Do we have a date for Packet 3 yet?

I've heard 'October' but has anyone announced an actual date?
I believe nothing is set in stone, but I'm using the great science of guesswork... Friday the 12th.

I'm an optimist. 
Optimism says Friday the 5th...

"The turning of the tide always begins with one soldier's decision to head back into the fray"

I like Phobos answer, I will now believe it is fact until the 6th ;)
I believe nothing is set in stone, but I'm using the great science of guesswork... Friday the 12th.

I'm an optimist. 

That's my guess as well - given that the last playtest packet went out mid-August, I'd expect another mid-month release.
Race for the Iron Throne - political and historical analysis of A Song of Ice and Fire.
They missed the last deadline by two months, but they were working on Combat Superiority. I doubt it'll be on time, but not that late this time. Last week of October, close to November.

5 Minute WorkdayMy Webcomic Updated Tue & Thur

Also check out my books at 5mwd.com/publishingIncluding Jester David's How-To Guide to Fantasy Worldbuildinga compilation of my blog series on Worldbuilding.

Not soon enough
Not soon enough

This man speaks the truth

Meow!
Give it to me, Meow!! err...I mean us, give it to us, Meow!! 
Right when I don't have time to go through it if history serves.
I suspect it'll be on a monday actually. perhaps the 15th.
I also expect shardminds to be in the next packet, and for them to decide that the only playable class is the Tome of Battle Swordsage, and all characters must be a variant of that, using backgrounds and specialties.

And there will be a return to three alignments: Cool ranch, Nacho Chedder, and for a limited time Firey Habanero 

I am currently raising funds to run for President in 2016. Too many administrations have overlooked the international menace, that is Carmen Sandiego. I shall devote any and all necessary military resources to bring her to justice.

I wanna play a nacho cheddar paladin.

SMITE POTATO PRODUCTS! 
I wanna play a nacho cheddar paladin.

SMITE POTATO PRODUCTS! 

Oooooh sorry, were all out of nacho cheddar paladin, and its not a swordsage (and onion) variant anyway.

Would you like a Cool Ranch Sword Mage? 
Funyuns shatter my sense of immersion. They should be a background or a specialty, AT MOST.
Dwarves invented beer so they could toast to their axes. Dwarves invented axes to kill people and take their beer. Swanmay Syndrome: Despite the percentages given in the Monster Manual, in reality 100% of groups of swans contain a Swanmay, because otherwise the DM would not have put any swans in the game.
Funyuns shatter my sense of immersion. They should be a background or a specialty, AT MOST.

Agreed, we should only have 4 types of chips. Lays, Ruffles, Pringles, and Corn Chips. Anything else is diluting the game. And no, corn chips should not come in different flavors under any circumstances, it ruins the experience!

Agreed, we should only have 4 types of chips. Lays, Ruffles, Pringles, and Corn Chips. Anything else is diluting the game. And no, corn chips should not come in different flavors under any circumstances, it ruins the experience!

I am a corn chip, and I am getting a kick out of these comments.

No starches for me. I want cashews. Smoked almonds are great options too.
It will be released when it's ready.

err...

...this isn't Heart of the Swarm forum?? 

Reading these posts, I just feel like such a dip.
"Our idea of rules modules has a wide range of scope; sometimes, our rules modules might just be small tweaks and variant rules, while other times they could be large-scale changes and entirely new subsystems. We want people to make the game their own, and that means provided a whole array of possibilities based on what you, the players, tell us that you want." -D&DNext Q&A Blog, 8/29/12, Answer #3.

Oh god puns... "packet" in, before it gets out of hand?

That was so cheesy.

That was so cheesy.

That's nacho business.
"Our idea of rules modules has a wide range of scope; sometimes, our rules modules might just be small tweaks and variant rules, while other times they could be large-scale changes and entirely new subsystems. We want people to make the game their own, and that means provided a whole array of possibilities based on what you, the players, tell us that you want." -D&DNext Q&A Blog, 8/29/12, Answer #3.

Packet up, packet in, let me begin....

Sorry. 

That was so cheesy.

That's nacho business.

I corn hardly believe that you said that.

A list of CharOp Handbooks I'm currently updating:

Heart of the Dragon: A Dragonborn's Handbook

Infernal Wrath: A Tiefling's Handbook

That was so cheesy.

That's nacho business.

I corn hardly believe that you said that.

I'll chip in my two quesos.
I'll play a cheddar-and-onion swordsage, with Misplaced Habanero as a Specialty. Maybe pick up Store Brand as a Background...
The last PC I played was a chip-off-the-old block. 

A Brave Knight of WTF

Rhenny's Blog:  http://community.wizards.com/user/1497701/blog

Packet 3 is coming out on Dec 22nd.  The Day after the end of the Mayan calendar.  They don't want to start listening to new complaints about the system if the world is just going to end anyway.
Packet 3 is coming out on Dec 22nd.  The Day after the end of the Mayan calendar.  They don't want to start listening to new complaints about the system if the world is just going to end anyway.

The Mayan's didn't believe the world was going to end. They believed a huge change would come that would reset the world. Some kind of apocalyptic event that would reset mankind to the stone age...Smile
"Unite the [fan] base? Hardly. As of right now, I doubt their ability to unite a slightly unruly teabag with a cup of water."--anjelika
1-4E play style
The 4E play style is a high action cinematic style of play where characters worry less about being killed in one hit and more about strategy and what their next move is and the one after it. The players talk back and forth about planning a battle and who can do what to influence the outcome. 4E play is filled with cinematic over the top action. An Eladrin teleports out of the grip of the Ogre. The Fighter slams the dragons foot with his hammer causing it to rear up and stagger back in pain. The Cleric creates a holy zone where their allies weapons are guided to their targets and whenever an enemy dies the Clerics allies are healed. 4E is about knowing when to lauch your nova attack, whether its a huge arcane spell that causes enemies to whirl around in a chaotic storm, or if its a trained adrenaline surge that causes you to attack many many times with two weapons on a single target, or a surge of adrenaline that keeps you going though you should already be dead. Its about tactics and the inability to carry around a bag of potions or a few wands and never have to worry about healing. Its about the guy that can barely role play having the same chance to convince the king to aid the group as the guy that takes improv acting classes and regularly stars as an extra on movies.
Stormwind Fallacy
The Stormwind Fallacy, aka the Roleplayer vs Rollplayer Fallacy Just because one optimizes his characters mechanically does not mean that they cannot also roleplay, and vice versa. Corollary: Doing one in a game does not preclude, nor infringe upon, the ability to do the other in the same game. Generalization 1: One is not automatically a worse role player if he optimizes, and vice versa. Generalization 2: A non-optimized character is not automatically role played better than an optimized one, and vice versa. ...[aside]... Proof: These two elements rely on different aspects of a player's game play. Optimization factors in to how well one understands the rules and handles synergies to produce a very effective end result. Role playing deals with how well a player can act in character and behave as if he was someone else. A person can act while understanding the rules, and can build something powerful while still handling an effective character. There is nothing in the game -- mechanical or otherwise -- restricting one if you participate in the other. Claiming that an optimizer cannot role play (or is participating in a play style that isn't supportive of role playing) because he is an optimizer, or vice versa, is committing the Stormwind Fallacy.
The spells we should getLook here to Check out my adventures and ideas. I've started a blog, about video games, table top role playing games, programming, and many other things its called Kel and Lok Games. My 4E Fantasy Grounds game is currently full.
They believed a huge change would come that would reset the world. Some kind of apocalyptic event that would reset mankind to the stone age...

The Mayans never really got out of the stone age.

They believed a huge change would come that would reset the world. Some kind of apocalyptic event that would reset mankind to the stone age...

The Mayans never really got out of the stone age.

I find it funny that the Mayans predicted events thousands of years in advance, but didn't see their own end coming at the hands of drought and deforestation.
I actually think the next packet will be  released tommorow on the 8th. Last time unless I am mistaken the last packet was released as a legend and lore and was released later in the day, if you look at the calander the 8th has the legend and lore being release later in the day. So looks like it might be the packet since its like the time before, also its the only legend and lore that is listed as published later in the day. 

The Mayan's didn't believe the world was going to end. They believed a huge change would come that would reset the world. Some kind of apocalyptic event that would reset mankind to the stone age...Smile

Oops...my bad.  I guess it ain't so bad afterall.
I actually think the next packet will be  released tommorow on the 8th. Last time unless I am mistaken the last packet was released as a legend and lore and was released later in the day, if you look at the calander the 8th has the legend and lore being release later in the day. So looks like it might be the packet since its like the time before, also its the only legend and lore that is listed as published later in the day. 

I may be jumping the gun (and probably am) but seeing as Legends and Lore are usually up pretty darn near midnight every monday and this one is a little late (though, it's not like he has to have a new one the second it turns 12) you might actually be right.

If a new L+L isn't out by 1, I might actually go to bed expecting a nice surprise in the morning (and probably end up disapointed).  
Yeah, I am not saying its for sure, but its weird that google calender on the WOTC website lists it as "

Legends & Lore (published later in the day)

WhenMonday, Oct 8, 2012

"
and all the other Legends and Lore are don't have the ((published later in the day))... if you wanna check it out its here towards the bottom www.wizards.com/dnd/dndnext.aspx
Yeah, I am not saying its for sure, but its weird that google calender on the WOTC website lists it as "

Legends & Lore (published later in the day)

WhenMonday, Oct 8, 2012

"
and all the other Legends and Lore are don't have the ((published later in the day))... if you wanna check it out its here towards the bottom www.wizards.com/dnd/dndnext.aspx

Ooooo, how interesting >! Mewtwo my friend, I think you may be onto something here. 

Here's for hoping! 
Could just be a holiday thing (it's a federal holiday in the U.S.), but fingers crossed.
Dwarves invented beer so they could toast to their axes. Dwarves invented axes to kill people and take their beer. Swanmay Syndrome: Despite the percentages given in the Monster Manual, in reality 100% of groups of swans contain a Swanmay, because otherwise the DM would not have put any swans in the game.

Sorry, that date allready passed. It was August 2011.  The Mayan Calendar didn't take into account leap years.
The Mayan Calendar didn't take into account leap years.

Which means absolutely nothing since their calendar was very accurate and leap years are a construct of the calendar that WE use which is a completely different calendar. What matters is that the guys converting the Mayan dates into Julian dates did it right.

Sheesh.

The Mayan Calendar didn't take into account leap years.

Which means absolutely nothing since their calendar was very accurate and leap years are a construct of the calendar that WE use which is a completely different calendar. What matters is that the guys converting the Mayan dates into Julian dates did it right.

Sheesh.

Which they didn't. :D