The Color Pie, philosophy talk

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
My biggest interest in mtg is the philosophy of the five colors, which without the game would lack flavor. So this thread is to see your individual ideas of what each color represents and why you may align yourself to a particular color.

In my eyes the five colors go like this...

: Fascism (For everyone to follow a strict set of ethics)
: Omniscience (To learn everything regardless of the price)
: Narcissism (To do whatever it takes to benefit the self)
: Anarchy (To be absolutely free and do as you please)
: Primitive (To live by the laws of nature and pure instinct)
This si feeling like a Flavor and Storyline thread, not a Design and Devolpment thread.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
I agree, this feels like a flavour discussion.

Personality-wise, I'm strongly white and secondarily blue. This is not at all fascistic (I hope?). So I'd say that the key elements of white for me are law and order (believing that society works best when people follow the rules), rationality (believing it's possible to have sensible rules that can work), community (believing society works best when individuals willingly give up some of their resources for the good of the group), and suchlike.

Don't judge white-blue by the Azorius: although they're opposed to advancement, remember that the concept of progress is also white-blue (Talisman of Progress's cycle is great for identifying colour-pairs' philosophies).

Obviously white does have its fascistic, militiaristic and cultic sides too, but I don't think they're primarily what white's about, certainly not as far as being the single one word chosen to sum white up.