergistic keyword, possibly the most so. And it's much less crazy than Proliferate to boot (though in exchange, you can copy some huge tokens like the 9/9 Golem produced by Titan Forge, which would have required three Proliferations to activate at consistent speed). I'd say this is the second-best ability of the set behind Overload, and only by a small margin.

I avoided the spoilers, just me but I kind of like the pre-releases to be like a mystery box full of new goodies. 

Holy ****! It's that mythical person who actually tries to avoid spoilers. You do exist...
I avoided the spoilers, just me but I kind of like the pre-releases to be like a mystery box full of new goodies. 

Holy ****! It's that mythical person who actually tries to avoid spoilers. You do exist...

Yep, my reason is pretty simple, to me it's more fun not knowing, that way you're not disappointed when you don't pull a specific card in the release.  I just go in, open my packs sort by color read all the cards, build, and hope for the best.

You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
I really liked the look of Populate and Overload when they first started being shown, and wasn't too bothered about the others.  Saw scavenge and detain in action at the pre-release and thought they were very cool.  And drafted a Rakdos feel deck last night and seriously enjoyed unleash.  Now the cards in my hands, I want to build decks that use them all! Great job by wizards.
Scavenge: Never saw anything impressive from it, I've heard that it's been pretty good but it hasn't been exceptionally relevent in any game of limited I've played.

Detain: So. ****ing. Good. Conjunction Junction is easily one of my favorite cards of the set.

Populate: Also incredibly strong, almost every card with it is good even without populate tacked on or produces it's own token, so there wasn't really any "missing" with it.

Unleash: Continues to be boring, but it plays incredibly well and takes a lot of thought to know when and when not to unleash.

Overload: Loved it then, still love it now even though it is basically just kicker with a different name.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)
That's okay. The only time a mechanic sucks for that reason is when it is that mechanic, word-for-word. (Sorry, I couldn't think of any better example than those.)
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
That's okay. The only time a mechanic sucks for that reason is when it is that mechanic, word-for-word. (Sorry, I couldn't think of any better example than those.)

Horsemanship yes, but there is no other mechanic identical to shadow.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)

Horsemanship yes, but there is no other mechanic identical to shadow.

You know I was saying how insanely derivative they are from flying.
139359831 wrote:
You said they were that mechanic, word for word. This is right with horsemanship but Tormented Soul is the closest thing to shadow we have.
Bleh, none of the new mechanics are really that good. They should have stuck to the originals which is what made Ravnica so great, if it ain't broke don't fix it imo. Yeah there are good cards in the set but ravnica was crazy good the first go around. Anyways if they're going to push all these return sets they might as well stick to the original mechanics, just different abilities like a recurring (dredge) dark banish or something. I really don't think WOTC has done a good job as of late trying to recapture it's old fan base with the Twilightish set and all. 
Some of the old mechanics really did need updating though...like the Boros for example...as Radience kinda sucked and would take an awful lot to make it viable.
IMAGE(http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p268/TsengFox/20804.jpg)
Some of the old mechanics really did need updating though...like the Boros for example...as Radience kinda sucked and would take an awful lot to make it viable.

Radience was pretty good IMO, easy answer to the crap ton of sapproling decks floating around and whatnot. I just don't like the fact that golgari known for dredge now has a horrible game mechanic known as scavenge and replicate has become overload it's just horrible imo. Call me bias but guttersnipe is probably the single best card in the set, of course i was also in favor of pithing needle, cranial extraction, etc... being top dollar and everything else being budget =\. I know some stuff was random but oh well :P 

Also WotC didn't update the game mechanics they just completely changed them for the worse, I think affinity and modular should have came back in the recent mirrodin block too and why didn't they make a new kamigawa set? I know it was a rather dull set in general but it had potiential. 
Dredge was a little too good, look at Golgari Grave-Troll and Life from the Loam. Boros and Orzhov could use something more exciting than Radiance and more dynamic than Haunt. I would have liked to see Forecast get used more, Sky Hussar and Pride of the Clouds are awesome. Transmute was useful and made using cards with the same CMC more attractive. Graft was incredibly flexible and has excellent synergy with other blocks, particularly Mirrodin, Innistrad, and RTR. Replicate was useful, especially when you were able to replicate any instant or sorcery. Hellbent wasn't as impressive, though it did get a few good cards. Bloodthirst was simple but effective and Convoke was novel, though a means of convoking any spell in a fashion akin to replicate would have made it much better (perhaps too much).

For reference, these are at the time of this post the highest-rated cards for each keyword:

Pride of the Clouds
Blind Hunter
Muddle the Mixture
Gigadrowse*
Rakdos Pit Dragon
Golgari Grave-Troll
Scab-Clan Mauler
Brightflame
Chord of Calling
Cytoplast Manipulator

Lyev Skyknight
Cyclonic Rift
Rakdos Cackler
Slitherhead
Wayfaring Temple

*Djinn Illuminatus rates higher but doesn't have replicate itself.

Nah, Haunt was a good mechanic. I think they just didn't push it enough. There are still a few Haunt cards that I like to play with in casual decks, such as Cry of Contrition and Orzhov Euthanist.

Then you had embarrassments like Benediction of Moons floating around.

One of my hopes for Sinker is that they revisit the old mechanics (in small numbers) and mix them in with the new guild mechanics. Some like Haunt would need to be pushed further. Others, like Dredge, would need to be kept on a leash. They could make it work though.
D&D rules were never meant to exist without the presence of a DM. RAW is a lie.
Haunt also had players putting the haunting card in the graveyard when the haunted creature died. (You don't.) Also, haunt always felt like a downside to me because it has such negative synergy with my "graveyard matters" cards, also in black. (You know, one of the major elements of black's identity?)
139359831 wrote:
Haunt also had players putting the haunting card in the graveyard when the haunted creature died. (You don't.) Also, haunt always felt like a downside to me because it has such negative synergy with my "graveyard matters" cards, also in black. (You know, one of the major elements of black's identity?)

It's almost like the haunt cards weren't meant to be put in decks that care about your graveyard.
Yeah, White/Black decks are distinctive from Black Necromancy decks.

Hopefully they put the 'Bleed' mechanic as the main focus for Orzhov this time.
IMAGE(http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p268/TsengFox/20804.jpg)
Dredge was a little too good, look at Golgari Grave-Troll and Life from the Loam. Boros and Orzhov could use something more exciting than Radiance and more dynamic than Haunt. I would have liked to see Forecast get used more, Sky Hussar and Pride of the Clouds are awesome. Transmute was useful and made using cards with the same CMC more attractive. Graft was incredibly flexible and has excellent synergy with other blocks, particularly Mirrodin, Innistrad, and RTR. Replicate was useful, especially when you were able to replicate any instant or sorcery. Hellbent wasn't as impressive, though it did get a few good cards. Bloodthirst was simple but effective and Convoke was novel, though a means of convoking any spell in a fashion akin to replicate would have made it much better (perhaps too much).

For reference, these are at the time of this post the highest-rated cards for each keyword:

Pride of the Clouds
Blind Hunter
Muddle the Mixture
Gigadrowse*
Rakdos Pit Dragon
Golgari Grave-Troll
Scab-Clan Mauler
Brightflame
Chord of Calling
Cytoplast Manipulator

Lyev Skyknight
Cyclonic Rift
Rakdos Cackler
Slitherhead
Wayfaring Temple

*Djinn Illuminatus rates higher but doesn't have replicate itself.

Yeah dredge is a little too good i'll agree...I think the only mechanic which was pretty bland was bloodthirst and I think that's more along the lines of the gruul cards themselves and not really the mechanic, Rumbling slum was the only card that really made gruul beatdown viable imo. I think dredge should've made a come back though with more taxing dredge costs or maybeh pay life instead of mill perhaps? Either way it goes i'm sure scavenge is pretty popular especially in beatdown decks :P. Nothing wrong with Haunt though btw  

Unleash: Looked boring then, still boring now (Though out of the three teams we played, only one guy went rakdos, and IIRC he went with the boring strategy of leashing the regenerators to stall the board).

Scavenge: Boring then, boring now (More fun than unleash at least since you can do some graveyardy stuff. Plus it' nifty how dredge complements it as somebody else pointed out). Well, except Slitherheading your Loleth troll, that still makes me smile.

Overload: Hasn't changed much, still a nifty idea that's hampered by limited design space and the need to give cards stupidly awkward and narrow wording to accomodate it (I mean really, did you have to shank Teleportal, what were you worried people wouldn't overload it because they were at one life when their opponent had an ornithopter and Soul's Fire mana?). 

Populate: I was on the fence about this one, seemed like it could work pretty well if they delivered on the token front. Which they did, but despite trying to be proliferate for tokens, it lacks some of the wow factor proliferate had (and is ironically kind of the opposite of proliferate on the modular/linear scale). It basically devolved into "Oh yay, all my spells put an 8/8 into play. Woo .

Detain: Seemed like it'd be kind of boring at first, but after playing it I've fallen in love. It's deceptively powerful and surprisingly fun to be able to dictate the board like that. 

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
Part of Haunt's problem was that it depended on auxiliary abilities to be any good and the exile was mandatory when they could have made it an option and given the keyword greater flexibility, whereas Graft had an inherent and optional benefit. Haunt is inherently a drawback similar to Defender, for the only fixed effect is that the card is exiled when it's put into a graveyard from the battlefield or resolves. Flicker and bounce also severely cripple Haunt, as the creature only remains haunted as long as it remains on the battlefield. They could at least have worded the abilities to say "When the haunted creature leaves the battlefield".

What would have made Haunt really good is if instead of triggering when the haunted creature or better yet permanent is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, the haunt effect continues as long as the haunted permanent remains on the battlefield, such as giving your creatures +1/+1 or making the haunted permanent's controller sacrifice a permanent at the beginning of their upkeep. They could technically make Haunt work this way by re-wording the secondary abilities, such as "As long as the haunted creature remains on the battlefield, creatures you control get +1/+1". That's one benfit of Haunt, its simplicity allows for versatile use in the future.

So I suppose Haunt has the potential to be really good, they just haven't realized that potential yet.

EDIT: According to the MTG Salvation Wiki, one of the rulings for Haunt is "Instants and sorceries with haunt have the same effect when they're played as when the haunted creature is put into a graveyard. Creatures with haunt have the same effect when they come into play as when the haunted creature is put into a graveyard". I don't know where they got that ruling, as they don't cite a source, and if it is indeed a legit rule I don't know if that's simply a statement of the current design trend or a hard rule the professional designers have to follow. If that is indeed the case, that hurts Haunt's potential considerably.

If one asked me to rank the original Ravnica keywords, the order would probably look like this, based on self control and resource-friendliness:

1. Dredge

2. Transmute

3. Graft

4. Replicate

5. Forecast

6. Convoke

7. Bloodthirst

8. Radiance

9. Hellbent

10. Haunt

It's almost like the haunt cards weren't meant to be put in decks that care about your graveyard.

I know that, but it feels weird to build a black deck that doesn't use the graveyard to some extent.
139359831 wrote:

I know that, but it feels weird to build a black deck that doesn't use the graveyard to some extent.

It cares about the part where you sacrifice them.